Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Real Vampires
04-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Real Vampires
I think real Vampires can be considered people who love the taste of blood. Many cultures have involved blood in their dishes. I know that certain asian cultures will eat/drink pig's blood and duck blood, alone. I also know that certain african cultures depend on cow's blood to survive.

I don't believe that a corpse can raise to life and go on trying to suck the life out of others. I feel that was a tale taken out of context.

Vlad the impaler started this entire fear of vampires. The idea of the fangs came from the fact that he would impale his victims and drink their blood from a skull. The fangs were added to make Vlad seem like more of a beast. Later when Vlad was imprisoned he impaled rats on sharpened sticks and bones and would drink their blood in front of the guards. He had an army and I do believe he forced people into and they could do nothing to overcome his power, explaining the one bite and you'll become one.

It's like one big propaganda story gone overboard >.>
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Re: Real Vampires
very intresting. that narrows it down. thanks
05-20-2008, 04:43 AM
Awesome to know, although I think you are right, i still have so many questions. A friend of mine is well he calls himself a Night walker, they have a society (NASARATU, hope I spelt it right) if you'd call it that and it is extremely organised and well not full of garbage in other words, but I reakon what you have said is spot on, its still very entertaining though.
05-21-2008, 11:04 AM
i think being a real vampire would be cool 8-)

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. Terry Pratchett
Find all posts by this user
05-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Charizardftw Wrote:i think being a real vampire would be cool 8-)
I say this because of the immortality part. :twisted:

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. Terry Pratchett
05-21-2008, 11:05 AM
blodd sucking is the only bad part

05-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Is it true vamps have hightened senses and abilities than humans?

10-15-2008, 10:17 PM
have you heard of a sanquinarian? look it up on google its pretty interesting.
10-16-2008, 05:50 AM
Rob Wrote:have you heard of a sanquinarian? look it up on google its pretty interesting.
Sorry to rain on your parade but I had a hard time looking for it until I clicked the correct word. Sad The Sanguinarian.

Looks very interesting.

10-16-2008, 05:38 PM
The following section represents the various categories that relate to the modern classification of vampires as defined by feeding method. Terminology is haphazard and problematic within the Community, and the attempt is made below to acknowledge alternative spellings, and identify distinctions (some of which are controversial) which are made by some Community members.

The most common and universal distinction made within the Vampire Community is the distinction, based on feeding method, between Sanguinarian and Psi Vampires.

Sanguine Vampires (Sanguinarian) feed by the drinking of blood - either human or animal. Sanguinarian vampires can vary in their experience of blood hunger and in how often or in what quantities they need to feed, but the unique craving for blood and the physical symptoms associated with neglecting to drink blood are unifying features of sanguinarian vampirism. This term is commonly shortened to sang. Not all members of the Community actually acknowledge the difference between psychic and sanguinarian vampirism, and there is a popular but not universally-held theory within the Community that the life force energy or “prana” contained within the blood is the source from which they feed, rather than any physical component of the blood itself. This theory is supported by the notably small amount of blood that vampires consume to alleviate their hunger, but challenged by the fact that vampires who consider themselves primarily blood drinkers often do not display as many or any of the psychic tendencies that psychic vampires do, and more often report more physical symptoms, such as sense acuity and physical strength, than do the psychic vampires.

Psi Vampires are understood to feed psychically on life force energy. Psi (or psy) feeding is usually performed on a willing individual or from the ambient energies of a large group or crowd. This term is often mistakenly confused with the pop psychology use of “psychic vampire” or “psychological vampire”, used as a metaphor to describe specific socially manipulative behaviors. The most common usage within the Community, however, does not include this metaphor. Psi vampire, refers to a vampire who feeds by some manner of energy transfer; this term may also be shortened to psivamp. Psy vampire, and “psychic vampire” are sometimes considered synonyms for psi vampire, but are also sometimes employed as separate terms with distinctive meanings. For example, “psi” is often employed as a synonym for ESP phenomena in parapsychology, and “psy” is short for either “psychic” or “psychological.” Those who make distinctions between these terms may use these meanings as the basis for their reasoning.

Hybrid or Psi/Sang Vampires claim to have no primary feeding method, being able to feed from either source at any time. Others report changing their primary feeding source from energy to blood, or vice versa, at various points in their lives. Some, but not all, vampires who can feed or have fed via both methods choose to describe themselves as Psi/Sang or Hybrid vampires.

Some Community members go further to define sub-classes of vampirism based on the detailed methods and sources of psychic feeding. These classes are most often distinguished from one another based on the type of energy gained. Those who feed from natural or elemental energy, and those who feed from humans either during sexual contact, during magickal rituals, or during times of high emotional output may be described as specific types of vampires. Further subcategories of psi feeding energy exist, including terminology to describe those who feed from direct contact with the human aura, those who feed from the ambient energy of crowds and public places, those who can only absorb certain kinds of emotions, etc. While we respect individuals' choices of self-description, untangling the definitional problems surrounding these distinctions is beyond the scope of this study, and for our purposes, only the distinctions between blood drinkers and energy feeders will be addressed, with some attention given to the primary psychic source of psi feeding.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.suscitatio.com/research/definitions.html">http://www.suscitatio.com/research/definitions.html</a><!-- m -->

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Immortal vampires, are they real? UnknownCrystal 3 1,371 09-14-2016 07:34 PM
Last Post: jadewik
  Do You Think Vampires Are Real? TheGreatGazoo 54 52,194 05-09-2016 02:47 PM
Last Post: Sky Diamond
Ladybug_16 Real Vampires - The secretive Order of Aset Ka Josh 11 22,878 05-27-2015 01:07 PM
Last Post: Itheblaze
  Could vampires be real? MissNyxGloom 14 20,300 02-28-2014 06:41 PM
Last Post: Cerridwen
  Are Vampires Real? ParanormalKid 29 33,906 06-26-2010 09:20 PM
Last Post: Goonis38