Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone into Jordan Peterson here
Being from Toronto Peterson has been the talk of the town for a while. I'm wondering how many of you have watched his lectures or interviews?
Yep, big fan here. Here's one of my favorite podcasts he is in

The Problem with Atheism

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. And I have promises to keep. Miles to go before I sleep.
What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul. * Sunny Peach Blog ミ☆ 
~*~*~Psych Butterfly~*~*~

This is an excerpt from his newest book, released this month, over the #MeToo movement (video) and about your children.

Excerpt from Peterson's 12 Rules of Life - article

Here is his newest book, it'll be such a worthy read! 

Peterson's 12 Rules of Life Book

Attached Files Image(s)

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. And I have promises to keep. Miles to go before I sleep.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Chevleia for this post:
  • Supernatural Storyteller
I met my current GF in a circuitous way because of Peterson. We both went to a lecture he gave, I saw her there and thought she was really cute but didn't talk to her then. After the Peterson Lecture I went to a bar and met some people who had seen it and we kept in touch. One of them invited me to help out with some campaigning they were doing so I agreed to. From that I was then invited to more free dinners with guest speakers and I met someone who mentioned a party that was happening the next week. At the party I once again ran into my current GF and we talked a fair about our sense of morals and belief in a god, etc, which is something that I was struggling to find in other relationships. She admitted that up until very recently she was in the leftist postmodernist trap but Peterson had basically woken her up in the last year and made her sort herself out. First sane girl I've met in years.
c
(01-21-2018, 02:00 PM)Supernatural Storyteller Wrote: I met my current GF in a circuitous way because of Peterson. We both went to a lecture he gave, I saw her there and thought she was really cute but didn't talk to her then. After the Peterson Lecture I went to a bar and met some people who had seen it and we kept in touch. One of them invited me to help out with some campaigning they were doing so I agreed to. From that I was then invited to more free dinners with guest speakers and I met someone who mentioned a party that was happening the next week. At the party I once again ran into my current GF and we talked a fair about our sense of morals and belief in a god, etc, which is something that I was struggling to find in other relationships. She admitted that up until very recently she was in the leftist postmodernist trap but Peterson had basically woken her up in the last year and made her sort herself out. First sane girl I've met in years.

Congrats! That’s a really neat way to meet someone. Wish you both the best of luck. I want to go to one of his lectures someday. That’s a dream for me.

I really respect Peterson, for his thoughts on free speech and the like. The man is quite informed. Have you seen his most recent interview? It's sort of blown up recently.
(01-21-2018, 10:34 PM)KaelisRa Wrote: I really respect Peterson, for his thoughts on free speech and the like. The man is quite informed. Have you seen his most recent interview? It's sort of blown up recently.

Yeah, I thought it was really good it allowed him to summarize a lot of his thoughts and I think he's more entertaining to watch if he's got an antagonist than someone to blow smoke up his butt. PS did you know that the term blowing smoke up your butt is based on the historical practice where they would resusitate people by taking a bellows and using it to blow smoke right up there? One of my favorite facts.
I had no clue that was where the phrase came from. Turning people into party favors...xD