Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Parting of the Red Sea
http://www.aolnews.com/science/article/s...s/19643722

Can't stay long. Staff please edit. I'll be back later to check on this.
Very interesting stuff...
"It sounded like a bad fry, unimportant, with a bowl of rice." ~ Victor

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." ~ Billy, age 4

That is very interesting indeed!
Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame.
(William Butler Yeats, "The Land of Heart's Desire," 1894)

This is certainly a good explanation offered. It is possible that the "parting of the Red Sea" actually took place in the Nile Delta, which runs east to west and could be parted by a strong easterly wind, under the right conditions.

Still though...the timing, if you believe the story of the Exodus, was unbelievably perfect. But....that is the nature of a miracle, isn't it?

Interesting article, IG...thanks for posting it!
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

I think the nature of it and the miracle of it are hand in hand. It happened by natural forces through the work of a greater power... Just my thoughts.
"It sounded like a bad fry, unimportant, with a bowl of rice." ~ Victor

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." ~ Billy, age 4

If the Egyptian army drowned in the two foot deep Nile Delta then that'd be an even greater miracle. Elisha's first miracle was also parting a large body of water... I guess he didn't know how to walk over it.
The fact that Moses commanded nature on queue is what makes it a miracle of God.
The odds of ANY explanation happening at the exact moment Moses did what he did makes it STILL a miracle.
Not that we can prove it happened.
(10-15-2010, 08:57 PM)AngelSlayerPagan Wrote: Not that we can prove it happened.

Not that we can prove it didn't happen.
(10-16-2010, 08:20 AM)beauseant Wrote:
(10-15-2010, 08:57 PM)AngelSlayerPagan Wrote: Not that we can prove it happened.

Not that we can prove it didn't happen.

You know, you're not helping your case. You've pretty much assured my point to be the correct one. We can't prove it either way, therefore, it didn't happen.
(10-16-2010, 05:11 PM)AngelSlayerPagan Wrote: We can't prove it either way, therefore, it didn't happen.

LOL.....I like your OJ Simpson brand of logic. It is entertaining.Icontexto-emoticons-01-032x032

BTW, I don't HAVE a case. Bluecy

I never stated anything to ever give you the assumption that I did. One sentence does not a "case" make.Blueud