Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Ghost Adventures Voice Box ???
12-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Ghost Adventures Voice Box ???
seriously???
this is quite crazy, these guys are always coming up with something.
it plays static noise/white noise, and the "Ghosts" are supposed to be able to speak thru it.

If a "Ghost" can muster up enuff energy to hit someone or move a large object, then they should be able to talk loud for ya to hear, instead of using a "Ghost" voice box.

What do you guys think??

This reminds me of the other "Ghost" talk tool with the glasses, where ever you looked, the voice would say a one word response.
Cant remember what show used it tho.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2009, 10:40 PM
RE: Ghost Adventures Voice Box ???
I never watch Ghost Adventures anymore...it just got too cheesy for me after a while. So I haven't heard of this. It does sound like another tool to make the show look better.

"When you feel like a toad on the highway of life... and everyone seems like a steel-belted radial... when you're lyin' there squished in an assortment of bodily fluids... at least you left your mark." ~Arnie Dogan, "The Red Green Show"

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
12-05-2009, 10:47 PM
I watch for the comedy of it, same reason I used to watch Most Haunted, those Brits are so funny Tongue

12-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Lots of variations on the ghost box, also known as a franks box, and a cheaper radio shack hack. Now since the release lots of people have rushed out to buy or make one. Some of these people claim to get responses. They claim it takes time for your mind to be able to pick out words over the top of the white noise, radio voices being played. Now here is what I see wrong with this. Most only build it part way. They have the scanning radio part. It was originally designed to be used with a white noise generator also. Most people skipped this. I will also add most people have labeled them as garbage.
http://www.angelsghosts.com/ghost_box_videos

Now here is the problem with these. Some people have labeled them the phone to the dead. They charge people hundreds of dollars to speak with dead loved ones. They prey on the grieving. Well they claim to be the only ones to understand the messages coming through the noise.

When investigating paranormal don't rely on assumptions, base your decisions on facts.
12-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi, I'm new.

I just wanted to chime in on a couple of points

1) The notion of using white noise to allow spirits to speak is nothing new. It's, in fact, one of the original "tenants" EVP that dates back to Raudive. The belief seems to be that since spirits manipulate energy in order to manifest and/or move objects, they need some form of energy in order to manifest sound. One of the long held beliefs in EVP was that spirits used the internal sound of the recorder to put their sound on the tape/digital file.

So thusly it's possible for a spirit to make a disembodied voice, but if the theory of energy manipulation is correct, it would be much harder without the "noise" for the spirit to manipulate.

2) One of the big problems with Franks Box/ Ghost Box is that people aren't fully aware how to use it, or how it should even run. Firstly, asking a simple question and getting a one word answer is garbage. Anything that scans radio frequency is going to pick up random pieces of sound. You're bound to get a number or a single word. Similarly, I've seen people use these boxes when they are set to do a linear sweep. Unless I'm mistaken that was never the original set up of the box. It was supposed to do a random sweep of the signals which would (seemingly) eliminate the notion you could pick up on any solid piece of signal for too long.

Granted this still doesn't eliminate the notion you could get frequency pollution from a CB or other broadcasting device. Meaning nothing you get is ever "unexplainable" because you can't eliminate those sources or potential explanation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Thank you so much for those points Browncoat...and welcome to the forum!

"When you feel like a toad on the highway of life... and everyone seems like a steel-belted radial... when you're lyin' there squished in an assortment of bodily fluids... at least you left your mark." ~Arnie Dogan, "The Red Green Show"

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
12-09-2009, 09:46 AM
it's fake anyways, I'm just wandering what these poor saps will think of next,to use on their show Big Grin

12-09-2009, 11:30 AM
(12-09-2009 09:46 AM)Dr.Teufel Geist Wrote:  it's fake anyways, I'm just wandering what these poor saps will think of next,to use on their show Big Grin

Well the fakeness of Franks Box/Ghost Box is really a question I can't begin to answer because it's got a lot of variables that only the people on site can account for.

I do think that Ghost Adventures at the very least is too accepting of random things as evidence. They tend to have absolute faith in every new gadget they try and it seems a bit silly most of the time. Honestly, I was a bit shocked when they seemed to admit the "Parabox" guy threw his own EMF detector during the Halloween show.
01-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Man, those people on Ghost Adventures. . . I shake my head in embarrassment sometimes with that show. I actually caught an ep where they were using it and, while intriguing, just seems a little crazy.

-AP3-
"Get spooked." Ghost
03-26-2010, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2010 11:41 PM by PontiacTempest.)
i like this show, well i like to make fun of them lol. every season "zakk baggans" and his muscles get bigger and bigger or his shirts get smaller and smaller, i guess he heard baby gap was having a sale and stocked up. my favorite one was poveglia lol.

but anyway i dont see how the box can prove anything. also the ghost glasses that sounds like a speak and spell was also on this show

Evilgrin bat