Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paranormal, haunting shows
I watch several of the paranormal shows. There other day I came across on the Travel channel a show that shows haunted businesses. One of the places is a candle shop that is in our area. I plan on going to make a stop there (i'm a candle nut) and I want to see how I feel in the place.

I told my friend about the show and asked her if she new the owners (she lives in that town) The look on her face was interesting. She said that the things going on there have to be true she knows the husband and nothing ever scares him. I'll let you know after I go on anything I may pick up.
love and miss you dad
If you had went in the place without knowing it supposedly haunted and felt something I thing that would be more reliable. The fact you watched a show and also talked to someone about it has planted a seed, its now in your subconscious so in a great deal of the people I have seen you will THINK you feel something even if you don't. The same goes for haunted tours, as a tour guide tells people in this area shortness of breath has been experienced its guaranteed some of the tour will think they experience this.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
It will be interesting to hear if you have any personal experiences there. UNR has a very good point though. With the idea already in your mind the hairs on the back of your neck will be standing up before you even walk in the door. Would still like to hear about your experience there though. Good Luck and have fun with it.
(01-03-2010, 09:16 AM)suzee Wrote: I watch several of the paranormal shows. There other day I came across on the Travel channel a show that shows haunted businesses. One of the places is a candle shop that is in our area. I plan on going to make a stop there (i'm a candle nut) and I want to see how I feel in the place.

I told my friend about the show and asked her if she new the owners (she lives in that town) The look on her face was interesting. She said that the things going on there have to be true she knows the husband and nothing ever scares him. I'll let you know after I go on anything I may pick up.

I saw the same episode. If I had a place like that in my area I would absolutely check it out. It'll be interesting to hear if you pick up any weird vibes. However,like UNR stated the seed of suggestion has been planted. So you are going to have to take a second look at anything you do see or hear.
(01-03-2010, 10:56 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: If you had went in the place without knowing it supposedly haunted and felt something I thing that would be more reliable. The fact you watched a show and also talked to someone about it has planted a seed, its now in your subconscious so in a great deal of the people I have seen you will THINK you feel something even if you don't. The same goes for haunted tours, as a tour guide tells people in this area shortness of breath has been experienced its guaranteed some of the tour will think they experience this.

I understand what you mean. I have been to a few places and felt things and saw things. But this will be the first time that I know what people are saying and going. I just want to go for myself and get a sense of the place. Alot of the times people go to places knowing that people say they exp thngs and the person who goes to check it out gets nothing. I believe that if you have a gift and the other side wants to communicate with you they will, there are times were you don't get any feelings at all. It is really up to the spirits on wheither they come threw or not. JMO, I could be wrong.
love and miss you dad
I agree with Ugly & Rude about prior info possibly influencing your
experiences . But it's hard in this information age to not know anything in advance.
When you visit - try to put what you've heard out of your mind &
go in with a clean view of what you may encounter if you can.
Let us know what You felt. Not what others may have told you They felt.
The only wrong questions - are those that go unasked
(01-03-2010, 06:03 PM)lightkeeper Wrote: I agree with Ugly & Rude about prior info possibly influencing your
experiences . But it's hard in this information age to not know anything in advance.
When you visit - try to put what you've heard out of your mind &
go in with a clean view of what you may encounter if you can.
Let us know what You felt. Not what others may have told you They felt.

I will be able to put the things I've heard out of my mind since this is a candle shop and I love going into them to see all the different things. lol. I will let everyone know if I get any feelings from the place. I hope to be able to visit the place within the next 2 weeks weather permitting here.
love and miss you dad
I love specialty shops of any kind...and I am a big fan of candles! Let us know what you find out...maybe take some pics if you can. Not necessarily to see if they pick up anything paranormal...just to share.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

(01-04-2010, 10:30 AM)scarygirl67 Wrote: I love specialty shops of any kind...and I am a big fan of candles! Let us know what you find out...maybe take some pics if you can. Not necessarily to see if they pick up anything paranormal...just to share.

I didn't even think about taking any pictures. Great idea. I will let you know when I go how things go. Both ways shopping and checking things out. I have a friend who also wants to go. So I know I will enjoy the adventure.Owl Eyes
love and miss you dad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Annoys You Most About Paranormal Tv Shows? New Mexico 12 15,193 12-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Last Post: CareTaker
  What paranormal shows are the best? Fiona 11 14,110 06-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Last Post: 1TxLady