Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Immortal Vampires, Reality or Myth?
01-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Immortal Vampires, Reality or Myth?
I've yet to see a reference to yet another sub-group of vampires, Immortal Vampires. Although it seems to fly in the face of modern scientific thought, do you think immortal vampires exist? And, more broadly, is immortality possible?
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Re: Immortal Vampires, Reality or Myth?
Hmmm, well I thought that immortality was a given with vampires. I mean that is just part of the whole vampire mythos, a vampire will live forever, unless of course it is killed by sunlight or a wooden stake or something like that. It all depends on what movie or what book or legend you are dealing with.

~ Questioning the answers is much more important than answering the questions ~

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey ~^*White face*^~ Did Giants Once Walk the Earth?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Even if a vampire could survive for only 125-200 years, it might gain the reputation of immortality.
01-29-2008, 07:13 PM
OldTimeRadio Wrote:Even if a vampire could survive for only 125-200 years, it might gain the reputation of immortality.

Yes, that does make sense as most of those who first knew or saw the creature would be long dead before the vampire was.
01-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Thank you, Chip.
02-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I believe in a lot of things, but I don't believe vampires exist. There are people out there that probably drink blood, but are they vampires? No. So, if I believe that vampires don't exists, then immortal vampires definitely don't.
02-09-2008, 04:57 AM
Is it possible that there is a "third stage of being" between life and death? Remember, the Central and Eastern Europeans had to invent a new word, "Undead," to describe the vampiric condition.

And let's also remember that the great vampire stories date from before the introduction of modern embalming, now an almost universal practice in North America and Europe. Formaldehyde in the veins is obviously as fatal to vampires as a stake through the heart.
02-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Interesting thought, OldTimeRadio. 3rd stage of being. Hmm. Reminds me of limbo - not in heaven, but not in hell.

Don't we get to that 3rd stage when we sleep? 'Cos I've heard that sleep is like a type of death.

I've also heard regular people being called vampires as they tend to sap other people's energy (i.e. friends who always take but don't give).
02-15-2008, 06:55 AM
elvislives Wrote:'Cos I've heard that sleep is like a type of death.

I've many time heard people refer to sleep as "a little slice of death," but I've never thought of it that way. To me it's like going to the movies! But no popcorn, alas.

Quote:I've also heard regular people being called vampires as they tend to sap other people's energy (i.e. friends who always take but don't give).

They're known as "psychic vampires."
02-16-2008, 05:46 PM
So that's what they're called. Psychic vampires. Why 'psychic' though? They're not necessarily 'psychic', though we're all psychic to some degree of course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Immortal vampires, are they real? UnknownCrystal 3 1,371 09-14-2016 07:34 PM
Last Post: jadewik