Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Talking Dog
I was reading the thread about what makes a demon, ghost or spirit, and it got me to thinking of beings you encounter in dreams. I still remember this as the most evil thing I've ever encountered, altho in describing it, it seems kind of comical. It was a small black dog curled up on the head of a faceless Shadowman like a hat. The Shadowman's face was so black, it was like no light could touch it. He didn't talk, just the dog did. I felt as if I was in danger of losing my soul being near this thing, but was too scared to move away from it. I can't remember what it said to me (nothing good, I'm sure), but I was saved by a female wolf who got between us and guided me away.

A friend told me that she also dreamed of an evil black talking dog, too, only hers was a German Shepherd and not sitting on anyone's head.

Has anyone else met this dog in their dreams (or anywhere else)?
I do know (black) dogs have great meaning in dreams, but this doesn't have to be a bad thing.
It may seem odd at first, but you have to understand that feeling is loose from intent. You may feel threatened whilst the other might have good intent. This also happens in dreams.
I'm not a pro-interpreter of dreams, but I know a few things.
The first thing you really NEED to know, is that a dream ALWAYS has many POSSIBLE meanings. And even when you got the meanings, you must also know that a dream may not lead to anything at all.
Dogs represent male-energy, this may have meaning in dreams. They are also companions, loyal and trust-worthy.
Another meaning, which is particularly bad, is that a black dog may also involve death. This may also come together with following: They can be guides, guides in death, for death, or just a guide to whatever. They can guide you into a new phase of your life. As Dogs can smell and hear very well, they can show you the way to something very specific. Something you seek.

Those are my two cents. I hope someone else can help you out better than I can.
Thanks Thundermane
I do like to interpret dreams, but to me, this wasn't a normal dream. I felt as if the dog-man was an entity that snuck into my dream to terrorize me. At the time I had that dream, I was stressed out and too afraid to go to sleep at night because I'd seen a couple of scary Shadow people in my room. I do think they had bad intent--even if it was just to scare the @*$! out of me. They oozed evil. One even scared my Chihuahau twice. I think if they were benign, they wouldn't be picking on an innocent dog. But anyway, all this was a couple of years ago and the problem is over.
This is amazing as I have recently become enthralled in black dog myths. I do believe this is a dream- and you have to interpret it as such- however, you touch on some very archetypal imagery in this dream. There are many variations on the black dog legend- most of them have a negative/evil connotation but not all of them- in fact there are 'protective' versions of this legend. The fact that both a black dog was being used by an entity that you felt was evil to talk to you and the fact that you were saved by another dog (wolf) is quite interesting. I can't find a very good summary page of these myths, but there's enough on Wikipedia if you keep clicking through the links to get an idea. Search "Black dog (ghost)" on Wikipedia as I cannot post the url here.
(02-01-2010, 08:13 PM)I recently had the most evil bizarre dream about a black dog.  He spoke with me kindly answering my many questions at first.  In the dream I felt a sense of intrigue that I was able to have a discussion with another entity who was saying things that my own imagination would never think of, it was like really speaking with someone.  After I asked him 5 questions or so, I don\t remember what they were but they were one after another, he then grew very hostile and started responding to me with in this evil way, it was the most horrible words said to me of hate, evil and darkness, like he got antisocial out of no where.  I kept talking to him and fumbled over my words because I couldn't come up with a reason for his lack of compassion.  Then that part of the dream dissipated and I found myself joining this group of people doing some sort of activity, I don't know if it was a cult or a spell, but it was some kid of witchcraft for the dog's sake.  I joined in thinking that I would get the dog to stop hating me.  I was in a circle with others stretching our hands toward the center doing something and that's where the dream ends for me. I am used to having very vivid dreams but they were never talking to such an evil entity with the worst intentions for me.  I guess I will see what happens.  Blue Horse Woman Wrote: I was reading the thread about what makes a demon, ghost or spirit, and it got me to thinking of beings you encounter in dreams. I still remember this as the most evil thing I've ever encountered, altho in describing it, it seems kind of comical. It was a small black dog  curled up on the head of a faceless Shadowman like a hat. The Shadowman's face was so black, it was like no light could touch it. He didn't talk, just the dog did. I felt as if I was in danger of losing my soul being near this thing, but was too scared to move away from it. I can't remember what it said to me (nothing good, I'm sure), but I was saved by a female wolf who got between us and guided me away.

A friend told me that she also dreamed of an evil black talking dog, too, only hers was a German Shepherd and not sitting on anyone's head.

Has anyone else met this dog in their dreams (or anywhere else)?