Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floating/flying silver sphere/orbs?
I saw a floating silver ball in the sky at a low altitude right before a bad thunderstorm. At first I thought it was a balloon, but as I observed it I noticed it had no string, or any other features that a balloon would have. It was a perfect sphere.

I youtubed "silver orb" and found two separate news broadcasts from South America where silver orbs were flying in the sky. Very convincing videos, and the thing that I witnessed looked like it could be the same thing as in the videos.

What could it be, and has anyone else seen these yet?
Since you say it happened right before a thunderstorm, it could possibly be ball lightening. To this day, no one is exactly sure what that is, but many theories have been looked at through the years.

http://www.skepdic.com/balllightning.html

There are also earth lights, generated by the earth itself. Again, this is something that is theorized about a lot but not completely understood.

http://inamidst.com/lights/earth
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

(08-29-2010, 08:23 AM)scarygirl67 Wrote: Since you say it happened right before a thunderstorm, it could possibly be ball lightening. To this day, no one is exactly sure what that is, but many theories have been looked at through the years.

There are also earth lights, generated by the earth itself. Again, this is something that is theorized about a lot but not completely understood.

Thank you for your answer.

The ball looked metallic though and not lit up in anyway. It looked solid, like metal of some kind. It wasn't shining. Would that be possible with ball lightning, or Earthlights?
Actually, something that sounds exactly like this was covered recently by a new TV show called "Fact or Fake; Paranormal Files".

It is a helium baloon, looks metallic and has a very thin string not visible from far away, and is quite large at 7 feet in diameter. They are available for sale over the internet for a few hundred bucks. This is just one model...there are several including a giant silver ball and an "Earth" ballon.

You can buy one here; http://www.giantearthglobes.com/

Attached Files Image(s)

Considering how much metal is under the Earth's surface, it would make sense that something metallic in appearance could generate from there. However, as I don't want to give you any wrong information, I won't say that it is definitely what happened...just something to consider.

There is a conspiracy theory that has gained a lot of popularity, and that is that the contrails behind jet airplanes (the stream that is seen following behind them) are actually chemicals being sprayed. (chemtrails). There is no real proof to any of that, but there is a theory that these silver spheres that are seen are actually ways to measure the chemtrail activity. If you Google (not youtube) "silver orbs" you will see some information about that. Personally, I would lean toward some kind of earth light phenomenon, but I am not an expert...just a seeker!
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

(08-29-2010, 11:20 AM)Lady Kamae Wrote: It is a helium baloon, looks metallic and has a very thin string not visible from far away, and is quite large at 7 feet in diameter. They are available for sale over the internet for a few hundred bucks. This is just one model...there are several including a giant silver ball and an "Earth" ballon.

That sounds very plausible. Perhaps I was pranked!
(08-29-2010, 10:01 PM)Lanosrep Noitamrofni Wrote:
(08-29-2010, 11:20 AM)Lady Kamae Wrote: It is a helium baloon, looks metallic and has a very thin string not visible from far away, and is quite large at 7 feet in diameter. They are available for sale over the internet for a few hundred bucks. This is just one model...there are several including a giant silver ball and an "Earth" ballon.

That sounds very plausible. Perhaps I was pranked!

If you were...I would SO be getting back at somebody for that one! Icontexto-emoticons-01-032x032

(08-29-2010, 11:24 AM)scarygirl67 Wrote: Considering how much metal is under the Earth's surface, it would make sense that something metallic in appearance could generate from there. However, as I don't want to give you any wrong information, I won't say that it is definitely what happened...just something to consider.

There is a conspiracy theory that has gained a lot of popularity, and that is that the contrails behind jet airplanes (the stream that is seen following behind them) are actually chemicals being sprayed. (chemtrails). There is no real proof to any of that, but there is a theory that these silver spheres that are seen are actually ways to measure the chemtrail activity. If you Google (not youtube) "silver orbs" you will see some information about that. Personally, I would lean toward some kind of earth light phenomenon, but I am not an expert...just a seeker!

I am a complete chemtrail believer! In fact I had read about these silver orbs following or ahead of the planes leaving trails, but I found that far fetched, and forgot about it. I guess it's a just another file to add to my chemtrail conspiracy. But I wont count out that it was a prank, or perhaps even something from the earth, but I will keep watching for more of them.
Although it would be quite easy to prank one as you can see...continue to research your experience and see what else you might be able to come up with.

I am a firm believer that we are not alone.
(08-29-2010, 10:14 PM)Lady Kamae Wrote: Although it would be quite easy to prank one as you can see...continue to research your experience and see what else you might be able to come up with.

I am a firm believer that we are not alone.

Our universe is just way too big for us to be the only creatures I think.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Huge Sphere UFO Sighting in Southern Kentucky The Messenger 0 3,747 05-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Last Post: The Messenger
  Unidentified Sphere UFO in Kentucky The Messenger 0 1,879 01-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Last Post: The Messenger