Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My sleep paralysis experience
I had a sleep paralysis experience only once...

I was staying the night over a boyfriends house, he had gotten up and gone to work, and I was still in bed. It was some time early moring, but I am almost sure that it was light outside at the time. Anyway, I was lying in bed when I saw some one enter the room and go into the closet. The figure was dark and very tall. I remember thinking they shouldn't be there but I couldn't move or yell. I couldn't even turn my head to look at them. I kept trying to scream and scream "Get out of here" but my body just wouldn't move. My body was heavy, I had no breath in my mouth, I couldn't speak, I was pannicking... I guess my pannick was enough to break the cycle though because not long later I shot up in bed and screamed "GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of my voice, but no body was there...

At the time is was pretty freaky as nothing like that ever happened to me before or agian for that matter.

I remember reading up on what happened to me, I was curious as to what happened to my body. It was probably one of th weirdest scariest things I have had happen to me.
Sleep paralysis is pretty amazing how real it seems to be. People that haven't experienced it can't imagine.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
I only had it happen once myself...I didn't see anything, but it was the most awful feeling...I was scared for that minute or two...it felt like longer, but in actuality, I don't think it was very long....I really thought I was going to die. I couldn't move or scream or anything. I'm glad it hasn't happened again.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

Sleep paralysis is actually one of the few paranormal experiences which happens to me not too rarely. I remember my first experience, I couldn't move, I could only hear many familiar voices (they sounded evil). The worst time was when some alien like beings was heading towards my bed. The only words I tried to get out was "I'm afraid..."
Haki
I have never ever experienced something like that, and I don't think I wish I would. Isn't this an illness or so? Or it's just something that may happen to everone.
o the reason i hate sleeping sometimesIcontexto-emoticons-03-032x032

i always have this happen. scares the out of me lol.

one time i was asleep and i had a dream i was walking down the stairs of my house then at the bottom of the stairs i saw a black figure and i heard voices that sounded really unhuman. i walked back up the stairs and went to my bed. i felt like i woke up but couldnt move or yell.i felt like i had no mouth lol.the black figure was getting closer then i woke up i guess

it happens a lot and ive tought my self to not struggle, relax and not be scared. i usually get out of it or everything just goes away and go back to "sleep"
Evilgrin bat
I recently had my first sleep paralysis. I did not see anything or have a paranormal experience, but it was scary. I never understood what it felt like until it happened to me. Luckily I fell back to sleep and woke up fine. I hope it does not happen again.
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
yea you really cant understand it until you experience it yourself
Evilgrin bat
Hi again... unfortunately I can relate to almost everything you guys talk about. I guess I will just talk about some of them. Thanks to you all for listening. I will try to keep it brief. I have been over run by supernatural experiences in the last year. I have had sleep Paralysis about three times. one time I was in astral projection type thing sexual experience with something I could not see but i could feel, my back was to him or it, I remember when it ran it's fingers through my hair it felt amazing, I could see my self and wanted to wake up, I maid my self just move one arm and woke up and I was in the same place I feel asleep in. Last time sexual experience happened twice and it was just about a week ago. I could see my hand straining to break the hold, being held down, I could hear a voice talking to me telling me things, like you belong to me now. Always a strong bad smell all the time. My family smells it sometimes. and my little girl saw something standing looking at her with a white blank face blake body. Dogs always act funny.

"Be who you are, and say what you want
Because those that matter, don't mind
And those that mind, don't matter"

~Dr Suess~
I guess I can say I have now had two sleep paralysis experience. One just very recently. It is not something that I have ever wanted to experience agian. We do not always get what we want. Funnily enough, it has happened since inviting a lodger into our home which I have now concluded is most likey possessed by a bad spirit. You can read my experience of that on the ghost stories board. Anyway, this time it was very similar to the last, except I am not sure I saw anything but definitley heard something. Something speaking, talking.... I had this urgency to wake up thinking something was coming and not just for me but for my family. I remember trying to raise my left arm, focusing on just moving a little bit to get myself going/moving but my arm was a dead weight with just so much pressure on it. I then remember concentrating on making a noise, something that might wake my husband so he could protect himself it anything happened. I finally got to a point where I shot up in bed and screamed at the top of my lungs... except there was nothing there, and everybody in the house was sound sleep.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep Paralysis Explained TheGuy 3 1,561 03-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Vultyrex
  Don't believe this was sleep paralysis and need feedback MuZach87 4 2,751 12-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Last Post: CareTaker
  Not sure if it was sleep paralysis but Somethingorother 11 5,317 10-19-2017, 02:46 AM
Last Post: rudidur
  Have You Ever Exerienced Sleep Paralysis? Biggun 101 108,888 07-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Ghostly Lady
  Sleep Paralysis - Green Mist chopin 3 17,706 01-19-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: anim8or