Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Real Slender Man
So given this is the interwebs I'm guessing many have heard of a meme called the Slender Man from 4chan.

What I'm wondering is if anyone had actually seen him. The reason I ask is because my husband has, several times. The way he has described him is as a man in a black suit who is about 9 ft tall with unusually long and lanky limbs and very narrow torso. He says his eyes glow green but that they don't really "glow" in the sense that they create their own light and his face is usually in shadow. He first saw him as a child and has seen him recently, while driving past a cemetery.Hes 24 now.

I was wondering if anyone has seen him or knows anything baout him. Especially because lately my son keeps waking up at night and when we go to see whats going on hes never upset or crying he just says "oh eyes, oh eyes" over and over and points to a place and shrugs his shoulders like to say its not there anymore.

thanks for your help everyone.
This is just a creation and I think people see him because of perception. If one starts to create something and the story goes on to other people, you will soon start believing it and will start seeing it too. I just don't know how to explain it better in english Tongue (sorry my german is better)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perception
(04-01-2010, 04:47 AM)Tina Evelina Wrote: This is just a creation and I think people see him because of perception. If one starts to create something and the story goes on to other people, you will soon start believing it and will start seeing it too. I just don't know how to explain it better in english Tongue (sorry my german is better)

I understand what you're saying but given he saw it first when he was about 6 and that was long before the websites that "created" the myth ever started that just doesn't make sense.

Also, the slender man is just what we call him because of the resemblance to the meme. We don't know who or what he really is. Hence trying to get info.
He has many names....
(04-01-2010, 11:03 AM)Dr.Teufel Geist Wrote: He has many names....

lol! I'm sure he does, just like any entity depending on whose talking about them where they're from etc. I just want to know if anyone else had had an experience with him and what it was like, seeing as hes hanging around my family.
I've heard a lot about the "Hat Man"....supposed to be a tall shadow figure of a very tall man wearing a hat. I've seen shadows before, but not what you describe..I can certainly understand why you would want to know more about it.

I know that many believe these shadow creatures we see are manifestations of energy. There seems to be a negative feeling about them...although I don't assume every shadow is negative. I'm still learning a lot about them myself.

There is a section on the main page for shadow creatures...maybe if you read some of those experiences, something might sound familiar to you.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

(04-01-2010, 11:54 AM)scarygirl67 Wrote: I've heard a lot about the "Hat Man"....supposed to be a tall shadow figure of a very tall man wearing a hat. I've seen shadows before, but not what you describe..I can certainly understand why you would want to know more about it.

I know that many believe these shadow creatures we see are manifestations of energy. There seems to be a negative feeling about them...although I don't assume every shadow is negative. I'm still learning a lot about them myself.

There is a section on the main page for shadow creatures...maybe if you read some of those experiences, something might sound familiar to you.

That's really interesting about the "hat man", gives me something else to look into. He isn't a shadow though. I have actually never seen him. However the way my husband describes him its more like seeing a real person, not ethereal. The only things that are odd are his proportions and his eyes. No hat either apparently but that doesn't mean much I think, if I can take off a hat so could this guy.

Thank you!
I remember a sighting I read somewhere, about these teenage boys in New Jersey who saw this tall "man-like" being in a black suit and had glowing green eyes, but I cant remember where I read it.
For what I can remember, it was late and they were heading home, and they crossed under a bridge, and saw him.
He didnt give chase, just stood there watching them, and smiling.

Aaaagghhhh, I wish I could remember where I read that story.
I can't answer the question regarding whether this was a shadow man, but even if it wasn't, if what your husband is seeing is real and actually there before his eyes, then he is obviously seeing something or someone.

It's not always easy to identify what we see....some believe most of these things are hallucinations, whilst others believe it is a form of demon, or spirit or haunting, but if your husband has seen this being several times and your son seems to be seeing the same thing, then it sounds like a real phenomena is occuring in your home....

Whether it's a shadow man or not....the main thing to establish is A) That that this entity is real and present B) What it might want?

Does your husband seem to think it is trying to communicate anything? Does your son have anything else to say about what this being does or is he too young?
Has your husband considered using camera/video/EVP in order to capture this being?

Thanks for sharing. We'd love to know more Smile
My son is too little right now to tell us anything, hes only two and just really stringing together sentences. I don't think either myself or my husband considered any EVP stuff. We are so used to just either knowing whats going on or being able to communicate it didn't cross our minds but that is an excellent idea Id like to try.

I am sure that what my husband saw is real and around. As far as what my son has actually seen thats speculation as neither of us saw it. I talked to my husband about what he thinks this thing is coming around us for and he says he doesn't know. He says he does not feel threatened or anything malevolent, on the contrary actually. He describes it as feeling safe and knowing that the thing is there to protect him. My husband also sees these two large black wolf-like dogs with glowing red eyes, these are more like shadows and sees then when danger is coming, Ive only seen them once. Twice the dogs have appeared while he was driving and since he is familiar with them he slowed down, both times he narrowly avoided a dangerous accident once he would have hit a deer. Hes even had spirits come near him because THEY feel protected.

Last year we had a young lady who was following him around. He knew she was there but he cant talk to them. When he came home and she was there I talked to her. She explained she was afraid of something and that when she was around my husband she knew she was protected. We were able to help her move on (I believe to something like heaven if you believe in that sort of thing). The strange thing is that so much of what he sees or senses has to do with him being protected and I have no idea why. Not just that his experiences are very different from mine. I rarely, if ever, see anything but spirits. Like straight up used to be alive and now are dead people. He sees mostly things that are not human. Also he usually is fearful of the dead and not the non-human stuff where as I am the exact opposite. I also attribute my lack of fear of many things to a deep faith in God (despite being the most liberal christian person ever) and he is not religious at all.