Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bit of a weird one
This morning at around 6:30, must have been just after my wife left for work, I woke up and could clearly see figures standing around my bed. The odd part is I could freely move around, not just my eyes but I could turn my head and prop myself up on one elbow to have a better look.

I could make a few of the figures out, there was that Dear David thing, and my Dad, who died in February - things I'd been thinking about a lot lately. After a minute or so I switched my lamp on and they disappeared.

I know it wasn't real so if anyone is going to try and convince me otherwise it won't help. Just want to share it because I've never had any experience like that where I had control over my body. The other thing is whenever I have had experiences with sleep paralysis that featured sinister hallucinations (I had a rather pleasant one involving cats once) I've awoken in a panic, I did not feel threatened at all by this one.
"Oh! Come on! Do you think I'm a gulla-bull? Or even a gulla-calf?"
Hiya
thank you for sharing. Why will you not accept that this could be real. With sleep paralysis your consciousness has moved to your astral body leaving your physical paralysed until you re enter and line up correctly. To manage that instead of fear that people feel just focus on your big toe to make it move, as you succeed and it moves you will be back and have full movement of the body. What you have experienced is you are awake but not wide awake. You mind was still in the theta state which is the state a medium will use to see through the veil as such. You were still waking up and by the time you turned on your light you had gone through alpha to Beta state which is fully awake. Once fully awake the vibration or frequency has changed from their vibration thus making them invisible. There is a Gamma state when we are totally focused on what we are doing. Wether you believe or not one thing is for sure the experience for you was real :-)
The secret is to BELIEVE Ghost  Spiritrealms   
Interesting, thanks for sharing. It’s good you mentioned you’ve been thinking about dear david and your father. Which just assured that it really wasn’t real.  Since the Dear David thread was talked about again (sorry Dog Smile ) it doesn’t surprise me you saw his figure. Personally, I believe what you were dreaming or even just thinking about while you were asleep manifested itself in front of your eyes when you woke up. I do agree with Spiritrealms that the experience for you, was very real and that’s all that really matters.
 The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. And I have promises to keep. Miles to go before I sleep.
What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul. * Sunny Peach Blog ミ☆ 
~*~*~Psych Butterfly~*~*~

(01-04-2018, 09:30 AM)Chevleia Wrote: Interesting, thanks for sharing. It’s good you mentioned you’ve been thinking about dear david and your father. Which just assured that it really wasn’t real.  Since the Dear David thread was talked about again (sorry Dog Smile ) it doesn’t surprise me you saw his figure. Personally, I believe what you were dreaming or even just thinking about while you were asleep manifested itself in front of your eyes when you woke up. I do agree with Spiritrealms that the experience for you, was very real and that’s all that really matters.

all thoughts are living things right :-)
Thanks for your imput everyone, but I won't accept that it can be real because it can't. Science has proven what sleep paralysis is, and why we get it, and one of the things I could see was an urban legend cooked up by a Twitter user. I'm open to believing things, but this is one of those things that has been literally proven not to be paranormal.

The point of me sharing was because I wasn't physically paralyzed, I could move as much as anyone first waking up. Thought it was a unique thing.
(01-04-2018, 12:10 PM)ThisisDog Wrote: Thanks for your imput everyone, but I won't accept that it can be real because it can't. Science has proven what sleep paralysis is, and why we get it, and one of the things I could see was an urban legend cooked up by a Twitter user. I'm open to believing things, but this is one of those things that has been literally proven not to be paranormal.

The point of me sharing was because I wasn't physically paralyzed, I could move as much as anyone first waking up. Thought it was a unique thing.

I agree it wasn't real, Dog. Though, you said you could move so it wasn't sleep paralysis, hence the paralysis. Maybe a dream of waking up  before you woke up, I've had those before.
 The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. And I have promises to keep. Miles to go before I sleep.
What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul. * Sunny Peach Blog ミ☆ 
~*~*~Psych Butterfly~*~*~

(01-04-2018, 12:10 PM)ThisisDog Wrote: Thanks for your imput everyone, but I won't accept that it can be real because it can't. Science has proven what sleep paralysis is, and why we get it, and one of the things I could see was an urban legend cooked up by a Twitter user. I'm open to believing things, but this is one of those things that has been literally proven not to be paranormal.

May I ask you ThisisDog, do you believe that astral projection exists or nope period? :-)
I'm agnostic to my core. I'm open to everything but I won't believe until I see it with my own eyes and there is no other explanation.

I did believe in Astral Projection as a kid, because once my sister ran away from home for a couple of years, and one night I woke to see her in my room, and it wasn't until she left that I could shout my parents. At first I believed she was dead, and I'd seen her ghost, then I learned of Projection and thought, as she is Wiccan, that she had done that to visit me. However I learned a while after that that was my first taste of sleep paralysis. We reconnected with my sister and I spoke to her of this, and it is something she has never tried.
Well you can prove it to yourself but it takes a lot of work and focus to achieve. I am not talking drugs I am saying through hard work. The problem is if you have no belief in the first place you will fail. Like a boxer going into a ring if he doesn't believe he will win then more than likely he wont. So science can say its imagination right. Well imagination is made up. So if u went to bed and got somebody to put a playing card face up on top of a cupboard so that you cannot see it. Surely if you felt you exited your body and made your way to the cupboard had a look on top of the cupboard at the card, came back returned to your body and wrote it down. Then went and checked on the real card and found that it was the same would that not be proof to yourself. Science has its place but doesn't always get things right. The world was flat right, no such thing as the human aura, but what do they say now. What i am saying is to find truth you have to be a free thinker. A simple thing I have said at a lecture is all put your hands up if you know fire burns. The whole audience does so. I then say keep your hands up if you have actually burned yourself with a flame. Well lots of hands go down. So I ask how can you know if you havent experienced it. We are so conditioned from birth that it becomes the norm. Please dont think i am lecturing you, I just know there is so much more out there and unfortunately things of this nature are not just black and white. For me to project is as real as you typing at your keyboard. It took me 17 years to do but boy it is amazing. You say your sister is wiccan and she said she didnt project. Well you can project unknowingly without recall. Just an interesting debate.
What you've done there is explain the concept of proof, which I was already familiar with, but not how to actually prove anything.

Also your debate here is flawed. Yes, the earth was flat until science proved it spherical. That's arguing my point, I'll believe things when proven. With the aura thing, it's not exactly what was described in spiritual texts, it's more like every living thing gives off an electromagnetic field, and those who believed in auras have decided that's what it is. Whatever, it exists, that's proven.

As for the fire thing. Why don't you ask if any of those people have seen things burnt by fire? Because 100% of them will have.

It's fine that you believe this stuff, but it's also fine that I don't. And yet you seem to need others to think the same as you. So thanks for "not" lecturing me. If you can drop in tonight and tell my what's hanging off my car keys, I'll believe you. Until then, let's give it a rest shall we?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ThisisDog for this post:
  • Chevleia