Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Any ideas?
03-13-2010, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2010 05:07 PM by Seosamh.)
Any ideas?
Hi there,

I've just registered here so that I could share something that I noticed on a picture that I had recently taken whilst out with some work colleagues having a meal.

I only spotted this the following day after when I was browsing through the pics taken of the night before.

Location : Basement eating section in Luigi Malone's Restaurant, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland.
Date : Friday 12th February, at exactly 20:09.

[Image: luigim.jpg]

Taken using a Blackberry 8900.

I do not recall there being anyone else present but the subjects of my photo when I was taking the picture.

As default I am a skeptic when it comes to the likes of the paranormal, but this photo has opened my eyes up a little.

I also cropped the picture and adjusted the saturation levels to give me this :
[Image: luigimalonesbrighter.jpg]

Anyway would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Also please let me assure you that this has not been edited or anything in an attempt to deceive anyone...I just wanted to share it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2010, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2010 05:34 PM by Vulgaria.)
RE: Any ideas?
Definitely interesting.. Were you the photographer or is that you in the picture?

You say this photo wasn't edited in any way, are you 100% sure? I'm just making sure... There's a possibility that if you didn't take the picture, and you didn't get it right away someone might be playing a joke on you...

Like I said, I'm just trying to come up with ideas.
(03-13-2010 05:29 PM)Vulgaria Wrote:  Definitely interesting.. Were you the photographer or is that you in the picture?

You say this photo wasn't edited in any way, are you 100% sure? I'm just making sure... There's a possibility that if you didn't take the picture, and you didn't get it right away someone might be playing a joke on you...

I read back on it "I do not recall there being anyone else present but the subjects of my photo when I was taking the picture." meaning you were more than likely the photographer, so...

I don't know man. I've seen allot of photos that were completely unexplainable, and I really can't give an un-bias opinion on it. Photography really isn't my thing when it comes to the paranormal.

"Reality is a splintered mirror, reflecting back myriad of similar yet different reflections."
03-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Post the original picture so we can see the exif information and yes blackberrys do have exif. Then and only then can I comment on it. Don't resize it, rename it, post as it come off the phone.

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
03-13-2010, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2010 05:43 PM by Seosamh.)
(03-13-2010 05:29 PM)Vulgaria Wrote:  Definitely interesting.. Were you the photographer or is that you in the picture?

I read back on it "I do not recall there being anyone else present but the subjects of my photo when I was taking the picture." meaning you were more than likely the photographer, so...

I don't know man. I've seen allot of photos that were completely unexplainable, and I really can't give an un-bias opinion on it. Photography really isn't my thing when it comes to the paranormal.

Thanks for the response,

I know you don't know me, so obviously my word means nothing to you, but all I can give is my word.

Straight up, this is -completely- unedited.

And to confirm, yes I was the photographer.

Smile
(03-13-2010 05:37 PM)UglyNRude Wrote:  Post the original picture so we can see the exif information and yes blackberrys do have exif. Then and only then can I comment on it. Don't resize it, rename it, post as it come off the phone.

The original is on my Blackberries memory card which currently is in work, I'll post it for you first thing when I am in the office on monday morning.

I presume I still need to upload it onto imageshack similar to how I did with the embedded image here, or would you prefer I emailed it to you?

Let me know.
03-13-2010, 05:44 PM
(03-13-2010 05:39 PM)Seosamh Wrote:  Thanks for the response,

I know you don't know me, so obviously my word means nothing to you, but all I can give is my word.

Smile

I didn't say your word means nothing, but like UNR said, we can't really give any replies that aren't opinionated without the .exif, not tryin' to jab ya.

"Reality is a splintered mirror, reflecting back myriad of similar yet different reflections."
03-13-2010, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2010 06:05 PM by Seosamh.)
(03-13-2010 05:44 PM)Vulgaria Wrote:  

Smile

I didn't say your word means nothing, but like UNR said, we can't really give any replies that aren't opinionated without the .exif, not tryin' to jab ya.

No worries, didn't mean to sound defensive there Big Grin

I'll have the original for you monday!

Am looking forward to your thoughts on it.
(03-13-2010 05:51 PM)Seosamh Wrote:  
(03-13-2010 05:44 PM)Vulgaria Wrote:  

Smile

No worries, didn't mean to sound defensive there Big Grin

I'll have the original for you monday!

Am looking forward to your thoughts on it.

I should add something more, Since I spotted the image initially I did some brief research on the location and history of the restaurant itself...

Here is what I found :

First see the embedded picture below, this shows another view of where the picture was taken initially...the little yellow stickman being my work colleague, and the cross being the approx location of the figure in the picture....please note the large stone structure to the left :
[Image: overvieww.jpg]

Here's the picture from the below pdf, it shows exactly where I took the picture from:

[Image: overview2g.jpg]

Now check this out :

Source
03-13-2010, 06:09 PM
I looks like a woman with a dress on, and coat over it, looking back at something....as she was walking, it made her look a little blurry.. i really dont know, thats just what it looks like to me!!!!

Pride and Fear always distort the truth into either a false sense of security or a lack of confidence and diminished self-worth.

Angel WIngs
03-13-2010, 06:54 PM
I also should add without exif you could be using one of the phone apps to add ghosts to your pictures.

http://download.cnet.com/Ghost-Camera-Pr...38844.html

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
03-13-2010, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2010 07:46 PM by The Truth.)
It could be matrixing..if it is I think that it could go either way.. In any case I think that it is a cool photo whether or not it is paranormal.
Welcome to the site.Icontexto-emoticons-03-032x032
(03-13-2010 07:44 PM)The Truth Wrote:  It could be matrixing..if it is I think that it could go either way.. In any case I think that it is a cool photo whether or not it is paranormal.
Welcome to the site.Icontexto-emoticons-03-032x032
It also looks to me that there is a large face that makes up the woman's dress. In my very limited opinion, there are 2 images in the picture, to me that looks like very realistic matrixing(i.e. the woman..) but with the face at the bottom screams matrixing to me.

I just want answers.
03-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Here is the presented picture cleaned up. Now once I see an original i can give an honest opinion. From what i see here it looks like a paste job, look at the bottle how its distorted at the base of the image.
[Image: luigim3.jpg]