Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your favourite crystal
I'm curious to know if you all have a particular crystal, gemstone, or even just a rock that really seems to resonate with you at any given time in your life. Is there one you're just particularly drawn to, or one you tend to buy a lot of jewelry made out of?

For me, I would have to say I am most drawn to smoky quartz. I don't own much of it at all, but the few small things I do own of it are my most cherished crystals. In second place for me I would have to say is amber (even though it's not technically a stone). I do have a lot of amber jewelry which I wear whenever I feel I can get away with it. (:
I am because I need to be.
For me I guess it would be Fire agate, then my Hemetite ball in pendant.
"It is not length of life, but depth of life." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dragon wizard <--BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.. it may not always be what you need..

Free your mind and the rest will follow....
Rose quartz has always been my favorite...I have a few pieces of it in jewelery, as well as some pieces I keep in my wallet.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

How do you go about finding the one connected to you? This could be interesting...
I don't really have a favorite... i have all kinds of stones etc.... i just wear what matches for the outfit...

I'm also with essence, how do u know which one is connected to you?

Maybe i'm just not reading the op's question correctly and i am not meaning this is a mean way whatsoever.
"I'm extraordinarily patient provided i get my way in the end." -Margaret Thatcher
"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." -Coco Chanel...

Taz
i love moonstones!
For me, my favourite way of going about finding a stone that resonates with me is to walk through a rock shop (which I suppose you have to be lucky enough to live around) and simply touching every type of rock I pass. Usually, one will seem to jump out at me or just feel right in my hand. Those are the ones that resonate well with me, and usually when I look up their new age properties (several good books on the subject I can recommend if anyone is interested) the descriptions often match part of who I am or what's important to me.

I guess I was mostly asking to see what stones other people felt this kind of attraction to. Even people who aren't into new age thought when it comes to gems and stones usually have a favourite stone they like in jewelry (my grandmother loves emeralds, for example).

Hopefully that makes sense. (: Sorry if I'm confusing anyone.
I am because I need to be.
No your not confusing me at all, just thought u meant something else....

I like all stones, gems etc. Like i've said i have different kinds..... BUT my all time favorite has got to be diamonds.... no questions asked... the bigger it is the better.... Smile
"I'm extraordinarily patient provided i get my way in the end." -Margaret Thatcher
"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." -Coco Chanel...

Taz
I'm with Geo on diamonds but alas, I own few. I have always loved turquoise and blue sapphires. I am literally drawn to turquoise not because it is my birthstone but because it is my stone if that makes sense.

Next would be topaz, rose quartz and lapis although there are many beautiful agates. I had a special onyx ring when I was a teen but somewhere along the way it has disappeared.

I've recently decided I need a quartz from Brazil or Mexico. I need to set aside a day to explore because it will have to feel right.
The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.

- Kahlil Gibran
i too love turquiose and have a couple of rings. i have a old lapiris ring with fools gold in it. the band is brass and turns my finger green. i think opal and fire topaz are the best. i have one opal ring with diamonds, but a prong broke so i haven't worn it for four years! we don't have a jewelry store here, too bad!