Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nazca Lines
Has anyone heard of these things?
or the crystal skulls?
I have heard and seen photographs of thhe various Nasca Lines, in the shape of various animals, a spider for example, and lines laid out that some authors look like "landing strips"for someone or something. The photos are worth looking up on the internet and are quite interesting with accompanying dialogue.Oh, forgot to mention, all the lines and signs and symbols are visible from the air.
The nazca lines are interesting, though I think a bit misperceived.

The notion that the lined have to be viewed from the sky is actually not true. There are elevated positions not too distant from the lines that would have given the ancient people a good view of the lines.

I'm not saying that there is no possible connection to the lines and possible ancient extraterrestrial contact, I'm merely saying that this contact is not necessary to explain the existence of the lines.
(12-27-2009, 01:55 PM)morrison1219 Wrote: Has anyone heard of these things?
or the crystal skulls?

you might want to have a read of this article about the Nazca Lines
Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around
Morrison1219 is my son. We bought the book The Chariots of the Gods this weekend. He saw something on TV about the Nazca lines and his interest went haywire. He has already made his own little book about these lines and related subjects... over one weekend! He said he is willing to give up music to study this stuff and become a Historian.
I told him to get on here and start a thread so he could discuss these with you guys. You can't tell by his post, but his knowledge on these in such a short time is amazing. I will try to have him get back on here...
He came here to work with me one day and spent 8 hours on the computer researching.
"It sounded like a bad fry, unimportant, with a bowl of rice." ~ Victor

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." ~ Billy, age 4

Thanks for stealing my thunder there mom, but yeah i saw a show called Ancient Aliens on History and these lines and drawings are amazing!!! Obviously they were made to be viewed from the sky right? The size and perfect angles are what impresses me most. And just all over the world are fascinating drawings of "gods" with helmets on and "control panel type things" on there chest. And an Indian text dated 5000 years ago telling how "vimanas" which means "sky transport" came there with a ruler (dont remember his name) but he "drove" something with the motion similar to a butterfly and that was made of metal. Everywhere in this text or book, vimanas would fly everywhere and "blast" each other destroying cities. There is so much evidence to support these theories. But what kind of makes me mad is when people start flipping out over these QUESTIONS and THEORIES and just simple IDEAS. Its nothing more than our imagine trying to figure out the possibilities of the history of our world... Smile
Jake, you are amazing. Sorry to steal your thunder... Wink
"It sounded like a bad fry, unimportant, with a bowl of rice." ~ Victor

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." ~ Billy, age 4

(01-03-2010, 04:53 PM)morrison1219 Wrote: Obviously they were made to be viewed from the sky right? The size and perfect angles are what impresses me most. And just all over the world are fascinating drawings of "gods" with helmets on and "control panel type things" on there chest. And an Indian text dated 5000 years ago telling how "vimanas" which means "sky transport" came there with a ruler (dont remember his name) but he "drove" something with the motion similar to a butterfly and that was made of metal.

Keep in mind that a lot of the problems interpreting ancient stories and drawings in the modern day is that so many of the people doing UFO research aren't actually well versed in the cultures they're pointing to for evidence of ancient UFO's. Now, I'm not an archaeologist nor an expert on the mayans, aztecs, toltecs, etc. so I can't explain the enigmatic drawings, however i do recall in one of my archaeology classes in college the professor mentioning a lot of the Erich Von Daniken evidence came from fundamental misunderstandings of the ancient cultures he's talking about. We read "The sky" and we interpret it literally, but in most native american and mesoamerican cultures "sky" was equivalent to "heaven".

I'd say if you really ant to keep researching the concept of ancient contact with UFO's you really should first do a lot of reading on the cultures from well regarded archaeologists and anthropologists. That will give you a proper context to interpret a lot of the "evidence".

Remember, the worst thing paranormal believers can do is get half a story and make a conclusion. It'll let the doubters shoot them down every time.
I have read Chariots of the Gods, and it is a very well known and influencial book. It's theories are often outlandish, but interesting none the less.

The scpetic view of Nazca is usually based on "how" the lines were created ... the link above to an article on the Skeptic's dictionary does the same. The issue for many is not "how" the lines were made, but "why". Sceptics have yet to come up with a satisfactory explaination for this.

Alien runways? Perhaps, far out, but perhaps.

Dedications to "gods" who live in the sky? Maybe.

There are alot of things about ancient cultures that point to some kind of knowledge about, or contact with, beings from the sky. The Christian bible is full of references to things that live in the sky (or "heavens") or came down from the sky to interact with humans, like angels and of course, God.

There are many cave drawings, Sumerian drawing, Aztec/Maya/Inca drawings that seem to represent beings from the sky.

Another point of interest that comes from the Chariots of the gods is the Piri Reis map - it depicts almost exactly the outline of the continents and was drawn in 1513 apparently. Especially weird is the fact that it contains a map of Antarctica whihc some say could only have been achieved by some arial exploration, not only that but it maps the landmass of Antarctica that currently lies under ice, which modern maps did not discover until the 20th century. Estimates say the last time thge landmass was exposed was before the last ice-age. Weird, huh? Icontexto-emoticons-01-032x032

Hey Jake ... you keep doing what you are doing pal! But, two things ...

1) NEVER believe a TV show - use it as a refercne point and then add your own research. A huge amount of "history" channel etc. shows are extremely biased. In order to get TV broadcast they must remain within acceptable limits. Your own research will enrich any subject.

2) DO NOT, under any circumstances, give up on music!! Music, and musicality, enhances the brain's cognative ability, making you smarter. And cool.

Icontexto-emoticons-06-032x032
drblow, that's really nice of u, thank you for your kind words. I enjoy reading your posts.

Jake, i also find 'nazca lines' interesting, please do keep updating this thread, that be great.
"I'm extraordinarily patient provided i get my way in the end." -Margaret Thatcher
"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." -Coco Chanel...

Taz

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the nazca mystery parasearch 4 13,362 11-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Last Post: ssjm3