Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mysterious blotch appeared overnight on photo tribute to dead neighbour
My mum just told me a weird story. Her neighbour Mary who we really loved passed away from old age recently. My mother made a collage to pay tribute to her, with a photograph of Marys house. Overnight, this weird splotch appeared on the picture! It wasn't hung in an area where sunlight could've damaged it...

What kind of paper was the photo printed on?
What was used to adhere the photo?
Looks like water damage.
If it was regular printer paper and not photo paper perhaps glue on the underside bled through the paper.
Seeing as there are also marks that look like the liquid splashed when it struck the paper, at the "12 o'clock," "4 or 5 o'clock," and "7 or 8 o'clock" position, I'd guess something dripped on it. Aside from condensation on something near or over the picture it's also possible that the moisture was carried by an insect.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

(02-18-2018, 01:47 PM)Supernatural Storyteller Wrote: My mum just told me a weird story. Her neighbour Mary who we really loved passed away from old age recently. My mother made a collage to pay tribute to her, with a photograph of Marys house. Overnight, this weird splotch appeared on the picture! It wasn't hung in an area where sunlight could've damaged it...

The photo is on regular photo stock. I think it's likely she used spray glue to mount it but I can ask her. I agree it definitely looks like water damage, we all agree, but can't figure out how any water could possibly damage it. It was hung high up on a wall. 

Also, that would have to be a hell of a big insect to make a several inch splotch!
Some form of liquid hit the photo at some point. There's a splash effect around the large blotch. Don't run to a paranormal answer until you eliminated all options.
[Image: space.gif]
(02-19-2018, 08:39 PM)Supernatural Storyteller Wrote: The photo is on regular photo stock. I think it's likely she used spray glue to mount it but I can ask her. I agree it definitely looks like water damage, we all agree, but can't figure out how any water could possibly damage it. It was hung high up on a wall. 

Also, that would have to be a hell of a big insect to make a several inch splotch!

Fallout from a sneeze?  Splash from an umbrella or raincoat?
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

Tell me, the black marks on the birch (?) bark, is that paint? Perhaps the paintbrush had a little water in the bristles.
(02-20-2018, 04:22 PM)lorac61469 Wrote: Tell me, the black marks on the birch (?) bark, is that paint? Perhaps the paintbrush had a little water in the bristles.

Those parts were painted separately and then glued on. There wasn't water etc spilled on it, that's for sure. 

That would be one hell of a sneeze as far as that goes. A sneeze that large you'd remember hahaha. 

It's not in a place where any coats or umbrellas etc are. It was hung up in a hallway on second floor. 

I agree that it looks just like water damage but there isn't any suspected cause of the water damage. Electricity can create patterns similar to water for instance streaks, wavy patterns. I'm not saying that energy of some kind is an explanation but just because something looks like water damage doesn't mean that it really is.
It also doesn't mean it isn't water damage as that is what it looks like. Have them print another and place a drop of water on it. It appears the damage was done before it was hung as the color run wasn't directional. Does your mum drink anything while working on a collage?
You also never mentioned how many in the home with your mother or if there were pets. I have never seen electricity damage a dry ink jet photo, perhaps you could provide an example?
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(02-22-2018, 04:32 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: It also doesn't mean it isn't water damage as that is what it looks like. Have them print another and place a drop of water on it. It appears the damage was done before it was hung as the color run wasn't directional. Does your mum drink anything while working on a collage?
You also never mentioned how many in the home with your mother or if there were pets. I have never seen electricity damage a dry ink jet photo, perhaps you could provide an example?

It's just my mum and dad, no pets. 

The internet is pretty great but it's not like I can just find anything. I've also never seen or heard of ghosts or spirits altering photos but based on how incredulous everyone is here I'm not surprised that it would just stay as a family story. 

The splotch is several inches in diameter, would take more than a drop of water. No she doesn't drink water while making collages. My parents are very intelligent very rational people, she wouldn't have brought this up if she had any obvious explanation.