Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realistic dreams
Lately, I have been having extremely realistic dreams, like, as if it is actually happening. I can interact with the dream, and, it feels so real that I don't realize I'm dreaming until I wake up. One of these dreams started out negative, ended on a positive note. The last one (last night) was just wonderful throughout. Can anyone explain how this works, and maybe why I've been able to do this (preferably facts rather than speculation)?
[Image: laughing-cow_300x300.png] 
"Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs." - Joseph Stalin
Well, there are no ‘facts’ when it comes to human psychology, dreaming or otherwise.  There are plenty of theories about dreaming, consciousness, self-awareness and the lot… but there are no facts.  There are only theories, some of which are accepted as the general consensus, some of which are kinda out there.

But then, there was a time when peeps thought the science of ‘Behaviorism’ was a thing, so… you never know.

Dreams are a way for yr brain to relax and unwind.  Kinda like reading Game of Thrones, only yr writing the story and can keep Robb from being murdered and make Arya grow up to be the Witch Queen of the North, if yr so inclined.  Still, you need to be relaxed in order to unwind, so if yr all wound up, you might end up with 12 tables needing their orders taken and the on-duty manager is Cersei and the host is that whiny little brat Joffrey, neither of which can be found…

Errr… hypothetically.  I’ve never had those sorts of dreams, myself.

If you had one dream that started bad and ended well, and another that was altogether good… I’d say yr doing well.  Things are staying positive.

If the dreams are seeming more ‘real?’  I’d also say that’s a good sign.  Your stress levels are low, it’s easier for yr brain to let go of real life stresses and immerse itself into the dream.

As to ‘interacting’ with the dream?  I’m not entirely certain what you mean by that.  Dreams are… and, how can I put this without sounding like a doof… dreams are fiction.  A story you create while you sleep.  If yr saying you can change the narrative while it’s happening… well, that makes perfect sense.  It is yr mind, after all.  It’s yr own story.  I can’t say for certain, but I’ve never read of a case of someone who hadn’t read the story of Moby Dick, then, one day, dreamt the story of Moby Dick.  You can change the narrative of yr dreams anytime you want.

That is not fact.  Neither is it speculation.  It’s simple logic.

Personally, I do not ‘lucid dream.’  I do, however, ‘cognitive dream.’  That is, when I’m having a dream, I’m often cognitively aware.  I’m not saying 100%.  Sometimes it takes me a bit to figure it out.  But I don’t really have nightmares anymore, and stress dreams are rare.  I just remind myself that I no longer work at that job, or that I broke up with that birch 2 years ago, or that sharks can’t jump over tables in a sports bar… and wake myself up.

Dreams are dreams.  Some may seem more realistic than others.  Sometimes, we can control them and sometimes we can’t.  That’s the nature of the human mind.  If yr having nice dreams… don’t rock the boat.  If they seem extra-real and they’re also super-nice?  Count yrself blessed.

8 )
[Image: Newest%20Signature_zpsegrtkw8d.jpg]
(06-06-2018, 07:40 PM)Mika Wrote: Well, there are no ‘facts’ when it comes to human psychology, dreaming or otherwise.  There are plenty of theories about dreaming, consciousness, self-awareness and the lot… but there are no facts.  There are only theories, some of which are accepted as the general consensus, some of which are kinda out there.

But then, there was a time when peeps thought the science of ‘Behaviorism’ was a thing, so… you never know.

Dreams are a way for yr brain to relax and unwind.  Kinda like reading Game of Thrones, only yr writing the story and can keep Robb from being murdered and make Arya grow up to be the Witch Queen of the North, if yr so inclined.  Still, you need to be relaxed in order to unwind, so if yr all wound up, you might end up with 12 tables needing their orders taken and the on-duty manager is Cersei and the host is that whiny little brat Joffrey, neither of which can be found…

Errr… hypothetically.  I’ve never had those sorts of dreams, myself.

If you had one dream that started bad and ended well, and another that was altogether good… I’d say yr doing well.  Things are staying positive.

If the dreams are seeming more ‘real?’  I’d also say that’s a good sign.  Your stress levels are low, it’s easier for yr brain to let go of real life stresses and immerse itself into the dream.

As to ‘interacting’ with the dream?  I’m not entirely certain what you mean by that.  Dreams are… and, how can I put this without sounding like a doof… dreams are fiction.  A story you create while you sleep.  If yr saying you can change the narrative while it’s happening… well, that makes perfect sense.  It is yr mind, after all.  It’s yr own story.  I can’t say for certain, but I’ve never read of a case of someone who hadn’t read the story of Moby Dick, then, one day, dreamt the story of Moby Dick.  You can change the narrative of yr dreams anytime you want.

That is not fact.  Neither is it speculation.  It’s simple logic.

Personally, I do not ‘lucid dream.’  I do, however, ‘cognitive dream.’  That is, when I’m having a dream, I’m often cognitively aware.  I’m not saying 100%.  Sometimes it takes me a bit to figure it out.  But I don’t really have nightmares anymore, and stress dreams are rare.  I just remind myself that I no longer work at that job, or that I broke up with that birch 2 years ago, or that sharks can’t jump over tables in a sports bar… and wake myself up.

Dreams are dreams.  Some may seem more realistic than others.  Sometimes, we can control them and sometimes we can’t.  That’s the nature of the human mind.  If yr having nice dreams… don’t rock the boat.  If they seem extra-real and they’re also super-nice?  Count yrself blessed.

8 )

Thanks for the reply :Smile

These dreams have all been a bit odd, I will say, I don't think I've ever really had dreams like these which were vivid enough to remember in such detail. 

By interacting, yes, I mean that I can change the course of the dream, as if it was real life, and I was participating in the events going on, talking to people, etc, rather than it being like a story, or movie, which I also found to be out of the ordinary.
[Image: laughing-cow_300x300.png] 
"Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs." - Joseph Stalin
I believe it has to do with how much emotion you're allowing yourself to express in your dream and the dream world is catering to said emotions causing the realness effect to heighten. I have these types of dreams every now and then. I noticed that there more emotion I displayed, the more real it felt.
[Image: space.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a realistic dream i had Parawhat 5 2,773 12-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Queen Icess