Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Upcoming Movies
09-11-2009, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2010 12:27 PM by Bracket.)
Upcoming Movies
I thought i would keep you guys updated on upcoming movies that fit into the theme of this site. They will be from the supernatural, fantasy, horror, sci-fi and thriller genres. I will put them in the comment section of this thread so that you guys can be constantly updated.

This thread will mostly be for films in the planning stages or early pre-production.

Here's Upcoming Non-Paranormal Movies.
http://www.talkparanormal.com/thread-8460.html

Updates will be highlighted in Blue. Opinions and comments are encouraged.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2009, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2010 08:20 PM by Bracket.)
RE: Upcoming Movies
Hancock 2 (release date TBD)- Even though the plot is under wraps at the moment, returning director Peter Berg has said that atleast one other character with Hancocks abilities will be thrown into the mix. Will Smith, Charlize Therone and Jason Bateman will all be returning.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Strange Tides (summer 2011)- Part 4 of the series. The plot is under wraps but it is known that Johnny Depp will return to play Jack Sparrow. Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom will most likely not be returning.

John Carter of Mars (summer 2012)- Created by Edgar Rice Burroughs, John Carter first appeared in 1911's "A Princess of Mars," the first Burroughs novel set on the fictionalized version of Mars. Carter encounters both formidable alien creatures resembling the beasts of ancient myth and various humanoids and finds his true calling in life as a warrior-savior of the planet's inhabitants. He wins the hand of Martian princess Dejah Thoris of Helium.

The Green Hornet (December 17th, 2010)- Based on the tv series that started Bruce Lee's career. It followed the adventures of Britt Reid, a bored playboy whose life is changed when he inherits his father's crusading newspaper, The Daily Sentinel. He saves the life of Kato, a Japanese man with incredible technical and martial-arts skills, who becomes Britt's closest ally -- and transforms Britt's car into the supercharged Black Beauty, which gives them an edge as they search for evidence to expose the city's underworld in the newspaper. When Britt and Kato witness a brutal mob hit, Britt invents his secret identity -- taking his name from his powerful car's defective horn. Seth Rogan and Cameron Diaz stars.

Jeepers Creepers 3: Cathedral (TBD)- Set 23 years after the first and second films, Trish (Gina Pilllips, from the first film) now with a son, returns to kill the creeper once and for all. Gina Phillips, Ray Wise (from the second film) and Jonathan Breck (the Creeper) return.
09-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Looking forward to the Privates of the Caribbean, can't get enough of Johnny Depp, sorry Orlando won't be returning.

Love the TV series the Green Honet, looking forward to it as well.

Jeepers Creepers. is one heck of a thriller. the beast that sleeps for so many years, then awakes and must feed for so many days, on human flesh! I think the number is 23, am I right? Sure want to see him finally get his!

Characters Environments
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. (Chinese Proverb)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2009, 06:37 PM
i love new movies i aint seen them
09-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Pitch

"Privates of the Caribbean"

What movies are you watching? Wink
09-11-2009, 07:30 PM
(09-11-2009 07:23 PM)Bracket Wrote:  Pitch

"Privates of the Caribbean"

What movies are you watching? Wink

Oh my goodness, it is pass my bedtime and I spell private instead of Pirates. I wonder what the private would be like?

Characters Environments
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. (Chinese Proverb)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2009, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2010 08:21 PM by Bracket.)
On the topic of Pirates (not Privates) of the Caribbean 4, the subtitle itself might give a hint to the plot of the upcoming film.

"Speculation has already begun that the subtitle "On Stranger Tides" refers to author Tim Powers' novel with the same name."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59039
09-11-2009, 08:17 PM
I am really looking forward to when Hancock 2 can finally come out...that will be a must see for me. Also the Green Hornet...Oh I loved Kato! I would always love the way he would just appear out of nowhere...open up the refrigerator and there he was....................

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ~Philip K. Dick

http://paranormalinreview2.zohosites.com/home.html
09-11-2009, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2010 08:21 PM by Bracket.)
Cowboys & Aliens (TBD)- Based on the Platinum Studios Comics graphic novel written by Fred Van Lente and Andrew Foley. The sci-fi Western explores what would happen if the traditional Old West enemies -- cowboys and Native Americans -- found the prairie attacked by aliens in mid-1800s Arizona. From director Jon Favreau (Ironman 1 & 2), starring Robert Downey Jr. and written by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof, the creators of Lost.

The Smurfs (December 17th, 2010)- "The Smurfs" were created in 1958 by Belgian cartoonist Pierre Culliford, known throughout the world as Peyo. "The Smurfs," originally called "Les Schtroumpfs" in French, were created for a Belgian series of comic books, first as minor characters. The villagers, known for their blue skin and small statures, spawned a line of statuettes, games, toys, theme parks and a hit TV series, which ran as part of NBC's Saturday-morning lineup from 1981-90. It will be computer animated.

Predators (July 7th, 2010)- Reboot of the Predator franchise, "Predators" involves a very intense group of people stranded on a Predator planet discovering unspeakable horrors - that are not always from outside their group. Directed by Nimrod Antal (no joke, that's his real name).

The Blob (TBD)- Director Rob Zombie's unique vision of the 1958 classic. In the original, an object from space crashes into a field, containing a red blob-like substance that absorbs the humans it contacts and grows exponentially. Zombie says "My intention is not to have a big red blobby thing -- that's the first thing I want to change. That gigantic Jello-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now." It will be R-rated.

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (December 23rd, 2011)- The first in the series of 3D motion capture films based on the iconic character created by Georges Remi. The film stars Jamie Bell as Tintin, the intrepid young reporter whose relentless pursuit of a good story thrusts him into a world of high adventure. This is a huge project from Steven Spielberg in collaberation with Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson. The first film in the series will be directed by Spielberg and the second by Jackson. It will star Jamie Bell, Daniel Craig, Andy Serkis and Simon Pegg.
09-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I can't wait to see the cowboys and aliens it sounds really good as well as the predator. But the blob i am looking forward to basically because rob zombie is not a good director No offense to his fans out there.

Even though you are in darkness, there will always be a light to guide your path.Blue Cat

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Upcoming Non-Paranormal Movies Bracket 52 34,983 06-25-2011 04:37 PM
Last Post: geogirlforever
  Upcoming Paranormal/Scary Movies Skatha 10 6,491 07-27-2009 12:27 PM
Last Post: CMF