Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What paranormal shows are the best?
I recently did a thread on this section about Most Haunted - I love that show. I also ordered "A Haunting" from Amazon which I'm looking forward to seeing.

I just wanted to ask- what other paranormal shows are there out there?
I particularly wanted shows that have gone onto DVD as I want to purchase some online (and also because I live in the UK and don't get the TV channels that some of you have in the USA). I love ANYTHING dark, paranormal etc. I don't mind whether it's paranormal investigating or just true life accounts etc, anything as long as it's good!

Any recommendations?
Do you have sky tv? If so you should watch Lisa Williams - Life Among The Dead on DMAX, She's an english medium and clairvoyant, I think she's pretty believeable.

Also Ghost Intervention is interesting, also Ghost Hunters on Living.

There a channel on sky that's dedicated to the paranormal...not sure which one it is, they changed the name.

Apart from that i'm not sure of any more over here in the UK.

Stacey
"If at first you don't succeed...re-define success"

"It's not how many years of experience you have...it's how much experience are in the years."

"If in doubt...google!" - SweetyStacey

"Love will find a way..." - The Lion King 2

The UK has a whole CHANNEL dedicated to the paranormal???? **hurries plans to move to UK**......

Actually, my favorite show about the paranormal hasn't been on in YEARS...but I never missed it. Back in the late seventies/early eighties there was a show called "In Search Of" that I used to watch. It was hosted by Leonard Nimoy of Star Trek fame. (originally it was going to be "Twilight Zone's" Rod Serling, but he passed away before the show began.) It wasn't STRICTLY about the paranormal, as they often did a lot of historical episodes as well...but many of the episodes had to do with hauntings, mysteries, and UFO's. It's no longer on, but I would imagine the episodes can be found online at Youtube. I believe they have them out on DVD now as well.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

Lol yeah SG theres a paranormal channel, got an Arthur C Clarke Mysteries show, psychic shows, UFO shows, and documenteries about egypt and all that stuff.

Stacey
"If at first you don't succeed...re-define success"

"It's not how many years of experience you have...it's how much experience are in the years."

"If in doubt...google!" - SweetyStacey

"Love will find a way..." - The Lion King 2

I dont know which ones are the best, but I like Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, Ghost Adventures, Paranormal Cops and Destination Truth. I'll have to check out Most Haunted.
I just made it through all of Ghost Adventures. Those guys are buffoons (imo), but it's pretty entertaining. Plus, they do history on the places and I love that part of it. When they start doing investigations, they are just soooo over the top that I have a hard time taking them seriously. It is entertaining though.

You can find all the episodes on youtube. Type GA 1x01 and go from there.
I only really watch Ghost Hunters (not International or Academy). They're not perfect but i've met them a couple times and i trust them over any other tv investigation team. I also watch Destination Truth, but only because it can be funny at times.
(06-21-2010, 03:28 PM)howoldami Wrote: I just made it through all of Ghost Adventures. Those guys are buffoons (imo), but it's pretty entertaining.

I watched the Houghton Mansion one because I actually grew up in North Adams, Mass and I was familiar with the house they were investigating.

I agree, that it was mostly show for me.

They had some nice EVP's but the rest of it was like what happens when you put me, my brothers, and an endless supply of Red Bull in the same house all night.

The little "photograph" they took would never have impressed my team. I feel like they were matrixing a light flicker or a flash off of a vaporous anomoly (doesn't always have to be paranormal) and passing it off as evidence.

They didn't do any kind of debunking and the guy shouted during his EVP sessions.

Word to the wise: Just because they're dead doesn't mean they're deaf!

All in all I'd say the first three seasons of Ghost Hunters were the best in terms of paranormal shows.
I like Ghost Hunters at least you see and hear things.

I used to like most haunted but after a while I just thought it was just a big panto, always someone throwing a pebble and Yvette screaming like a banshee all the time. As for Derek Pakora well I'm not convinced.

I enjoyed the show with Mia Dolan on living last year when she investigated folks houses.

I haven't seen any other ghost investigation shows off late but try ghost hunters.
There was a commercial on the other day that spoke of a show called *Celebrity Ghost Stories* i believe that's the correct title i don't know if that's a new one or not
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Annoys You Most About Paranormal Tv Shows? New Mexico 12 15,193 12-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Last Post: CareTaker
  Paranormal, haunting shows suzee 8 9,080 01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Last Post: suzee