Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Ching Questions Anyone?
Alright, recently I finished my class on I Ching (pronounced ee-Ching) . I never in my wildest dreams thought I would do as well with it or understand it as well as I do.

The I Ching is a Chinese oracle dating back more than 2500 years and was even used by confucious, the great plilosopher. I Ching means "The Book of Changes" and is a method of divining used primarilly for decision making and understanding major life changes, such as marriage, career, major moves and the year to come.

Since I have already driven my friends and family crazy with the coin tossing, I thought I would offer to do a reading for the members here. Feel free to ask a question, and I will see what the oracle says for you. You can ask in the thread or PM me if you prefer to receive a more private answer.

This is all in fun. It's based on the premise that everything in the universe has it's place, and that the coins are a representation of the flow and ebb of the universe. There are thousands of combinations that could turn up in a reading...so feel free. I will explain the readings according to the Hexagram tables and definitions, so my personal opinions or feelings will not be involved in anyway.

Oddly, so far the readings I have done have been very acurate. Names won't be used or anything but out of my own general curiosity I am keeping a record of the results and how well they apply to the question asked. I am happy to do a reading for every question...just be patient and I will get back to you.

The thing I like it about this oracle is that I think sometimes we as humans are paralyzed by our own fears in making decisions. This gives you the means and confidence to move past that, and make choices. Instead of tunnel vision it offers a wider viewpoint of a situation.

Ask away!
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Feel free to tell me what you need and I will tell you how to get by without it. ~Mom

For the believer, both the evidence of science and the failure of science to explain the paranormal is all the proof they need. For the skeptic, no evidence no matter how scientific will ever be proof enough. ~John Zaffis
I would love to have one done when you are able to LK! You can post any answers here, I'm pretty much an open book!
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

Just ask away then...what question is burning at you lately?
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Feel free to tell me what you need and I will tell you how to get by without it. ~Mom

For the believer, both the evidence of science and the failure of science to explain the paranormal is all the proof they need. For the skeptic, no evidence no matter how scientific will ever be proof enough. ~John Zaffis
My housing situation, mainly. I'm concerned for my children, and it has really been distracting me not knowing what is going to happen. So I guess.....what is going to happen, and what steps do I need to take?
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

There's a trip (same trip) that i've planned twice but something has come up and made it not happen.

I want to make that trip and am planning it once again.... Why hasn't it happened and will it happen?

PM my answer, after i've read it you can put it on here without getting too personal.... i'd be ok with it. Thanks. geo.
"I'm extraordinarily patient provided i get my way in the end." -Margaret Thatcher
"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." -Coco Chanel...

Taz
(08-05-2010, 10:38 AM)scarygirl67 Wrote: My housing situation, mainly. I'm concerned for my children, and it has really been distracting me not knowing what is going to happen. So I guess.....what is going to happen, and what steps do I need to take?

What's in store with my living situation? Please advise.

Hexagram 44 Tree Under Sky~Intrusions, A disturbing influence, (line 2 moving)
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____
__ __

The tree in the wind has the characteristic of being uncertain in it's direction. The yin line at the bottom of this hexagram has sexual (or gender) oriented connotations indicating a single woman.

Line 2 (moving) offers this advisement;
One fish remains, do not give it away.
You are under no obligation to give away what you have, when there is only enough for yourself. Take the neccessary steps to protect your assests. When all your eggs are in one basket, watch the basket very carefully.

(08-05-2010, 10:50 AM)geogirlforever Wrote: There's a trip (same trip) that i've planned twice but something has come up and made it not happen.

I want to make that trip and am planning it once again.... Why hasn't it happened and will it happen?

PM my answer, after i've read it you can put it on here without getting too personal.... i'd be ok with it. Thanks. geo.

Doing yours now Geo...sending in PM. You can decide if you wish to post the reading after you see the results.

Absolutely fascinating, LK! And that statement of one fish remaining...I don't know about you, but I am finding so much wisdom in that short little statement. That is something that is an issue with me as well.

Hi Lady K,

I would love to learn more about I Ching and to have a reading. I have sent you a PM.
Smile
I'd love a reading.... most specifically about career. If you need more info, let me know.

And thank you for offering to do them.
Firefly-Star Wars, if Han Solo had been the main character and he'd still shot Greedo first.