Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
TRUE PAGANISM
#21
(03-18-2009, 03:15 PM)CareTaker Wrote: I can hardly believe you even said that Big eyes Catholics are dominant so what they say goes and what they think is the way it is?????

Who cares about truth, those who control the majority of the people can change what the truth is.
lol its Ok we are used to it..I do agree with you CareTaker, but that is how it is ...


Cassie Butterfly
Reply
#22
Tongue Grin No thats not the way "it is" That's just the way it is perceived by the masses who have been duped

When it was taught by "the church" that the world was flat and those who said otherwise were persecuted and even killed the fact remained that the world was not flat. Those who were 'dominant' and 'in control' perceived it to be flat because that was what they were duped into believing but what they thought or believed had no bearing on the actual facts. Tongue Grin

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers
Reply
#23
I can't believe that was said either CT, but some think they are better than others and to me that absolutely sucks!!!

I wonder what God thinks of those who feel this way? that's why I abhore religion, I believe in God, but I do not belong to any church.
Right, i'm off now to find a soft porn site, so I can put another avatar pic up!




All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
Reply
#24
(03-18-2009, 04:02 PM)eyepriestess Wrote: I can't believe that was said either CT, but some think they are better than others and to me that absolutely sucks!!!

I wonder what God thinks of those who feel this way? that's why I abhore religion, I believe in God, but I do not belong to any church.
Right, i'm off now to find a porn site, so I can put another avatar up!
Good Idea eye that avatar sucks! I can recommend some very hot sites if you like? hehe

God Bless!

Cassie Butterfly

Eye ..don't hate me cause I am beautiful baby and try hard porn its better...some like it hotter!
Reply
#25
Great reply!!

(03-18-2009, 03:26 PM)CareTaker Wrote: Tongue Grin No thats not the way "it is" That's just the way it is perceived by the masses who have been duped

When it was taught by "the church" that the world was flat and those who said otherwise were persecuted and even killed the fact remained that the world was not flat. Those who were 'dominant' and 'in control' perceived it to be flat because that was what they were duped into believing but what they thought or believed had no bearing on the actual facts. Tongue Grin




All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
Reply
#26
='CareTaker' pid='4303' dateline='1237407979']
:
Quote:biggrin: No thats not the way "it is" That's just the way it is perceived by the masses who have been duped

But they are still the masses! and they still rule..hehe Big Grin

Quote:When it was taught by "the church" that the world was flat and those who said otherwise were persecuted and even killed the fact remained that the world was not flat.

Yes CareTaker you are so right, this was considered heresy and at that time many were killed that the Church thought to be heretics because of different views concerning God. even as little as 500 years ago, but times change and with knowledge comes understanding(for most people, Rolleyes although some are just swimming at the low end of the gene pool and never get it)

Even the Church's views today are in the masses of the popular and as much as many who would like to think not..it is the way of many a world leader to align with the Vatican..We are Catholics hear us Roar!...Sun


Quote:Those who were 'dominant' and 'in control' perceived it to be flat because that was what they were duped into believing but what they thought or believed had no bearing on the actual facts. Tongue Grin


Technology was to them then as an education is to some now, non existent..

God Bless

Cassie Butterfly
Reply
#27
Ok since the thread has turned from Paganism to Catholicism this is just my personal opinion that I have a right to state.........

I myself have sort of wished many times that I'd been raised Catholic. Every Catholic I've ever known has had the freedom to sin all week, drink, cuss, do whatever and go to mass on Sunday and say a few hail Mary's and be set for another week. I'm not saying that every Catholic is like that, but the ones I've known personally were.

I think that's pretty cool, I was raised in a religion that believed you had to be live right every day of the week. If you do sin you can ask for forgiveness, but you don't just do what you want all week and expect to go to heaven if you die in the middle of the week. I was also raised that you don't ask Mary for forgiveness, you repent and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart, like it plainly says in the Bible. It was Jesus that died for our sins, not Mary.

But, then on the other hand I have 2 "BOYS" so for their sakes, I'm glad I didn't raise them around any Catholic "fathers"! I know that was mean, but just goes to show that no religion is perfect!

See the above statements just made a very good point. Not all Catholic priests molest little boys - not all Pagans are satanists! Not all Catholic's believe you can say a few hail Mary's and be saved til the next week no matter how much you sin during the week - not all Pagans are satanists.

But, seriously just because someone is "high in power" that does not in any way make them right. Just like the Catholic Church, the government has brainwashed many people into believing that they have our best interests at heart and know what's best for us.

As far as why world leaders "align with the Vatican" that's simple. People in high power have always clung to people in high power, that doesn't make either of them right. The Pope has pull with millions of people, some world leaders have pull with millions of people, together they can reach more people and accomplish things whether they're right or wrong.

That's just the way it is, lawyers talk to lawyers, judges talk to judges, Donald Trump hangs with other rich and powerful people and on and on.

I might not sound like it, but I'm not knocking any religion, there's good and bad in all of them. We've all heard that religion and politics are the two things you just don't discuss. The reason is that people just don't agree on those two things. That's the great thing about it, each person has a right to believe how they want to.
Reply
#28
'Haunted' pid='4317' dateline='1237424037']
Quote:Ok since the thread has turned from Paganism to Catholicism this is just my personal opinion that I have a right to state.........

