Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Sex before marriage
09-12-2010, 05:39 AM
Sex before marriage
I dont know who to ask about this, it is personal and so there's no one i know that i could tell about this and still feel comfortable, if someone has sex before marriage, but has realised it was a sin to do so, and asks God for forgiveness, will they still be deemed worthy to enter Heaven?

Please help

Ignorance is Bliss but Knowledge is Power
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2010, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2010 08:17 AM by scarygirl67.)
RE: Sex before marriage
According to the Bible, yes. God doesn't hold your past against you....that would be human beings that do things like that.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:9

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,"
Acts 3:19

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace."
Ephesians 1:7

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
09-12-2010, 09:10 AM
I believe God is a loving, forgiving Father. I think He will hold nothing against us IF we are truly sorry. Words can be empty though - if we say sorry and do not mean it, I think God will know in our hearts if we are genuine or not!

But yes...if we realise we have done wrong and repent, we will be forgiven of any sin.
09-12-2010, 10:01 AM
I agree 100% with Scary. I imagine that you are getting married in a religious ceremony of some sort?
09-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Thank you to Fiona and Scary girl, sometimes i feel that though God forgives me, I still cant forgive myself, but I am learning to forgive myself.

@ Isis, im wont be getting married anytime soon, but when I do, it will be religious, probably a ceremony in a church.

Ignorance is Bliss but Knowledge is Power
09-12-2010, 01:20 PM
yes Jenova you are still Gods child and he loves you... personally I think having sex before you are married is considered bad is a human rule, not Gods! The reason why is, animals do not get married and they still go to heaven! Also that's my belief on relationships... God gave us a gift to love and sex just kind of goes with that unless someone over does it... That's another story!
09-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Having sex with your partner before getting married is perfectly fine. It isn't a sin, and it isn't going to prevent you from going to heaven when you die.

LMC is right, it isn't God's rule it's a man made rule to scare people into thinking that if they have sex before marriage they wont go to heaven.

Butterfly Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments in life that take your breath away.
09-12-2010, 01:55 PM
(09-12-2010 01:53 PM)vzy4kat6387 Wrote:  Having sex with your partner before getting married is perfectly fine. It isn't a sin, and it isn't going to prevent you from going to heaven when you die.

LMC is right, it isn't God's rule it's a man made rule to scare people into thinking that if they have sex before marriage they wont go to heaven.

ahhh Thank you VZY Icontexto-emoticons-06-032x032
09-12-2010, 01:58 PM
You are forgiven 100%. Jesus died on the cross for our sins to be forgiven. He who believes in him will have everlasting life, and be welcomed into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Please do not be so hard on yourself. We have all sinned at one time or another.

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
09-12-2010, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2010 02:20 PM by LMC.)
(09-12-2010 01:58 PM)Ali Wrote:  Please do not be so hard on yourself. We have all sinned at one time or another.

So true Ali so true! I am no saint Lord knows all my sin... God forgive me! He also knows I love him & have complete faith in him he is our creator!