Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shadow Creature Voice Manifestation?
05-07-2010, 01:31 AM
Shadow Creature Voice Manifestation?
Just a question to those that may know a bit more about shadow creatures/shadow people than what I do.

I was involved in a two-team investigation at EXPLOSION! A Museum of Naval Firepower (Portsmouth, UK) on April 30th and during the investigation the two teams both reported experiencing a lot of corner-of-the-eye phenomena and one of the members actually saw what can only be described as a shadow/hat man.

Whilst there, my team did experience a strange event - we believe we had a mini-conversation with an entity. The words were heard by 3 people (we were leaving a building at the time to regroup with the other team) and we have to say it was very bizzare - especially as something was thrown at my feet as I went to investigate the area the voice was coming from.

I can be 100% certain there were no other people in the area and that I wasn't imagining it (2 others, as I said heard it also). We heard a name called out earlier on in the investigation.

My question is, could this be a shadow creature (after witnessing a lot of their brand of activity) or could we have been dealing with something else?

Any thoughts on this would be fantastic. The report can be found on my website in the investigations section.

Thanks

Jason
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2010, 07:10 AM
RE: Shadow Creature Voice Manifestation?
While I am not an expert by any means, I have read a lot about shadow creatures and what they may be...but I have never heard of them speaking. If you have ruled out every other possibility (including audio matrixing from a non-descript sound), then it may have an unknown cause..but I doubt highly it would be any shadows that were seen.

That's just my opinion, based on the majority of accounts I've read...which have never included a shadow actually speaking to someone to the best of my recollection.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
05-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks Scarygirl67,

I can't seem to think what it is - I'm writing a "all angles covered report" and have covered the possibility of a supernatural source, but seems like it could be something else. I have looked into audio-matrixing, the chance it could be a person down there and the idea that it could be imagination. However, just find it harder to believe along those lines when 2 other people heard the voice as well.

I can't rule out a supernatural reason behind it, but as we were experiencing LOTS of unexplained shadows and other things attributed to shadow creatures, I just wondered if there was any known cases of a talking one.

Hopefully a bit more research on them may be needed on my part...they are fascinating things (although get some strange looks in the office when I talk about them...)
05-07-2010, 12:55 PM
First I would make sure there were no misperceptions, there are no official statistics but it is clear that most ghost cases, when properly investigated, turn out to be caused by misperception. It is obviously something that must be eliminated first, before anything can be claimed as paranormal. It is therefore important to understand it. Now corner of the eye shadows, this is a natural occurring fault with the human mind. First we look at people investigating paranormal in a dark place, this in itself causes peoples minds to expect to see something. Now did you capture any of these corner of the eye claims on camera or video or are they personal experiences?

Now the shadow man, during investigations I see more shadow men that are actually explainable. You have people with camera flashes going off, this can cause a shadow of a person in front of you. You can also see shadows from flashlights or outside sources. Sometimes objects when hit with a light can trick investigators. I once saw a camera flash hit a spray bottle, the shadow convinced the investigator it was a man in a cowboy hat. So always carefully check claimed evidence and if possible try and recreate it. Possibly later tonight I'll see if I can find some of these pictures.

So these are just a few natural possibilities.

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
05-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks UglyNRude,

Nothing caught on camera I am afraid...these things are as elusive as the reports suggest. In terms of recreating evidence, I make it standard that if anyone sees a shadow, that we try as many options there and then to recreate the effect. The guy in the other team that saw one was in a small team of three (similar to my team when we heard the voice). and they were all sat down in a row. One "appeared" in front of the person sat next to him. However, as I was not there I cannot be certain of the conditions of the sighting. I am actually a bit annoyed at the person who sighted it - he was in possession of the camera. But I think it spooked him so much he ran out. Which is a shame as if it wasn't down to a misconception, it might have provided a decent clip of evidence.

Due to the nature of the place, there were little or no wires and no motors. My main theory on "corner of the eye" is the resonating of the eyes due to a nearby motor rotating at a similar frequency to the saccading of the eye. However none could be found. Shadows were definitely seen moving (some in the central to mid-periphery of vision) and none could be recreated.

My only other natural possibility is I know a guy who studies solar weather and according to his studies, there was a huge solar storm on the night of the investigation (apparently the aurora was seen as far south as Bristol, UK...which I have never heard of). Now I guessed this may have affected the EMF of the area (no real fluctuations), but it may have caused other changes to the environment that may not have been detected on equipment, but may have affected our perceptions.

Of course, this all feels meaningless without proof and we couldn't use just experience as proof - but for own personal interest it would be nice to find out what we were going to find. I am currently writing a reflective report on looking at all possible explanations that Ghosts...and More as a team could think of. So any suggestions or comments, sceptical or otherwise, would be greatly appreciated.
05-18-2010, 10:24 PM
They can talk. I had one talk to me, laugh at me, and growl at me and a friend of mine. They can definitely talk.
06-02-2010, 06:59 PM
what about anysort of EVP...were you able to get any of the particular incident??
06-03-2010, 05:38 AM
(06-02-2010 06:59 PM)GRPS2010 Wrote:  what about anysort of EVP...were you able to get any of the particular incident??

Unfortunately not. As we were leaving, I made the rookie mistake of turning the recorder off. My teammate did put the recorder on towards the end of the event, but you can't really hear anything other than the rain.

We all still can remember it clearly and still shocked to have had a conversation with whatever it was.
03-11-2017, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 05:27 PM by Night11.)
If you have ruled out any changes of other stuff making the noises, Then yes it could easily be a shadow person. I've heard of many and have had the one that still is in this house, talk once but what he said I couldn't hear properly I only know that it was in english.. Because of this we have now tried ourselves talking to him lately, But he hasn't responded at all back yet.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant, To play without passion is inexcusable" ~ Ludvig van Beethoven
03-11-2017, 05:43 PM
(03-11-2017 05:26 PM)Night11 Wrote:  If you have ruled out any changes of other stuff making the noises, Then yes it could easily be a shadow person. I've heard of many and have had the one that still is in this house, talk once but what he said I couldn't hear properly I only know that it was in english.. Because of this we have now tried ourselves talking to him lately, But he hasn't responded at all back yet.

You may want to look at some of the dates of the posts you are responding to.

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Shadow-like creature/s in my house Logan3598 0 602 12-12-2016 10:13 PM
Last Post: Logan3598
  Shadow creature, ghost or other? Netr9 6 2,216 09-03-2016 12:46 PM
Last Post: Netr9
  Hooded Shadow Creature Gypsy67 1 1,391 07-25-2015 11:56 PM
Last Post: ChaosRose
  What is a shadow creature??? evilrico 10 4,607 09-10-2014 07:44 AM
Last Post: Dauvis