Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The creepy childs doll that aged. . . .
04-25-2010, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2010 02:50 PM by Queen Icess.)
The creepy childs doll that aged. . . .
Quote:It is the thing that Hollywood Horror films are made of. Even more particularly it is reminiscent of Oscar Wilde’s The picture of Dorian Gray.

An unnamed family, similar to any other average family, did what all families do as the children start to grow up. They had to decide that the outgrown toys, cluttering the kid’s rooms, should be got rid of or stored away. As usually happens, with many things that were cherished by the children, several of them were stored away in the attic. Amongst them was a doll. An ordinary baby-faced doll.

Run the clock forward eleven years.

Attics do not have an endless capacity for storage or perhaps the family had decided to move to a new home.

For whatever reason a “sort- out” was needed.

If your imagination is the director of this story then now is the time to pick your lighting and camera angle.

Because one can only imagine the horror on the face of the person, or the hairs sticking up on the back of the neck when they picked up that doll to find this:

[Image: doll-a_1.jpg]

The doll had aged and now had the face of a very old person. The skin was drawn back to an almost zombie like, or even mummified appearance. What makes it more unnerving to look at are the human qualities of it, particularly those eyes which appear to be staring straight at you.

What had caused this? Had, as the Express suggested “demonic forces set to work”?

Or was it like Dorian Gray’s portrait, and had withered and aged?

For whatever reason it had happened, the family were not keeping it and gave it away.

Jim Eaton, expert of the paranormal and author of Ghosts caught on film II, said “This is a picture of what the doll looked like before it was given away. We can only wonder at what condition it is in now.”

Apparently, after the family had given it away, the doll was later sold on for a considerable amount of money

As Jim Eaton said, what it looks like now we can only guess at.

What caused it, we can only speculate on.

Read more: http://socyberty.com/paranormal/the-myst...z0m8B7ONMZ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2010, 11:24 AM
RE: The creepy childs doll that aged. . . .
It really is very creepy. This is just my opinion, but I think that the doll was damaged due to the climate conditions in the attic. Depending on what the doll was made from, a stuffy attic with extreme temperatures of hot and cold can do a lot of damage if something isn't stored properly.

What is the creepiest part though is the eyes..they do look so real! Thanks for sharing this...it does remind me of The Picture of Dorian Gray.(love Oscar Wilde!)

"I believe that the truth is out there but that it is rarely obvious and almost never foolproof. What I want to believe based on emotions and what I should believe based on evidence do not always coincide. I’m a skeptic not because I do not want to believe, but because I want to know."
- Michael Shermer

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
04-25-2010, 11:27 AM
I thought something similar to you, Scarygirl, that perhaps the humidity of the attic may have contributed to the doll changing....it is very creepy though. I feel weird looking at its eyes!
04-25-2010, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2010 12:15 PM by chosen1.)
You both said the exact same thing I was going to say and that was the humidity of the attic was probable cause.
It could have been made from a biological material/substance, I think apple's (not 100% sure) and thing's like that was used to make certain dol's and toy's
Apart from that, the doll, or at least the pic that has been posted of it, is lifelike.
So much so it's like looking at a picture of a real person, and the eye's are even more so.
Even the neck has (what look's like) jugular veins.

It is freaky at the least.

It almost remind's me of shrunken head's that certain part's of the world/culture's have.

I also get the impression of pain or sorrow from the eye's, maybe it's just me.
04-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Dolls age fast in 11 years apparently =P

What was it made of? Leather? Wood, plastic? Apples, as C1 said?
There needs to be a before picture for comparison & more information on the doll. . .I wonder how much it sold for exactly~It'd be interesting to see it now. .
if, of course, its real. It might've just been a scam to get money out of some gullible person~
Becauuse. . why would an evil spirit want to possess the doll only to make it age? It wouldn't. By now, if it were going to do something to the family it would have. It wouldn't merely age the doll in the attic. lol.
I think possession is out of the question. . .
It has to be natural causes or manipulation/alteration of some sort Blueud

"To really ask is to open the door to the whirlwind. The answer may annihilate the question and the questioner."

"Big deal. Death always went with the territory."
-R.M.R
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-25-2010, 03:17 PM
That is creepy. I was wondering also what the dolls exterior was made of .

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”
― Edgar Allan Poe
04-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Maybe somebodys soul was trapped in there, like Chucky! LOL.
04-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Oh heavens....not Chucky!! I still cringe when I see dolls that look like that!

I have to say the more I look at that doll...the creepier it appears. I do think it was the temperatures in the attic that caused the damage..but those eyes are what really get to me. They look far too human.

"I believe that the truth is out there but that it is rarely obvious and almost never foolproof. What I want to believe based on emotions and what I should believe based on evidence do not always coincide. I’m a skeptic not because I do not want to believe, but because I want to know."
- Michael Shermer

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
04-26-2010, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2010 07:35 AM by Fiona.)
Yes, the eyes are what got to me when I looked at it. I've read before (and I am sure that this is fictional, who knows!) that when somebody loves an item enough, part of their soul, energy and life goes into it and is captured in the item....sort of like when somebody carries a necklace with them since they were a kid right through until they are an adult......That would explain why some items can be "read" by mediums/psychics....

That of course wouldn't explain why a doll that's not a living being can become a living being but it's what struck me when I read the article.
04-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Ugg.....I hate dolls LOL. Barbies and what not are ok but yeah, *shudders*

Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame.
(William Butler Yeats, "The Land of Heart's Desire," 1894)