Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People who can predict Death.
Family members have told me stories of friends of theirs that have gifts to see the future and such, the family member in question has said that her friend has predicted deaths of people and other such things, She even said that my father had health problems and he should get checked out, he was very stubborn and he did not, years later he go cancer, he passed in 06. With that being said, I believe them 100%, Im the type that needs solid evidence but I really do believe them.

With that being said, is it me or is having a "gift" like that is terrible? It would be terrifying to know when your loved ones are going to die, I'd rather just not know to be honest, and if someone with this power would want to tell me about one of my family members passing I'd just rather not know to be honest.

But at the same time Ive always thought is there a bright side to this? Is everything truly set in stone? I mean whats the point of having a power like that but not being able to do anything about it? Just be terrified all the time and terrify others by telling them? What if this "gift" was meant to stop these things? To serve as warnings? IF the person in question sees one of their family members dying in a crash for instance, they can tell them not to go and avoid disaster. Thats a positive way to look at it, but is it really that simple? I mean is everything set in stone? Do you believe in a destiny?

Just a thought...
My family has warnings and Omens almost everytime before a loved one dies.
Hearing the Crying of a Bansidhe or having a Bird that will not go away. Milk spoiled, seeing shadow people, dreaming of that person.Seeing Dopple Gangers.Visions of an empty chair, saying the persons name aloud when you wasnt even thinking about the person at the time.
I believe these things that tell us or warn us about a death is not to tell the person it was about. but to prepare you for the mourning and pain.
Everyone dies. Its how we deal with it and prepare.
“Protected by Witchcraft"
[Image: 292o5rq.gif] Member of the Black Hat Society
(05-26-2010, 01:18 PM)mmamanx Wrote: Family members have told me stories of friends of theirs that have gifts to see the future and such, the family member in question has said that her friend has predicted deaths of people and other such things, She even said that my father had health problems and he should get checked out, he was very stubborn and he did not, years later he go cancer, he passed in 06. With that being said, I believe them 100%, Im the type that needs solid evidence but I really do believe them.

My condolences on your father's passing. Sometimes the only evidence is the experience. One can only hope it is validated by others presence or is able to be substantiated in other ways. I think we've probably all had things happen that we believe were and are real...but couldn't offer you a tangible truth you could wrap your arms around or a set of scientific tests that proved it. I do believe some things one just learns through time and experience to accept. It becomes our truth whether it is someone elses or not.

Quote:With that being said, is it me or is having a "gift" like that is terrible? It would be terrifying to know when your loved ones are going to die, I'd rather just not know to be honest, and if someone with this power would want to tell me about one of my family members passing I'd just rather not know to be honest.

I pose a question back to you. Would that be terribly different than living through a terminal illness that drug out for years?

Quote:But at the same time Ive always thought is there a bright side to this? Is everything truly set in stone? I mean whats the point of having a power like that but not being able to do anything about it? Just be terrified all the time and terrify others by telling them? What if this "gift" was meant to stop these things? To serve as warnings? IF the person in question sees one of their family members dying in a crash for instance, they can tell them not to go and avoid disaster. Thats a positive way to look at it, but is it really that simple?

Many people get visions or feelings of bad things that will happen such as the crash you use as an example. Many warn. I used an example of this in a post on here when I mentioned my mother getting those kinds of feelings. She couldn't tell one exactly what it was, but she knew at times that someone wasn't supposed to go somewhere because something bad was either going to happen and they'd be needed or they were going to be hurt. I "knew" the day my oldest daughter had her horrible accident that something bad was going to happen. Just an ominous feeling. I didn't what it was that was going to occur. I suppose I could have locked everyone in the house that day until the sun came up but that would have seemed a bit "chicken little the sky is falling" kind of thing.

Quote:I mean is everything set in stone? Do you believe in a destiny?

Just a thought...

I believe that destiny is nebulous. By that I mean, I don't know or feel that each of us has one specific path to walk. I think our destiny is determined by the forks in the road we choose. Just like in a tarot reading, the reader will tell you that there is nothing in the reading that you can't change. I don't think our Higher Power or God gave us free will and a mind to think and question, to say that we have no choice in our lives. Just as one who goes down a negative, perilous path may cry out "why me?" ummm..... "you chose that path! And these are the consequences". The flip side to that is I think we are destined to encounter certain people in our lives to learn or be taught something ... even perhaps to impart information one way or the other. If one were to accept reincarnation as fact (not saying I do, but I am open to the possible), then the reasoning behind that would be that there were lessons we did not learn in our prior lives that we needed to do... or perhaps there is someone in this life that we need to help or be helped by. Perhaps it's possible some people have a more finite destiny than others? I don't know.

