There is someting simular....
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you really be "Scared Stiff?"
You know, like how in movies and cartoons where a person is frightend, they cant even move or freeze in place.
I don't know about the stiff part unless they are so scared that they can't move because they don't know what to do. But people have died from heart attack during frighting ordeals. So, yes you can be scared to death.

I dont think it would happen over a prolonged period of time but yeah I think it can happen... you should meet my mother.. Devil Smiley
(09-16-2009, 04:17 AM)Pitch Potter Wrote: I don't know about the stiff part unless they are so scared that they can't move because they don't know what to do. But people have died from heart attack during frighting ordeals. So, yes you can be scared to death.

I agree with Pitch.You can also sweat blood.A person can be so scared or under enough stress that tiny blood vessels just under the skin on your face burst and if you are sweating the blood is carried out of your body with the sweat causing you to "sweat blood"
Weird stuff, huh?

In a 23 acre haunted woods up this way I watched a teen age girl first let out a blood curdling scream, then throw a flash light at the person then fall to the ground in the fetal position in fear as a person came out of the woods with a chain saw. It was hilarious to watch the kids at this one. One family was almost done and their kid got scared and left them and ran the long way back out.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
That kind of fear can kill you. But that is what the OP said, isn't it?

Oh my goodness, UNR... I can't help but laugh but that is so sad. Poor kids. Why would parents take their kids to be scared? I assume you are talking about a staged haunting... ? I have enough scary things go on around me. I never understood going somewhere intentionally to be scared. I get "scared stiff" when my kids pop out from around the corner! It physically hurts me to be scared.
"It sounded like a bad fry, unimportant, with a bowl of rice." ~ Victor

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." ~ Billy, age 4

I think it can happen. I know there have been times when I have faced fear and froze in place...even it was for a second or two. I think your body goes into shock. Shock can kill you too.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." Ephesians 6:11
Shock will kill when the injuries you have wouldn't.