Of Course ...

Quote:I myself have sort of wished many times that I'd been raised Catholic. Every Catholic I've ever known has had the freedom to sin all week, drink, cuss, do whatever and go to mass on Sunday and say a few hail Mary's and be set for another week. I'm not saying that every Catholic is like that, but the ones I've known personally were
.

How true when someone is one the outside looking in it seems cool because of every reason listed, there is of course more as with any preference for religion..hehe but a few hail Marys just wont due, oh my no...there is confession [Image: AnvilEmote.gif]and a Catholics favorite control emotion ...Guilt! man they got this one down!!!


Quote:I think that's pretty cool, I was raised in a religion that believed you had to be live right every day of the week. If you do sin you can ask for forgiveness, but you don't just do what you want all week and expect to go to heaven if you die in the middle of the week.

Catholics dont either..



Quote:I was also raised that you don't ask Mary for forgiveness, you repent and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart, like it plainly says in the Bible. It was Jesus that died for our sins, not Mary.


This is misunderstood, the prayer to Mary is for intercession not to her..

Quote:But, then on the other hand I have 2 "BOYS" so for their sakes, I'm glad I didn't raise them around any Catholic "fathers"! I know that was mean, but just goes to show that no religion is perfect!

My dad was great and still is..

Quote:See the above statements just made a very good point. Not all Catholic priests molest little boys - not all Pagans are satanists! Not all Catholic's believe you can say a few hail Mary's and be saved til the next week no matter how much you sin during the week - not all Pagans are satanists.


Agreed..Butterfly


Quote:But, seriously just because someone is "high in power" that does not in any way make them right. Just like the Catholic Church, the government has brainwashed many people into believing that they have our best interests at heart and know what's best for us.

That can be said for every walk of human existence, Since the beginning of all mankind, Not just Catholics ..see we have great prejudice against us also
Just as" praying to Mary".."sinning all week" "just a Few hail Marys"...see the pattern?

Quote:As far as why world leaders "align with the Vatican" that's simple. People in high power have always clung to people in high power, that doesn't make either of them right. The Pope has pull with millions of people, some world leaders have pull with millions of people, together they can reach more people and accomplish things whether they're right or wrong.



Exactly ...but they have the power and for a reason..ALL Churches and countries need stable power to maintain the best for their people. And no matter what there will be disagreement on all levels but someone has to take lead and make the rules..and some have to follow, I follow my Church to the death.

Quote:That's just the way it is, lawyers talk to lawyers, judges talk to judges, Donald Trump hangs with other rich and powerful people and on and on.

Yes, and as you can even see this is prevalent behavior everywhere no matter at what level..the human will seek its own class, seek those of equal or more intelligence, social standing, moral values etc.
Quote:I might not sound like it, but I'm not knocking any religion, there's good and bad in all of them. We've all heard that religion and politics are the two things you just don't discuss. The reason is that people just don't agree on those two things. That's the great thing about it, each person has a right to believe how they want to.

Yes Haunted ...exactly

God Bless

Cassiel Butterfly
Reply
#29
Ooooookay...not sure how this went from paganism to catholicism....but the problem with society and humanity since it's conception is organized-religion...too many people follow religious man-made dogma. The christian bible and any other "holy" book was written by humans...and I'll bet that there was always some sort of politics, dirty ideas, and bloody mindedness playing a part in all of it. Spirituality is a whole other ball game. Being Pagan, at one time, was to be a 'rural' or 'country' sort of person, then the bloody-minded politicos of Rome founded the Catholic church and made pagans out to be evil ones that consorted with the church's concept of their devil. Now, being pagan means that most of us are usually vegetarians who try to follow a peaceful spiritual path that keeps in mind that all life should be respected. That the Source of all things is present throughout the universe/multiverse...and has many aspect and countless names. Magick is merely the creative life force that links all things. Love, and tolerance to other ideas and view points is encouraged. Spells are simply prayers. Most of us believe that we live on when the present body dies and go on to another life...or re-incarnate. Most pagans believe that all living entities, whatever the species, are immortal energy and will live on. Humans are really no different from any other animal on the planet. Everything has a soul...if a creature is self-aware, exhibits emotions, and can think and learn, then it has a soul. Your soul is the mind, will, and emotions. The spirit, or Id, is the essential you...the bit of you that drives the body around. Not all Pagans are Wiccans, but it's pretty much a safe bet that all Wiccans are Pagans. Whatever path anyone chooses to follow, just make sure that it feeds the spiritual you. Don't mistake man-made dogma for spirituality...the best that anyone can do is to keep to a few basic and simple common sense guidelines for getting through life. Only you can decide what those guidelines are and what path works for you. The Truth is an elusive beast...there are many truths...many ideas....many philosophies. A person must seek that path that suits them. ALWAYS be open to learning about other beliefs, view points, and ways of doing things. Find what rings true to your spirit and heart. That's the best advice I can give.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government...So, let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." Thomas Jefferson
Reply
#30
Hello witchywoman - thanks for a very thoughtful post!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)






About Talk Paranormal Forum

...

              Quick Links

              User Links

             ...

  • ...
  • ...
  • ...
  • ...