Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buddhism religion looks nearest to the facts.
:Having read a lot of books on Buddhism recently and also read books like the Bible from cover to cover, my money is on Buddhism as fitting the facts, including the experiences of the supernatural. Bearing in mind  it was discovered around 500 BC, it basically  says that there are about 100, 000,000 galaxies in the universe, not the chocolate type, and each galaxy contains 31 plains of existence. We are reborn into one of these plains at death depending on our
gained or lowered level of enlightenment, due to our behaviour in our last existence. The whole universe runs on causality, of cause and effect, and is always in a state of change. Four of these plains are places of suffering, the worst is Hell where points of awareness can only suffer,one plain is that of animal experience, but the other two are very close to our present earth plain. They contain points of awareness that were human but now observe us with their desire to be back in this plain and it is these points of awareness that are contactable by psychics etc, They are like homeless people looking into houses and seeing the pleasure of those inside. Among the other plains of existence are beings in many different forms which people have been to through astral travel etc. I did have an out of body type experience and was about six feet from a figure in a white robe so I have seen this near to earth plain with my own eyes. Until we raise our enlightenment and move up to a higher plain at death, we keep being reborn into lower plains of existence .
I don't know. I respect the Buddhists. I believe some of the more faithful of them can probably be considered some of the more moral people in the world. That being said, I don't think that any one religion has all of the answers. Rather than find the one religion that fits best, why can't we try to look at all of the overlap and see how a strong moral religion looks. That amalgamated religion might become the best one for people to follow, in the end.
There's a ton of neat philosophy within Buddhism but the rest of it is rather insignificant to me.
[Image: space.gif]
I would be careful when claiming that any religion is based on factual evidence. Indeed, you included no actual 'facts' in yr post, just an explanation of Buddhist beliefs. When I hear the word 'fact,' I want at least one actual, scientifically proven, fact.

All religion is faith based and cannot be proven factually. If you feel Buddhism fits you best, cools. I'm all for it. But it's no more 'correct' than any other set of beliefs.

I notice that yr a 'newcomer' here. So am I. Can you, KaelisRa, Vultyrex and I get a group hug?

8 )
[Image: Newest%20Signature_zpsegrtkw8d.jpg]
Be careful with the "scientifically proven" language. We've already established that science doesn't work in proofs, it works in evidence. Evidence is reductionist and experiential. That means that the evidence itself can possibly be unreliable, as experience can be flawed, and reductionist requires evidence to be found before the logic is conducted. That means that an inferior logic to deduction is used to support theory.

We have to be careful about science. We also have to be careful to differentiate between religion as an institution, and religion as the spiritual life-style/belief system that is separate from the institution. The latter could potentially be reasoned, using proper deductive logic. The former is just a method through which to control the population.

Yes, I'll join in on a group hug!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to KaelisRa for this post:
  • CareTaker
(01-15-2018, 03:07 AM)Mika Wrote: I notice that yr a 'newcomer' here.  So am I.  Can you, KaelisRa, Vultyrex and I get a group hug?

8 )

On the chat sites I used to frequent we did a hug in text as parentheses or brackets, LOL.

(((KaelisRa, Vultyrex, Mika, Darkforeboding)))
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

I like hugs. Especially those comforting ones.
[Image: space.gif]
Icontexto-emoticons-03-032x032
(01-15-2018, 03:07 AM)Mika Wrote: I would be careful when claiming that any religion is based on factual evidence.  Indeed, you included no actual 'facts' in yr post, just an explanation of Buddhist beliefs.  When I hear the word 'fact,' I want at least one actual, scientifically proven, fact.

All religion is faith based and cannot be proven factually.  If you feel Buddhism fits you best, cools.  I'm all for it.  But it's no more 'correct' than any other set of beliefs.

I notice that yr a 'newcomer' here.  So am I.  Can you, KaelisRa, Vultyrex and I get a group hug?

8 )

Very good point. What I should of said is that Buddist theory is close in some ways  to supernatural theory, but when it comes to facts, it comes down to personal experience that you know to be a fact. From my own supernatural experiences I know for a fact that, among other things, the future in some way already exists, and a premonition voice, independent of my own conscious, once blasted out in my head . I still seek an explanation of what I know to be facts and not tales, and Buddhism does offer some theory on this.
Religions are fluid and open to interpretation, thus the many branches of buddhism. Judaism is an oral tradition as well as a written text and there are numerous interpretations some of which overlap with Buddhist thought sometimes. If you have only read the Bible without accompanying discussion and interpretations you are missing out. ESPECIALLY considering what constitutes translations of the Torah where on word might need twenty words to explain it and might vary wildly in different translations.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Path Is Buddhism indrid 0 1,011 08-14-2016, 09:10 PM
Last Post: indrid