Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ever Hear Your Name Whispered On The Wind?
You know what I mean...you are in a crowded place and hear your name called quite clearly. Or, are walking down the street, and hear your name, then turn to find there's no one there. What do you think might be the cause of this?

That voice is so real. It has to be real and yet upon investigating, no one said your name at all. Would love to hear some opinions on this phenomenon. Will share my own a little later in the thread.

I know, I know...that means you have to wait. I'm a stinker aren't I?
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Feel free to tell me what you need and I will tell you how to get by without it. ~Mom

For the believer, both the evidence of science and the failure of science to explain the paranormal is all the proof they need. For the skeptic, no evidence no matter how scientific will ever be proof enough. ~John Zaffis
Yes you are! *scarygirl pouts!*

I have heard that...sometimes it's when I've been alone...one time in particular, I was fishing by the dam...completely by myself, and I was loving it!....when I heard someone call my name. It wasn't a whisper either...just a normal voice, although it wasn't one I recognized.

I turned to look and no one was there....I looked all around. There were no cars in sight. There was a voice, and there was no one there...that's all I know for sure.

The feeling I got was very creepy....literally the hair standing on the back of my neck. I didn't feel alone anymore...and it felt very WRONG. I got my pole and tacklebox together and called it a day...just didn't feel good being there anymore.

I think that experience with it stands out in my mind more than any other because of how negative it felt...never went to the dam by myself after that...
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

Scarygirl, think someones protecting you, keeping you safe.

My sons name was whispered to me when i was pregnant with him, the funny thing was he was ment to be rebecca haha, Callum, its gaelic for Malcolm, king of Scotland, protector of Columba.

The night my dad passed, we were speeding down the road, my mum had just phoned to say that she couldnt wake him up, well, on the way to my mums place i heard a voice whisper 'Liz' we were about to come to a bad bend called Nellys Gate, i asked the driver to slow down as it was too late my dad was gone, he was.
I think that ws him looking after me. Well i like to think that...
Heaven doesn't want me, and Hell's afraid i'll take over
have no idea what it is but I once heard "Here , Im right here..." and I didnt trust it at the time. I was like 19 back then.
As a child I heard my mother calling me all the time, but she wasnt lol.
I heard my name called out when i was in a shop around 8 months ago, it was about 8pm and there was not many around. The voice was right behind me, when i turned round no one was there. It didn't scare me, but i was amazed and i said quietly, 'i heard that'. The voice was soft and kind sounding, it was my first experience of hearing anything.

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
Oh yeah, many times. It is always a distance sound, like from the next room, or from outside. But once it was whispered in my right ear as I was drifting off for my afternoon nap. It startled me so badly that I awoke immediately.

That's an old saying, that it's the devil and do not answer because then he has access to your soul. I don't know if I believe that or not but it is what my mother always said.

I'm an adult and I STILL hear my mother calling me....it's that voice in your head that just won't go away....well in my case...ONE of the voices anyway! J/K....

I am a believer in spirit guardians. Some say "guardian angels", but I prefer thinking of them as spirits rather than angels...angels are a different thing altogether in my mind. I have felt comfort when I've heard that...but that time at the dam stood out for me because it didn't feel positive at all...I wasn't scared exactly, just....very uneasy.
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html

Eww!! that is one of my biggest dreads hearing a whisper in my ear when im in bed. I'm always uneasy befor dropping off to sleep that i'll hear something, but that's only because i have encountered the paranormal before and know that it could very well happen.

(09-29-2009, 09:53 AM)Pitch Potter Wrote: Oh yeah, many times. It is always a distance sound, like from the next room, or from outside. But once it was whispered in my right ear as I was drifting off for my afternoon nap. It startled me so badly that I awoke immediately.

That's an old saying, that it's the devil and do not answer because then he has access to your soul. I don't know if I believe that or not but it is what my mother always said.

All my life I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific...
Many times. Not always my name....sometimes others voices. My biggest experience was when I was pregnant with my son. I was driving down the road and all of a sudden I heard this loud engine roar right beside me....I immediately moved to the left lane without even looking and the next thing I saw was motorcycle speeding onto the highway from nowhere and right into the spot where I had just been seconds before. The crash might have killed me or my unborn son. I think an angel was protecting us.

The other things I have heard is angels singing. That is really beautiful to hear.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." Ephesians 6:11
That is just wonderful that you were saved like that Warrior!

I've heard you mention this before about the angels singing, but i've never got round to asking you about it properly. What happened? If you already posted this where abouts is it?

How are things now by the way with the probs in the house? sorry not pm'd you for so long...forgive Icontexto-emoticons-08-032x032

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation THE WIND wildwind 14 3,555 11-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Last Post: nawal