Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Face changes but why
Exclamation 
Hi guys
Yesterday  my boyfriend and I  were sitting and meditating by staring into each others eyes for a very long time and suddenly our faces changes he saw me black and I saw him as a cave man, does anyone know what that means, does it mean we saw each other's past person, like what we were in our earlier life or does it mean something else?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Regina2706 for this post:
  • driftwoodms14
Its amazing how in this world of technology where everyone clings to a cell phone none of these claims are ever captured. Leaving us with did it really happen or another story.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Lots of these claims are captured. Unfortunately, when they are captured, skeptics have a completely different complaint xD We just can't win.

@Regina;
When you hyper-focus on one thing, sometimes your perceptions of other things can become skewed. In other words, when your focus is primarily on meditating, your senses are somewhat dulled. This can lead to all kinds of things to look like other things. I wouldn't read too much into it. If it happens again, when you aren't meditating by looking into each other's eyes (btw, never heard of that kind of mediation. Seems awkward, no?), then we can go somewhere with that information.
Especially, if you want to see things happen through illicit use of recreational substances.
[Image: space.gif]
(02-25-2018, 07:50 AM)Regina2706 Wrote: Hi guys
Yesterday  my boyfriend and I  were sitting and meditating by staring into each others eyes for a very long time and suddenly our faces changes he saw me black and I saw him as a cave man, does anyone know what that means, does it mean we saw each other's past person, like what we were in our earlier life or does it mean something else?

As an empath,shrink trained in hypnosis as you stare at some fixed point long enough you will see distorted features but its possible you both saw past lives. 
drift
(02-28-2018, 01:19 AM)driftwoodms14 Wrote:
shrink trained in hypnosis 

How does one find training for this?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Vultyrex for this post:
  • driftwoodms14
       Well said.There are too many kids who need guidance.
drift
It's a legitimate psychological technique used to try and resolve everything from addiction and phobias to insomnia and anxiety. It's not the go-to resolution, mind you. To fall victim to hypnosis takes a specific type of person, and you could also be snapped out of it fairly quickly. So, I believe that being trained in hypnosis could actually have been a thing, for driftwood. However, how it relates to this is not something I'm sure of. Hypnosis and mediation are only similar, insofar as the trance-like state that one is in. The rest is fundamentally different: from how you achieve that state to how you use that state, and even the specific type of state that you enter.

If driftwood were trained in eastern medicine, with a focus on meditation for instance, then I could see a relationship occurring.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to KaelisRa for this post:
  • driftwoodms14
(02-28-2018, 01:31 AM)driftwoodms14 Wrote:        Well said.There are too many kids who need guidance.

That was an actual question.
I was wondering what he was replying to, as well. xD
At any rate, I tried to input a bit on my take of hypnosis vs meditation. Back to you, Rodney!