Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unplugged kettle keeps switching on!
Hi something really weird is happening with my kettle and I'm trying to find out what it could be

Since last month I could hear my kettle water boil by itself. I emptied the kettle but still it carried on switching on by itself, I could hear it switch off over and over because there's no water in there, so I switched it off at the plug thinking it may be an electrical fault. To my surprise I heard it switch on and off again the next day, I waited till this happened a few times to make sure it was happening and then unplugged it completely when not in use, it didn't work! I can still hear it go on/off by itself, although not as frequently as when it's plugged in. 

Tomorrow I'm going to put water in it and keep it unplugged and see if the water boils. This is really bizarre I've no idea what's going on, any thoughts? 

I live in a tiny flat my living room and kitchen is open plan and I'm usually up really late and sleep on my sofa often so can hear anything in the kitchen, the kettle sounds have been keeping me awake, tho that's not bothering me what's bothering me is I've no idea how on earth an unplugged kettle switches on?!  Is it a ghost?
Hello and welcome to Talk Paranormal

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers
Hi, welcome to the site!

Would be a good place to set up a camera.
-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE

I agree with the mods, it is a good idea to set up a camera. Who knows what you may capture on film.
Tarantulas: i have 20 soon to be 25. Haunted places i've had the pleasure to visit: randolph county infirmary.

Short disclaimer/reminder:

It is not advised in any way to enter a property without the owners written permission. Those who trespass will likely be arrested for their actions and face prosecution, which may result in fines, community service, or worse jail. No location and potential haunting or urban legend is worth breaking the law no matter what your peers may say. 
Yes, if I had something that was happening repeatedly like that I would definitely set up a video camera if possible.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers
We used to have a lamp that flickered on and off when unplugged, something to do with stored electricity. However that was a dimmer slider, not a physical on off switch.

Funny story, in my building people often leave things outside in the hallway when we want to get rid of it, then someone else can take it and continue to make use of it. We did that with the lamp around a year ago, and a few weeks ago it returned to the hallway one night, flickering away to itself. It's also how I got my Sega Megadrive ?

If you do film it, make sure the switch is in view, cool to see if it moves or not.
"Oh! Come on! Do you think I'm a gulla-bull? Or even a gulla-calf?"