Excellent questions ... your quest has many participants.
The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.

- Kahlil Gibran
I would like to add, that there are those who believe that we all posess a sixth sense, from birth to death. Most have not explored that possibility due to fear, religion or other reasons. We all have experienced this sixth sense at one time or another. A mother knowing when something happens to her child is a good example of that. Of course there are many other examples as well. People who were scheduled to get on a flight that crashed, chose to opt out of it at the last minuite due to a 'bad feeling', and so on.

I agree with 1txlady about our destiny's. I too believe that we are presented with people in our lives at different times for a reason. It's the choices we make that determine our path and character. As well as how we treat others as being a reflection on ones self.
"It is not length of life, but depth of life." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dragon wizard <--BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.. it may not always be what you need..

Free your mind and the rest will follow....
Destiny seem's very posible in some people's live's... Example look at your circle of friend's, sometime's don't you get a strange feeling that you were meant to meet them for some reason or another.

Time space continuum of some type, also could be posible considering it happens in nature as far as solar ray's being emitted for the sun and taking a certain length of time to reach us. They are there but we don't recieve them immediately.

Spiritually, a unseen force that effect's us in a positive or negative way.

But to your original thought of death, there may be a primal sense that has not as yet been developed in our being. That may one day be unlocked by some, that have elevated to that level of understanding.
These are just a few example' i think about. There are many more, much more profound and hard to grasp. Obtw *Welcome to the forum*
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”
― Edgar Allan Poe
hi to all.

This has been happening to me the last few months. It happens like this: i see faces and i know they have death. They only die a few days later. And i am not only talking for terminal diseases such as cancer. I am also talking about non expected situations such as heart attacks/accidents. The last few months-since November i have seen death on the face of 5 people.
And i am to see more. At first i took it as a coincidence, but it is not.

I believe that i gained this ability in November after i almost lost my life by a mistake in a hospital. It was such a horrifying experience-blood all over the room-everywhere, that in a way i believe i can now recognize death close to me. Okay i am a little scared sometimes. I always had this presentiment thing and always tell what is to happen. Another very weird thing is finding things. I will give you an example. When i hear of a crime at the News, they say it is suicide i say homicide and i explain why. The next days they say finally is homicide after all and i say, i told you. I hear something and i know the Truth-simple and clear-no matter hat others claim. I can see "intention". Who did it and why, if it was a homicide or a suicide, if the victim was just killed or killed for human organ trade.All this before the police-i have a friend who believes i should co operate with the police on crime cases (i am a writer). But now this is something new. My mom who is very religious thinks i am somekind of evil because i am an non religious person.

Ntina
My family also has a long history of precognition; however, here is more to it than just foretelling death. We are all able to sense a number of things including how a person, place or object "feels". In other words, does it feel happy and warm or foreboding, evil or frightening.

Regarding predicting death. I first noticed this when I was very young. I based it upon how people looked and I don't mean sickly or thin or anything related to someone who was ill. It can best be described as looking empty or lifeless and kind of faded.

Later in life, I had a couple of experiences in which touch was involved. When I touched the person, it was again, a feeling of emptiness like I was touching something that was barely there. It is hard to describe since it is a sensation. This happened twice and both times it was a noticeable difference to me that I was not expecting- like, what was that??

Other times, I will get an intrusive thought about someone I am looking at out of nowhere. Like once I watched someone walk away from me and thought, "this is going to be one of the last times I see him".

Most recently, I periodically visited someone who was in fact terminal so there was no prediction there. What did happen was that every time I was around him, there was this feeling of chaos and swirling around him. It felt like when you look up at clouds during a thunderstorm. It was not good at all, but also not evil or malevolent. Also, two nights before he died, I had many many dreams about him. It was like he was calling out for me to help him. In the last one, I started to but in the millisecond before I could answer him, he was gone and the dreams stopped very abruptly. I believe that is when his soul left and he died two days later.

On the other hand, I have seen people that are gravely ill but I know are going to be ok so it works both ways.

