Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something repeating after me
I live by myself and was in the bathroom yesterday evening around 11:30pm. My boyfriend is a foreigner and I am trying to teach him some of my language. Thinking about that I started making one of the specific letters (sounds) "Šššššš" and it appeared to me that as soon as I stopped something mimicked me, so I did it again and there it was again! I tried to brush it off as a coincidence (boiler was running) so I did it agan just to get the same response. Then I got super uneasy and stopped, listening if it was maybe the boiler sound that will repeat or maybe the kids in up or down bathroom from mine, but nothing. Boiler was making different sounds from that one and there was no sound of anyone else upstairs or downstairs even though I was too quiet to be heard outside. 
Although I have had interest in the paranormal for years, I tried to rationalise this as much as I can. 

The most interesting thing is that it was a guys voice and it correctly repeated the sound and the length of the sound I was making. 

Any idea what it was? Any similar experiences?

Thank you.
audio pareidolia
http://hearinglosshelp.com/blog/apopheni...-syndrome/
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Here is a thread that may be of interest to you:

Ever Hear Your Name Whispered On The Wind?

http://www.talkparanormal.com/thread-2580.html

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers
(01-03-2018, 02:56 AM)pe173 Wrote: I live by myself and was in the bathroom yesterday evening around 11:30pm. My boyfriend is a foreigner and I am trying to teach him some of my language. Thinking about that I started making one of the specific letters (sounds) "Šššššš" and it appeared to me that as soon as I stopped something mimicked me, so I did it again and there it was again! I tried to brush it off as a coincidence (boiler was running) so I did it agan just to get the same response. Then I got super uneasy and stopped, listening if it was maybe the boiler sound that will repeat or maybe the kids in up or down bathroom from mine, but nothing. Boiler was making different sounds from that one and there was no sound of anyone else upstairs or downstairs even though I was too quiet to be heard outside. 
Although I have had interest in the paranormal for years, I tried to rationalise this as much as I can. 

The most interesting thing is that it was a guys voice and it correctly repeated the sound and the length of the sound I was making. 

Any idea what it was? Any similar experiences?

Thank you.

I have experienced whistling. Some do this on investigations to try to get a response. It was actually the first time I have seen that done. I thought maybe it was a set up but it was very clear.  I Just whistled a 3 note tune waited for a few seconds and it was repeated. Not tinnitus as another reply has mentioned i actually suffer with that. I am talking about a mimicking of the whistled tune.  Also I am not somebody gullible that accepts any little thing as is. To add to that another 8 people in the room heard the same and we repeated it several times. I have 29 years of experience with all sorts of paranormal things. Once you have covered any natural phenomena Ie maybe a simple echoe, hubby winding you up etc and come up with zero that is when it is more probable to be coming from another plane :-)
The secret is to BELIEVE Ghost  Spiritrealms   
(01-03-2018, 05:12 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: audio pareidolia
http://hearinglosshelp.com/blog/apopheni...-syndrome/

You sure, UnR? You sure he shouldn't go and get the proper check-ups done, instead?

Forget it, either side that deserves it gets this wonderful link tagged on to the end of my targeted reply xD

Our Responsibility to the Community: A Cry for Change

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Repeating Nightmare. Drangelon 5 2,039 08-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Last Post: AzureAnkh