Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pendulum session... amazing activity....can it all be down to involuntary movement?
This morning I tried using my pendulum again and I swear I am not exaggerating here when I tell you that the pendulum moved so fast, so strongly, that it actually began to make me feel uncomfortable! I've never seen it move that way before.

I was asking it questions, as normal, and it moved clockwise for yes, anti-clockwise for no. Then I probed more, started asking more specific questions and the movement was unlike anything I've seen before. It moved so quickly, so fast, and then it would abruptly stop once I had the answer.

I know people say it's all about the small finger movements and I agree, really, thats what is causing it.. but it amazes me that while I am sitting calmly and still, suddenly it's jerking all over the place and then stops just like that into utter stillness...

Has anyone had a session like that before? I ended up even stopping my session as it took me by surprise, I admit.

Is this normal, common movement for a pendulum?

What do you think, and do you get the same results when you use them?
If a pendulum really works then it should still work when you remove the human factor. If you hang it on a stand it should still work if paranormal forces can control it. Just put your hand out and watch the movement that occurs naturally.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Wow UNR that is true, You would think. We need an experiment. That is cool, never thought of this. I need a stand, who's got one? This would be fun. I wonder if LK has tried that. You got me going now. Thanks a lot, I'm trying to take a break from that. Now I'm going to have to rig up some kind of test. I will get back to you on this. I'm excited now... Melanie

"Be who you are, and say what you want
Because those that matter, don't mind
And those that mind, don't matter"

~Dr Suess~
That experiment is great but the people who really want to believe it works will say the spirits need a human to control. .....
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(08-08-2010, 11:50 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: That experiment is great but the people who really want to believe it works will say the spirits need a human to control. .....
Well I think you are right, I'm going to check it out. I'm with you on that one...

~Dr Suess~
Actually I have tried it. One of the portions in my parapsychology class that covered pendulums, had an excersize to secure the pendulum instead of holding it during a Q&A. Incredibly, it still worked. Human factor removed...pendulum still functional.

A later class excersize in pendulums asked to hang the pendulum and attemp to move it focusing with your mind. It never moved though, I just ended up with a headache.

Fiona, though I havent seen it written anywhere...I experienced this as well. The more I used my pendulum the faster it responded and with more elaborate motion. I think it has to do with charging it to your energy much the way a stone can be charged.

It can also be used to locate lost objects in the home. It will point in the direction of the object you are searching for.
Lk you have tried what UNR is talking about? and it worked, that is good to hear. I was thinking of a way to hang it. I have done well with them too. I have always used a alphabet chart, then you can get real sentences. Thats when it gets interesting. That yes, and no, is for the birds...lol If you get in touch with the right source you can get all kinds of info. chakra, vit. and min. that you are lacking in. There are all kinds of charts, you can print out on that one web site, I told you about Fiona. I know you already printed the abc one.
I think it is just amazing, I'm happy you are doing so well with it, I'm not surprised you are good at a lot of things. It seems so natural, it's hard to believe some people get nothing. Mel

~Dr Suess~
I have tried doing yes and no with a necklace with a heavy charm, is this the same idea? How do you use an alphabet chart? The necklace did move in big motions, and stopped between questions. Scared my former boyfriend!
If there's an alphabet chart, you just essentially turned it into a quija board.
Don't say that Lady Karmae..is that true? *shudders* I was using an alphabet chart so that my spirit guide could answer questions more elaborately.... would it be a big difference if they could communicate more than yes or no answers? If so I am ripping it up lol, as I've decided to stay away from Ouijas for the time being!