Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My child's "spider" dream
My 7 year old son dreamt that his grandma and I both were bitten by a "mean" spider and it was after him. He thought he killed it only to discover he'd killed a butterfly instead.  The spider chased him into the bathroom at which time he woke up.

He was not upset but thought it was "bad."
I DO wonder what any of you make of this type of dream?
Thanks.
First of all, welcome to the forum.

And about the dream of being chased by a spider in general, I believe there're a lot of interpretations concerning such a dream out there. But if you'd like to hear one that's 'popular' among my people;

We believe that having a dream of being chased by a mean (or ferocious) spider, would usually be a not-so-good 'premonition' so to say. Meaning, it could be a premonition for a person that in the (near) future he'll face some difficult and unpleasant times due to the pressure he has (in whatever it is), especially from his loved one(s).

However, it's not the dream itself that usually matters, but how we deal with it, to prevent the bad thing to happen or if it happens anyway. If you think that your son is going to have some difficult times because of something that's going on in your house, please don't be too hard on him. Or, if you see it happens to him because of somebody else, please try to cheer him up so it won't affect him too much.

And... You probably want to keep it to yourself instead of telling your son about the meaning of his dream, because it on itself may put some pressure on his thoughts, especially when he thought that it was a 'bad' dream already.

My opinion only.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MaCan for this post:
  • Aboom
My guess is that yr son saw creepy looking spider recently and had a bad dream.

I’m not saying there is absolutely no chance that yr son had a premonition.  Neither am I saying that there couldn’t be some deeper meaning.  However, by far, most dreams have no more depth than the average television sitcom.  I mean, on a good night, I can have half a dozen different dreams or more.  They can’t all have special meanings.

Dreams are simply a way for yr mind to relax.  Think of it as that classic writing exercise where you sit down with no plan at all, just a blank piece of paper or empty word file… and write whatever comes to mind, letting the words flow as they will.  That’s yr brain on dreams.

I know some peeps are big on interpreting dreams and that’s cools.  I just don’t see the need, in this instance.  Kids are scared of spiders.  Yr son loves you and his grandmother.  He had a bad dream.  No biggie.

I once had a dream that I was a server at an aquatic themed bar with tables set up on walkways over a huge tank of water.  As I was rushing between tables to take orders and serve food, dragons would leap out and try to snatch me in their jaws, but always just barely missed me.  How did I interpret that dream?  My job is freaking stressful sometimes…

Still, I’d be on the lookout for giant spiders for the next few weeks, just to be safe.

Icontexto-emoticons-04-032x032
[img][Image: SignatureToday2_zpsb40bf612.jpg][/img]
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets? Lord of the Rings- The Two Towers? The Hobbit? I'm sure he's seen several scary depictions of spiders in the movies.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

MaCan:
What you say makes sense.  Long story short, there's no doubt that he is feeling pressure since his mom and brother (not mine) came back into his life.  It has been hard on him but he is good about hiding it and acting like all is "ok."  Good advice you give.  I DO want to continue being there as I always have been without adding to his stress.  It's a double edged sword though because he knows i am dedicated to him which in and of itself is not what mom wants he's caught in the middle.  Thanks for the response.
(09-17-2018, 12:15 PM)Darkforeboding Wrote: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets?  Lord of the Rings- The Two Towers?  The Hobbit?  I'm sure he's seen several scary depictions of spiders in the movies.

Negative.  Hes more into "odd squad" and movies like "captain underpants" lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scary child dream Alex801 0 999 02-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Alex801
  Keep having same dream about my child and losing them at the mall believe the unbelievable 2 2,347 07-31-2014, 09:27 AM
Last Post: MrsMultiTasker