Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centralia graffiti highway (Silent Hill)
So, I'm visiting my daughter in PA. We went to Centralia to the graffiti highway and took several pictures. In one of said pictures, my daughters hoodie had a weird white blotch on it. The only thing on my daughters hoodie is a small swordfish logo. What could this white blotch be? Can I post the picture here?
Use the attachment function of this website, please.
[Image: space.gif]
I'm waiting for the picture
So that's what it's called....

I was out there in 2005 (LONG time ago)-- got a pic on the bench at the NE corner of Centre St and Locust Ave-- but didn't know where to go to see "the cool caved in road" and my roommates were nervous with all the "no trespassing" signs about... they also got up too late for us to make it to the museum before it closed at 5pm. Also, I think it was a Monday and a lot of things are closed on Mondays in PA... like the Crayola Crayon Factory. I was SO disappointed... but seeing the ginormous blue crayon was pretty cool.

For those who don't know-- Centralia used to be a huge coal mining town. One day, they were cleaning up the town, getting ready for a parade... and they set the trash they'd collected on fire to dispose of it... and it caught the mine on fire. It has been burning ever since. The town has been pretty much condemned, the government bought out the people who decided to move... and the rest... well, they just kinda slowly get poisoned from the fumes.

They shut the graffiti highway down because the potential hazard to drivers-- the fire is burning beneath the old highway.

... and as mentioned, the town is the basis for the video game (and film) Silent Hill.

Funstuff. Anyone else been?

[Image: 2005_0920Image0049_zpshoxguea5.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jadewik for this post:
  • Chevleia
Thanks for the post jadewik! I would love to visit Centralia one day. But I have yet to venture that far east Wink
 The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. And I have promises to keep. Miles to go before I sleep.
What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul. * Sunny Peach Blog ミ☆ 
~*~*~Psych Butterfly~*~*~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Can't Stay Silent About This Anymore RioGrande 2 1,385 03-24-2017, 12:01 PM
Last Post: DrDemonic