Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Status of Dudleyville, Connecticut?
11-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Status of Dudleyville, Connecticut?
From what I have read, this place has a bad history of odd things taking place there but I was unable to find any up-dates as to if is still open to public?, private property with no trespassing signs posted all about? Are any buildings still standing? Is it stll a "dead zone"?

From little I could find that seemed to have some credit to it, it sounds like not a good place, so if anyone has any information, I'd be interested in reading it. Thanks.

The notion of picking one time of the year to be decent to other people is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable wretches the rest of the year.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2009, 08:42 AM
RE: Status of Dudleyville, Connecticut?
From what I understand, it is not open to the public. According to the Connecticut State Police, trespassers are fined, starting at $75.00.

"When you feel like a toad on the highway of life... and everyone seems like a steel-belted radial... when you're lyin' there squished in an assortment of bodily fluids... at least you left your mark." ~Arnie Dogan, "The Red Green Show"

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
11-18-2009, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2009 06:19 PM by CareTaker.)
There are lots of stories if you google it, I will post one that tells you you need permission to enter.

There is an abandoned settlement that was called Dudleyville, known for its very negative psychic energy. It is widely considered one the most haunted places in America.

Originally settled in 1738, residents of this settlement were feared and looked upon suspiciously because of all the odd accidents, the high number of suicides and cases of insanity that plagued the town. The town gained the reputation of being cursed and eventually no one wanted to live there anymore.

Today Dudleyville is visited by many, including modern witches who perform rituals there. There have been over 100 reports of paranormal activity in the area, and visitors report dark and negative feelings in the area. A film crew once went to visit the area and as they got closer to the site, they all experienced trouble breathing, as though the life were being sucked out of them.

NOTE: Please remember that you will absolutely need proper permission from authorities before visiting this place as there are now no trespassing signs and the area is heavily patrolled! Otherwise, please do not attempt to go to this site. county map

When investigating paranormal don't rely on assumptions, base your decisions on facts.
11-18-2009, 08:53 AM
I too had the same Idea UnR, I wasnt going to post,since you did already,but what the heck......
Dudleytown (also know as Dudleyville or Dudley Town) is a deserted village in the woods of Cornwall, Connecticut. Residents of the town from the mid-1700's to the early-1800's fell victim to its "curse". The town could be haunted or it's residents may have only had a streak of bad luck. There are records of unusual and violent deaths, suicides, and hardships.

Some visitors to the site have claimed that the area is an eerie "dead zone". Reportedly there are few animals in the woods and one hears almost no birds singing. This may suggest that Dudleytown is some sort of vortex, possibly an evil one.

Dudleytown Hill is located just South of Coltsfoot Mountain at about longitude 41°47'30" latitude 73°22'30". Dark Entry Road is located near the Cornwall bridge. Map, Y Map

The area is owned by the Dark Entry Forest Association. You must have permission to park, and it's unlikely that you will get it. The area is never open to visitors without permission - you are trespassing if you are there, and you can be arrested.

In an August, 1993 interview in Playboy magazine, "Ghostbuster" Dan Akroyd called Dudleytown: " . . . The most haunted place on earth."

11-18-2009, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2009 06:18 PM by jadewik.)
(11-18-2009 08:53 AM)Dr.Teufel Geist Wrote:  I too had the same Idea UnR, I wasnt going to post,since you did already,but what the heck......
Dudleytown (also know as Dudleyville or Dudley Town) is a deserted village in the woods of Cornwall, Connecticut. Residents of the town from the mid-1700's to the early-1800's fell victim to its "curse". The town could be haunted or it's residents may have only had a streak of bad luck. There are records of unusual and violent deaths, suicides, and hardships.

Some visitors to the site have claimed that the area is an eerie "dead zone". Reportedly there are few animals in the woods and one hears almost no birds singing. This may suggest that Dudleytown is some sort of vortex, possibly an evil one.

Dudleytown Hill is located just South of Coltsfoot Mountain at about longitude 41°47'30" latitude 73°22'30". Dark Entry Road is located near the Cornwall bridge. Map, Y Map

The area is owned by the Dark Entry Forest Association. You must have permission to park, and it's unlikely that you will get it. The area is never open to visitors without permission - you are trespassing if you are there, and you can be arrested.

