Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Hat Man
04-09-2010, 09:03 PM
The Hat Man
Hi, I recently saw the hat man again , or I'm thinking that I am really tuning in to it again.(don't want to) I have always been able to pick up and sense things . It's kinda random , Most things I keep to myself, because in my experience it makes people uncomfortable. That's another post though.
The first time I saw the hat man I was 8 years old, about 1970. I lived with my parents and two sisters. I shared a room with my middle sister . It was late, I knew everyone was in bed and sleeping.
I feel this memory like it happened yesterday, and I think thinking about him will open up that part of me thats sensitive to that kind of
energy , it's scary.
the terror and just the sense of having been watched , the energy or vibe of badness , wrongness and or just a darkness. hard to convey the shock that I felt when I knew I wasn't dreaming.
I woke up and in the doorway I saw a man with a long black overcoat, kinda like one of the old western duster coats. He had on a fedora type hat with a large brim, I couldn't see his face clearly it was in shadow , but the nightlight from the bathroom lit him from behind. He crooked his right index finger, motioning me to him. I blinked, rubbed my eyes, and he was still there. It seemed like he was closer to me then , he was still backlit from the nightlight. I remember looking at him getting closer, closing my eyes and saying the our father prayer. When I opened my eyes again I didn't see him, but I knew and know he was still there.
The energy or feeling was still there and very strong. but I knew I shouldn't get out of bed or try to run across the hall, or else he would somehow get me, or so I thought at the time. I don't remember how long I sat there in my bed it seemed like a long time. I finally got up the courage to run to my parents room, don't think my feet touched the floor.
I woke my parents, The police came, the house was searched, neighbors all on alert.No signs of anything or anyone. Remember seeing my parents , thier friends, grandparents, in little groups huudled up talking, looking at me. I don't think anyone believed me, and they thought I might be incapacitated in some way.
It was close to five or six years before I would sleep alone in a room, much less by myself in a bed. Now all these years later I have had a few incidents recently that brought it home again. I would like to hear if you have experienced anything similar to this,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2010, 09:41 PM
RE: The Hat Man
what color was his eyes?

04-09-2010, 10:07 PM
That sounds scary. Very intimidating. The one I saw did not wear a hat. It was more of a cloak. It was not scary at all, but I was a lot older than you were when you say yours. Have you seen anything since the one time?

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
04-09-2010, 10:24 PM
(04-09-2010 09:41 PM)Dr.Teufel Geist Wrote:  what color was his eyes?

I couldn't see his eyes, just the feeling
04-09-2010, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2010 10:34 PM by Dr.Teufel Geist.)
The reason I ask, is that I have heard similiar stories, and most say he has Glowing Green eyes.
I believe the Hat Man and the Slender Man are one in the same.
here's a link that you may find interesting....

http://thehatmanproject.com/

04-09-2010, 10:45 PM
(04-09-2010 10:07 PM)Ali Wrote:  That sounds scary. Very intimidating. The one I saw did not wear a hat. It was more of a cloak. It was not scary at all, but I was a lot older than you were when you say yours. Have you seen anything since the one time?
A few times here and there over the years, more this year than antime. I really try hard to ignore it when I feel that, him, whatever it is , when it's around me or I think I caught a glimpse in the corner or passing behind me, the whole feeling of the air changes, like the humidity just went to 100%, my dog has felt it too. This is the first time I've talked about it with people besides my family, my family is skeptical and discount my feelings about this , (nice way of saying it) I like to think that to make up this negative part , I got the intuitive part of it also
04-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Does anyone know where and when the origin of this story took place?

Forgiveness is next to deity.
04-09-2010, 11:08 PM
(04-09-2010 10:59 PM)jeff Wrote:  Does anyone know where and when the origin of this story took place?

I never even knew thier was a name for him till about three years ago. I would like to know what seeing him means.
04-09-2010, 11:14 PM
I find Shadow Creatures fascinating since seeing one. I believe they can be many different things. There is a really in-depth thread on the different types.

We never felt threatened. I think ours was an apparition not fully materialized. Sounds like yours could be something different with the negative feelings you feel.

I understand what you are saying about your feelings being discounted. But, how can they understand if they have never experienced it? I do not speak of many paranormal occurrences with everyday people I know. Until they have experienced it, they will never get it!

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
04-09-2010, 11:19 PM
I did a google search for the origins of hat man, and this is what I found..

Sightings of shadow people have been reported all over the world. They are a recurring topic of the late-night talk radio show Coast-to-Coast AM. The former host of the show, Art Bell, seemingly resurrected the term "shadow people." The term appeared as early as September 21, 1953 as the title of a radio drama that was broadcast on Chicago's WGN-AM "Hall of Fantasy"* series. However, reports of beings fitting the description of shadow people have been recorded for centuries in literature. For example, in 1887, celebrated French author Guy de Maupassant pennned the story "Le Horla" ("The Horla") about shadowy beings who live on milk and water, bedevil human minds, and stalk the unwary.

Even though these creatures were never proven to exist, sightings appear to occur most often in Rhode Island and North Carolina in the United States of America.