Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kept hearing about Ohio...
This story happened about half a year ago. I had an ex who I had been really close with. We had experienced numerous psychic moments of knowing each others thoughts and such. I had no idea where she was and hadn't talked to her in a few months. 

We're both from Toronto, Canada. I still live here. She had started moving about though like a hobo, sleeping in tents (she had lost her mind). She could have been anywhere. I figured she was in Hamilton. 

I noticed in the news, on the radio, in print, all sorts of people mentioning Ohio. About a week into hearing "Ohio" every day I noticed something was really odd. It only increased in frequency to the point I would hear about Ohio, and only that state, several times a day. If someone called into a radio show they were from Ohio. If an obscure musician was being discussed on a music show they were born in Ohio. If a politician was visiting Toronto they were so and so from Ohio. Stories about Ohios economy. Stories about activists from Ohio. Etc. I really knew something must be up and wondered what it was going to be.

It turned out to be nothing big, no huge event, it was just that my ex was living in Ohio. She contacted me and told me that's where she was. Mentions of Ohio in the news stopped and I haven't really heard anything about the state since.
Classic case of noticing something that's always been there. For example, there's been a commercial on TV for the last 2 years and someone brought it up in a random convo you're having and you've never seen it before. After that comment, you're gonna see it often. So often, it'll be annoying.
[Image: space.gif]
(01-29-2018, 01:33 AM)Vultyrex Wrote: Classic case of noticing something that's always been there. For example, there's been a commercial on TV for the last 2 years and someone brought it up in a random convo you're having and you've never seen it before. After that comment, you're gonna see it often. So often, it'll be annoying.

Trying to explain peoples synchronicities as cognitive bias is disrespectful. Classic case of person who wants to sound intelligent?
So you're willing to retort disrespectfully to an opinion you think is disrespectful to you?

There was nil intent of defamation towards you. I expect none in return so therefore, what are you angry about? Simply put, as harmless as my opinion was, why did it make you react in an angrily, mockingly way towards me?
@Vulty;
It's more the way it came out, I think. A lot of people on here have this habit of making factual claims, and then no support them. Examples aren't support. As such, people get irked by the manner in which their beliefs and experiences have been dismissed.
Forgive me for not instantly believing what I see on the internet.
Hey! Neither am I! It just tends to come across a little more respectful, if you phrase it as a question Smile Just saying.