Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Padova City, Kamloops, British Columbia
11-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Padova City, also called Tranquille, is now an abandoned self sustaining "city" outside of Kamloops, British Columbia.

It was first a gold mining community. In 1905, the anti-tuberculosis society was looking for a location suitable for a provincial hospital. The citizens of Kamloops were upset about a sanatorium being so close to their community. Tranquille became a fully self sustaining community with no real contact to the "outside world". People went there to die.

In 1958 the sanatorium was closed and the site became a home for mentally handicapped people and those with metal illness. This was closed in 1984 due to cutbacks.

Now it is changing again. They are developing the land into a resort community. They plan to salvage what buildings they can to maintain some historical value.

It is one of the most challenging places that I know of here to infiltrate as it is private property and houses many security measures. It hasn't stopped people from going in however. There are some good pictures that people have posted.

I have a few friends who have gone to Padova City during the day and at night. A close friend's mom worked at the mental health facility there when it was still open, and said it's the worst place to be at night. Even during the day you aren't really comfortable. She reported hearing screams in empty wards, footsteps, and shuffling in empty beds. She said she felt as though she was being watched at all times, even when she was completely alone. Things would be moved from their proper spots on a constant basis. The patients were always restless and irritable unless they were outside the buildings. They reported seeing forms and shadows in their rooms and in the hallways. She quit after a short time of working there. She said her dreams there were the worst.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2009, 06:23 PM
RE: Padova City, Kamloops, British Columbia
Sounds really freaky.And fascinating!

I was in Kelowna for a bit and visited Kamloops, but never heard of this. Thanks!

Speaking of BC-would love to check out the Banff Springs Hotel

**Facta non verba**
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2009, 10:26 PM
No one really talks about it much. It's kind of like a black spot in an even darker time. The plague took it's toll on BC.

I've stayed in that hotel. It's beautiful and eerie. I love it. If you ever get the chance, check it out.
They fully deny that it's haunted though.
11-27-2009, 12:57 PM
here's something on the hotel in case you havent read it:

http://www.ghosthaunts.com/banff.html

Been to Banff many times-next time we'll stay at the Hotel for sure!

**Facta non verba**
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Thank you for the post! I am gonna get on the internet and check it out.

"It sounded like a bad fry, unimportant, with a bowl of rice." ~ Victor

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." ~ Billy, age 4
11-29-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm just wondering how any ghosts that may be there will react to the developing of the land...it seems that anything like that gets reports of paranormal activity jumping...don't think they like remodeling much!

"When you feel like a toad on the highway of life... and everyone seems like a steel-belted radial... when you're lyin' there squished in an assortment of bodily fluids... at least you left your mark." ~Arnie Dogan, "The Red Green Show"

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
11-29-2009, 11:35 PM
thank you for the post... i want to check it out... I wonder if when they open it up will there be any paranormal activity?

the cross roads
meet you at
[Image: Jose-2.gif] 1 sweet day
11-30-2009, 03:26 PM
I hate to be the one to rain down on this interesting thread, but I sense that you condone trespassing on what you yourself have stated to be private property. This is the #1 thing that gives ghost hunters a bad name with those who don't believe and I'm sure with those who do believe but don't spend time actively seeking out the paranormal. I would not advocate any attempts to visit this site, interesting though it may sound, until and unless it is open to the public. If the owners deny hauntings, then you should respect their beliefs.

What would you do if you knew nothing about me, yet I said that I'd protect you with my life, then died doing just that and later you discovered I was someone you would've hated had our paths crossed under different circumstances?

It's all just one big *facepalm* around here.

I heart Sandra Bullock.
12-09-2009, 02:32 AM
I never said I condoned anyone going into private property without permission. They take that upon themselves. I know that there have been a few "ghost hunters" who have posted pictures and information on the fact that they have infiltrated the property, because I have seen the posts. My friends have been on the property with permission as they are researchers in history as well as the paranormal field. I unfortunately have not gotten the chance to go with them, as I have to a few other places. As far as my respecting other peoples beliefs, I have not stated anything to the effect that I do not. I simply stated that the owners fully deny that it is haunted. I don't discriminate on people's beliefs because believe me, I know what it feels like to be on the other end of that. Sorry to rain down on what ideas you have of someone you do not know.
02-20-2010, 10:24 PM
(11-26-2009 12:23 PM)cvas2136 Wrote:  Padova City, also called Tranquille, is now an abandoned self sustaining "city" outside of Kamloops, British Columbia.

It was first a gold mining community. In 1905, the anti-tuberculosis society was looking for a location suitable for a provincial hospital. The citizens of Kamloops were upset about a sanatorium being so close to their community. Tranquille became a fully self sustaining community with no real contact to the "outside world". People went there to die.

In 1958 the sanatorium was closed and the site became a home for mentally handicapped people and those with metal illness. This was closed in 1984 due to cutbacks.

Now it is changing again. They are developing the land into a resort community. They plan to salvage what buildings they can to maintain some historical value.

It is one of the most challenging places that I know of here to infiltrate as it is private property and houses many security measures. It hasn't stopped people from going in however. There are some good pictures that people have posted.

I have a few friends who have gone to Padova City during the day and at night. A close friend's mom worked at the mental health facility there when it was still open, and said it's the worst place to be at night. Even during the day you aren't really comfortable. She reported hearing screams in empty wards, footsteps, and shuffling in empty beds. She said she felt as though she was being watched at all times, even when she was completely alone. Things would be moved from their proper spots on a constant basis. The patients were always restless and irritable unless they were outside the buildings. They reported seeing forms and shadows in their rooms and in the hallways. She quit after a short time of working there. She said her dreams there were the worst.

hey i acctually live in kamloops bc and have been there many times it is scary and we were taking pictures of the whole thing in one of the pictures my friends mom had cuts and bruses all over her but that was only in the picture and her daughter had a cut on her left cheek and also there was a figure of a hand that was holding onto her wrist...