Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted places in NW Ohio or SE Michigan
Hey everyone i know it's been a very long time since i've been on here. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good places to visit in NW Ohio or SE Michigan that is haunted or has a good story behind it. Thanks
I live in SE MI. Have you been to the River Raisin Battlefield in Monroe? It's the site of one of largest engagements during the War of 1812. Of 934 Americans who fought here, only 33 escaped death or capture. I have visited there and felt a lot of energy. I have also read some area ghost hunters who have captured some paranormal activity.
(07-10-2010, 03:13 AM)amyberry Wrote: I live in SE MI. Have you been to the River Raisin Battlefield in Monroe? It's the site of one of largest engagements during the War of 1812. Of 934 Americans who fought here, only 33 escaped death or capture. I have visited there and felt a lot of energy. I have also read some area ghost hunters who have captured some paranormal activity.

Hey thanks for the reply..I can't say i have been there but i will have to take a trip up there and check it out...Doesn't sound to far from where i live..Thanks again
(07-11-2010, 01:04 PM)ChargerSRT09 Wrote:
(07-10-2010, 03:13 AM)amyberry Wrote: I live in SE MI. Have you been to the River Raisin Battlefield in Monroe? It's the site of one of largest engagements during the War of 1812. Of 934 Americans who fought here, only 33 escaped death or capture. I have visited there and felt a lot of energy. I have also read some area ghost hunters who have captured some paranormal activity.

Hey thanks for the reply..I can't say i have been there but i will have to take a trip up there and check it out...Doesn't sound to far from where i live..Thanks again

Please let me know if you visit there and pick up on anything!
(07-11-2010, 09:51 PM)amyberry Wrote:
(07-11-2010, 01:04 PM)ChargerSRT09 Wrote:

Please let me know if you visit there and pick up on anything!

I will do that for you...I think we are going to try to go out there this weekend
I will do that for you...I think we are going to try to go out there this weekend
[/quote]

I felt a lot near the blue cannon replica on the field and also in the visitors' center near the life sized soldier replicas. I picked up some orbs, but those don't prove anything. I hope you get something good.
There's also the Collingwood Arts Center in Toledo. Built in 1905, this is a massive building/compound, originally a convent for the Ursuline Order of the Sacred Heart, and later home of Mary Manse College and St. Ursula Academy. The administrators really play down the paranormal angle, but stuff happens nonetheless.
(07-13-2010, 03:54 PM)amyberry Wrote: I will do that for you...I think we are going to try to go out there this weekend

I felt a lot near the blue cannon replica on the field and also in the visitors' center near the life sized soldier replicas. I picked up some orbs, but those don't prove anything. I hope you get something good.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info...I hope we get something good as well but either way it will be worth checking it out
(07-13-2010, 10:09 PM)prairieson Wrote: There's also the Collingwood Arts Center in Toledo. Built in 1905, this is a massive building/compound, originally a convent for the Ursuline Order of the Sacred Heart, and later home of Mary Manse College and St. Ursula Academy. The administrators really play down the paranormal angle, but stuff happens nonetheless.

I have heard about it..I've been by it a few times..Have you ever been there?
Been there several times, to see shows, exhibitions, and visit with artist friends who live/work there. I've never seen anything peculiar myself, but have heard quite a few stories(shadows, apparitions, voices, and the like) and have a friend who did some paranormal documentary video work(still in post-production).
(07-13-2010, 11:01 PM)prairieson Wrote: Been there several times, to see shows, exhibitions, and visit with artist friends who live/work there. I've never seen anything peculiar myself, but have heard quite a few stories(shadows, apparitions, voices, and the like) and have a friend who did some paranormal documentary video work(still in post-production).

Sounds like something i need to go check out with my group...I was just seeing if they would look down on the fact that we were there for paranormal reasons...sometimes we have troubles getting into places for that reason..but sounds like a place i would like to check out sometime soon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World's 7 Most Horrifying Haunted Places Jocelyn R 1 993 02-09-2018, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TheresaHPIR
  Haunted Places in Los Angeles HorrorFan76 0 1,331 04-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: HorrorFan76
  Haunted Places in the UK EVP Recordings 6 5,311 05-19-2015, 10:19 AM
Last Post: GypsyLaneSpirits
  Haunted places/local legends in west Pennsylvania local24 3 2,808 10-23-2014, 10:25 AM
Last Post: local24
  Anyone know of haunted places in Montana or surrounding states? believer17 1 3,003 07-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Last Post: ChaosRose