Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A house full of shadow creatures?
My old house that I lived in for ten years had specific areas where the same shadow creatures would play peek-a-boo in specific doorways. It was always the same movement in the same areas. The doorway to the basement was one. The shadow man would pop his head and upper body around the corner and watch me or whoever was nearby. Whenever we'd look (that feeling you get when someone is watching you) they'd pop back around the corner and disappear. It would never let me get a clear view of it. It was very quick.

Sometimes the shadow creature would use the stairs and sounded just like a person going down the stairs.

I did some research and found that the last family to live in the house, the father had died building another house with his sons (they were construction workers), and the family moved following his death.

I wondered if he had come back to the house and was stuck there looking for his family or something?
Hmm...who knows what you could really be experiencing with the research you found. The 'feeling like somebody watching you' could be a fear cage effect caused by high EMF. EMF can be generated by electronical devices, metal or minerals...Do you live next to any power lines? As for the movement down the stairs, it could have just been your house settling, but I understand only you know how vivid the movement/sounds were.
Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. ~Marie Curie

[Image: th_Endless_Tranquility_by_Razo0r-Optimized.jpg]

I agree with sadfrz in that it could be a result of high EMF's. Especially since you say it occurred in the same location all the time and had the same movement. Would there have been any motion sensor lights in the area of where you lived that might have cast a shadow? Or any other outside light that would repeat? Of course, you know how the layout of the home was, so that might not even be an issue.

I think it's really cool that you did research on the place and that you did find something interesting...and of course, the EMF is just a suggestion to make sure that cause has been examined.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

(09-03-2010, 08:43 AM)Lanosrep Noitamrofni Wrote: My old house that I lived in for ten years had specific areas where the same shadow creatures would play peek-a-boo in specific doorways. It was always the same movement in the same areas. The doorway to the basement was one. The shadow man would pop his head and upper body around the corner and watch me or whoever was nearby. Whenever we'd look (that feeling you get when someone is watching you) they'd pop back around the corner and disappear. It would never let me get a clear view of it. It was very quick.

Sometimes the shadow creature would use the stairs and sounded just like a person going down the stairs.

I did some research and found that the last family to live in the house, the father had died building another house with his sons (they were construction workers), and the family moved following his death.

I wondered if he had come back to the house and was stuck there looking for his family or something?

I, too had a shadow man in my house for many years. He stood at my bedroom door in the hallway and just looked out the door leading onto the porch. I never saw him but I felt his presence. One of my friends saw him often. My brother in law was at my home watching movies with me one night. He loved ice cream and would never turn it down when offered. I had gone grocery shopping that day and had some ice cream bars and fudge bars (both of which he loved) in the freezer. While I was changing the movie, I told him about the ice cream. He went into the kitchen to get the ice cream. When he came back into the living room, he didn't have any. I asked him why he didn't get the ice cream and he said he changed his mind. Shortly thereafter, he went home. Years later, he asked me if I remember that night. I told him yes and asked why he didn't want the ice cream. He told me that when he went into the kitchen, he saw a man in the hallway at my bedroom door and it scared him. This is the same thing that my friend had told me years before. I jokingly told my friend that maybe the shadow man was my guardian angel and she replied that he was not an angel. He was evil. He never bothered me and I never saw him. I just felt he was there. Any comments?
(09-03-2010, 08:43 AM)Lanosrep Noitamrofni Wrote: My old house that I lived in for ten years had specific areas where the same shadow creatures would play peek-a-boo in specific doorways. It was always the same movement in the same areas. The doorway to the basement was one. The shadow man would pop his head and upper body around the corner and watch me or whoever was nearby. Whenever we'd look (that feeling you get when someone is watching you) they'd pop back around the corner and disappear. It would never let me get a clear view of it. It was very quick.

(09-03-2010, 09:07 PM)scarygirl67 Wrote: I agree with sadfrz in that it could be a result of high EMF's. Especially since you say it occurred in the same location all the time and had the same movement. Would there have been any motion sensor lights in the area of where you lived that might have cast a shadow? Or any other outside light.

There was a motion sensor light nearby, yes. But it did happen at various times throughout the day and night.
(09-03-2010, 09:13 PM)shudders Wrote: I jokingly told my friend that maybe the shadow man was my guardian angel and she replied that he was not an angel. He was evil. He never bothered me and I never saw him. I just felt he was there. Any comments?

I don't think it would be evil, because it never bothered you thankfully.Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shadow Creatures Haunted 98 156,124 11-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Last Post: ouijalover123
  Has anyone encountered benign shadow creatures? robinsone987 3 4,685 03-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Night11
  Shadow Creatures living in my home? AliceReid 2 2,943 12-14-2016, 05:23 AM
Last Post: rudidur
  Shadow-like creature/s in my house Logan3598 0 1,723 12-12-2016, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Logan3598
  Mini Shadow Creatures tayarama 1 3,181 08-29-2015, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Zula Girl