Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
HellHound?
11-09-2009, 03:04 PM
HellHound?
I had gone to a Cemetary here in Louisville to visit my Dad, laid to rest about two years or so ago, this past week while I was waiting for my computer to operate again. If you stop by Louisville, you HAVE to visit at least one of the two places: Waverly Hills Sanitorium, or Evergreen Cemetary (where my dad is buried).

You should hear all kinds of things about them.

Anyway.

It was approaching dusk, so I thought it was best to go back to the car, where My Mom and step-Dad were waiting for me. Evergreen, I believe, covers a few acres of land, so it was a bit of a long walk. I am fully aware that being in creepy places at nightfall can make you hear or see things. Our brains are opted to such foolishness sometimes.

But this was different. I heard growling and snarling along the way back to the car, which creeped me out a little bit. I don't think it would have been a wolf, but it could have possibly been a loose dog (there is an animal shelter along that highway somewheres). So I continued to walk.

About six or so grave blocks away from my car, I heard a loud, ferocious barking. My eyes shot emidiately to the tree, and there I saw a large, evil looking dog laying on a thick branch. It's eyes were Red and dangerous, illuminating his teeth. From what little color I could see, he seemed to be a Rottweiler.

Of course, I ran, and for a few seconds I could hear him thundering behind me, and then it was gone. I never looked back afterwards, afraid of seeing it again.

If I'm not mistaken, this could be a hell hound? From what I have been told, they appear differently to certain individuals (varying in breeds, and even ferril dogs or wolves), and disappear.

Any and all opinions welcome!

~ Spook.

There was a [ H O L E ] here. It's gone now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2009, 03:32 PM
RE: HellHound?
I guess it depends where one lives as to what is called an "hell hound". there are various types in the UK alone, we have different types in the south, for various reasons and purposes each type is to serve. Geeneral rule of thumb, don't mess with them, as in doinng something less than smart by trying to get one to show up. Becareful what you wish for.

The notion of picking one time of the year to be decent to other people is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable wretches the rest of the year.
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2009, 04:32 PM
I dont know about them personally...but thats pretty creepyOwl Eyes
11-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Or it could be just a Wild Dog, I have seen a story on these dogs on "MonsterQuest"
could have been a Rabid dog for that matter

However, I dont know too many dogs or "Hell Hounds" that ly in tree branches, so maybe you saw a cat instead.
Cougar/Panther

11-10-2009, 12:10 AM
I was just thinking that, Doc! Is there any way possible it could have been a panther?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
11-10-2009, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2009 02:18 PM by spook-e.)
(11-10-2009 12:10 AM)scarygirl67 Wrote:  I was just thinking that, Doc! Is there any way possible it could have been a panther?

Not that I would know of. o.O It barked ferociously, I don't think it roared...?
(11-09-2009 11:47 PM)Dr.Teufel Geist Wrote:  Or it could be just a Wild Dog, I have seen a story on these dogs on "MonsterQuest"
could have been a Rabid dog for that matter

However, I dont know too many dogs or "Hell Hounds" that ly in tree branches, so maybe you saw a cat instead.
Cougar/Panther

A very big cat, maybe. I didn't think there would be wild animals like that in a city, but you know. People like to own crazy things. Perhaps it got loose.

Then again, there is a law in Kentucky against the ownership of exotic animals. So, I'm not quite so sure.

Thanks!

(11-09-2009 03:32 PM)Graveyard Hound Wrote:  I guess it depends where one lives as to what is called an "hell hound". there are various types in the UK alone, we have different types in the south, for various reasons and purposes each type is to serve. Geeneral rule of thumb, don't mess with them, as in doinng something less than smart by trying to get one to show up. Becareful what you wish for.

Isn't it refered to as "Black Shuck" there? I think I read it in a book somewheres.

There was a [ H O L E ] here. It's gone now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Depends, Panther's migrate thru our neck of the woods,but if ya ask a Ranger,they will say "no Panthers arent around here."
I know for a fact there are, some friends of mine's cows were killed by a Panther a few years back.
So it depends if any big wild cats migrate thru that area.

11-11-2009, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2009 12:50 AM by super.fantastik.)
Never heard of hellhounds. . .
so, whats the point of them if they're gonna chase you
& then randomly dissapear? Seems kinda weird....
Maybe I just don't know enough about them yet though~

"To really ask is to open the door to the whirlwind.
The answer may annihilate the question and the questioner."
11-11-2009, 12:51 AM
As legend goes, if one happened to see the hellhound three times directly in the eyes, he or she will die an abrupt and unseen death.

11-11-2009, 01:28 AM
What happens if you don't know it's a hellhound & merely see it as a
rabid dog all 3 times?
You can't die if you're totally oblivious to it~

"To really ask is to open the door to the whirlwind.
The answer may annihilate the question and the questioner."