In an August, 1993 interview in Playboy magazine, "Ghostbuster" Dan Akroyd called Dudleytown: " . . . The most haunted place on earth."

(11-18-2009 08:53 AM)Dr.Teufel Geist Wrote:  I too had the same Idea UnR, I wasnt going to post,since you did already,but what the heck......

Appreciate any info you can provide and look forward to more. Thanks again.
Anyway one paints it, it seems as if one would do well not to plan to make a day visit to the place.
(11-18-2009 08:44 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  There are lots of stories if you google it, I will post one that tells you you need permission to enter.

There is an abandoned settlement that was called Dudleyville, known for its very negative psychic energy. It is widely considered one the most haunted places in America.

Originally settled in 1738, residents of this settlement were feared and looked upon suspiciously because of all the odd accidents, the high number of suicides and cases of insanity that plagued the town. The town gained the reputation of being cursed and eventually no one wanted to live there anymore.

Appreciate you taking the time to post the information cited above. there is info. out there but there seems to be contradictions from vatious sources but I appreciate you calling my attention to it.

Today Dudleyville is visited by many, including modern witches who perform rituals there. There have been over 100 reports of paranormal activity in the area, and visitors report dark and negative feelings in the area. A film crew once went to visit the area and as they got closer to the site, they all experienced trouble breathing, as though the life were being sucked out of them.

Glad all of you took the time to comment. It is appreciated.

The notion of picking one time of the year to be decent to other people is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable wretches the rest of the year.
11-18-2009, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2009 03:29 PM by Andrasta.)
This is from a decendant of the legendary town. It is printed clearly on his website. I highly recommend you not visit. Have respect for people's choices.

Quote:UPDATE DUDLEYTOWN. Due to continued trespassing, and due to continued postings of directions and refusals of irresponsible people to REMOVE the directions, Dudleytown will remain closed indefinately. Thats it folks........indefinately. Thanks to all you people, including the Warrens, and others, who irresponsibly POST directions to Dudleytown, and then say "But we WARN people..." Yes, BUT WHY GIVE THE DIRECTIONS.....idiots! Now none of us can go. Thanks a lot.

What would you do if you knew nothing about me, yet I said that I'd protect you with my life, then died doing just that and later you discovered I was someone you would've hated had our paths crossed under different circumstances?

It's all just one big *facepalm* around here.

I heart Sandra Bullock.
11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
anybody can go, just dont get caught Devil Smiley

11-18-2009, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2009 04:20 PM by Andrasta.)
*slaps Dr. Teufel Geist upside the head*

What would you do if you knew nothing about me, yet I said that I'd protect you with my life, then died doing just that and later you discovered I was someone you would've hated had our paths crossed under different circumstances?

It's all just one big *facepalm* around here.

I heart Sandra Bullock.
11-18-2009, 04:34 PM
(11-18-2009 08:44 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  There are lots of stories if you google it, I will post one that tells you you need permission to enter.

Directions: Dudleyville is in Litchfield County in Northwestern CT. It is located on Coltsfoot Mountain overlooking the Housatonic River, now a private nature reserve. Follow Highway 7 to Cornwall Bridge and go east for two miles into Cornwall. Then take Dark Entry Road from Cornwall, past Witch’s Dam, up to Dudleyville.
NOTE: Please remember that you will absolutely need proper permission from authorities before visiting this place as there are now no trespassing signs and the area is heavily patrolled! Otherwise, please do not attempt to go to this site. county map

Thanks for all the info. I don't go when I see NO TRESPASSING! whicch might be followed by the sounds of big dogs and shotguns. As I said before, I was not planning a visit, esp. now!! Ty for the work posting all the informative info.Knowing about the local law enforcement is just another reason to stay far away.

11-18-2009, 04:37 PM
(11-18-2009 04:07 PM)Dr.Teufel Geist Wrote:  anybody can go, just dont get caught Devil Smiley
Now you know better than that! Read The Rules As much as I love these places, if there is no trespassing allowed, that needs to be respected.

And yes I know you were kidding! Blueud But it really is never a good idea to do that.

"When you feel like a toad on the highway of life... and everyone seems like a steel-belted radial... when you're lyin' there squished in an assortment of bodily fluids... at least you left your mark." ~Arnie Dogan, "The Red Green Show"

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html