Lastly, my family worked more out of signs and omens. For example, birds figured prominently. Owls hooting and a bird flying into a window of your house were portents of impending death. Also, dreams were often used. The day my aunt died, my mother said she was terribly sad all day and crying. There was nothing that indicated my aunt was close to death at that time.

With respect to places, most of my biological family are intuitive. I have always been and now my kids are as well. My daughter often asks why some people seem to have this ability, but others do not. Who knows, genetic? I think it is like intelligence- some people just have more of it than others. I do need to balance this however. She is not at all intuitive about people and she is waaayyy too trusting. Her skill involves places. My son is both as am I. With respect to people, I am excellent at sensing what someone is really thinking despite what they are trying to express. I can tell if they are warm and good or if there is something about them that is sinister. Also, it is not all bad. I have been able to tell when good things will happen too, but that is more of a feeling of happiness.

So, with respect to predicting death, I believe the soul leaves the body before it actually passes so what we are sensing is actually the absence of the soul. I think animals sense it too which could account for the signs, or maybe there is some truth to psychopomps. Places and people have qualitative have energy, residual or otherwise.

BTW- I would never ever become a tv medium or someone who allegedly helps the police. For one thing, I am not 100% accurate. Secondly, I could not bear to be in a place where bad things had happened or around bad people. Anyone who does anything for monetary gain or fame is most likely a charlatan.
I would not like to be a medium as i like to switch off.I have been to see mediums and met them after the shows.And to me i can tell they are not switched off and that spirits are still coming through.I know i have the ability to be one but for now i will not take it any furthur.Also if someone dies always try to remember the good times and have happy thoughts and send them love and light as it will travel to them wherever they are.
Thanks for answering.

Hey nobody said anything about money.I am a very poor person by choice. If i wanted to make a fortune i would by reading cards to which i a am excellent, the only thing stopping me is that right afterwards i have a small accident with my hands.

I copy paste:
<<I am excellent at sensing what someone is really thinking despite what they are trying to express. I can tell if they are warm and good or if there is something about them that is sinister. Also, it is not all bad. I have been able to tell when good things will happen too, but that is more of a feeling of happiness>>

This is also my case. My mast director used to say, ntina, you have a most amazing perception on people and things.
I can not be fooled.When i first meet someone i know if he will be an important part of my life, -most important- if he is evil or bad, (i have a relative such and we all suffer from her, and her daughter is also such,-Sunday morning a friend came from athens to visit, circa 80 klm. After two hours of sipping coffee, all of a sudden and whithout controlling it i stood up and said i gotta go, i must, my parents are all alone and i feel bad. I returned like crazy. I had not even parked yet when a couple of meters from my parking place in the yard i saw the little child torturing the rooster.She had passed a heavy chain and the locker of the chain in its foot and the poor animal was hurling.I screamed and told her to liberate it immediately as i could not hear its desperate cries as it was carrying this heavy load.The bird so scared it was that poohed all over the place almost flying back to its nest).

When i was a child i had found this tiny newborn cat. It was hidden under a huge, huge fallen tree. I crawled and i got it, took it home and became my dearest pet. One day, i was at school. I was about 15.All of a sudden i felt really sick almost vomited and i had fever. I remember i was not feeling well.The teacher sent me home of course. On the way home, as i was crossing the road opposite from the house i saw it dying crushed by a car and it was weird because we had a huge garden and the cat never left the house. I am 42 now and my breath is cut as i remember the scene.

a couple of days ago i dreamt of a wedding and a funeral.A quarter later, i was still with the pyjamas the doorbel rang and a friend's daughter came i screaming of joy, ntina i am getting married, i came to drop the invitation. i know i told her, i just dreamed about a wedding. After she left i told my mom, now expect the funeral news. About an hour later we received a call that a far distant relative was very sick actually dying and my mom just stared.

another very embarrasing thing is my eyes. my mom she is very religious often says they are non human and that i am satanic. the fynny thing is i am a non religious person but respectful towards other religious people and i went into my room to cry. i can not believe i hear such things in 2015. if i left in medieval times i would definitively be burnt to fire. for heavens sake.

I do not know its name.Apparently i had a tendency which gre stronger after november's experience which was devastating.
I have never met one, and i do not want to, i know a woman who reads cards successfully but she is so money oriented, so cynical, i believe doing everything for money is not the right way to Be.
for the time being i use my psychology knowledge to help people progress with their lives.It is a finest comfort to help others.
That's called periodic and episodic high wavelength identification