Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paranormal tourism: Fun or fraud?
Labeling a location “haunted” is silly and borders on fraud. Ghost stories are stories. Unexplained or unnerving experiences that any individuals have reported in the past can not be confirmed. Once in a while, a historic tragedy can be confirmed at a precise location but a critical point is ignored: NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THAT GHOSTS EXIST! So, to say so matter-of-factly that a spirit lingers there that causes a visitor to get the heebie-jeebies is unreasonable speculation. Even if there are long-standing legends of strange events occurring at some location, to suggest that a place is haunted just to freak people out is contemptible.

Many of these ghost tours plant a seed in your mind and just by being fed a story tour guests will think they experience what was planted.
https://skeptoid.com/blog/2011/07/26/par...l_tourism/
I find a lot of it to be in bad taste.
It bugs me when you have people traipsing through a cemetery looking for ghosts, showing little respect.

Myrtles Plantation cashing in on ghost stories of a slave named Chloe. It just annoys me.

You can demonstrate that ghosts are real just as easily as you could prove that love is real. There are things that can not be put under a microscope or hooked up to a meter to prove they are real.

I have had it proven to me beyond any shadow of doubt that ghost are "real". I do not know what they are and do not claim that they are the spirits of our dead loved ones, demons, inter-dimensional beings, or any other label. Could I prove it to you? No, I can not, nor am I interested in doing so. I am a huge skeptic and hardly believe anything that I can not see or prove (to myself).

HOWEVER, It is my opinion that all those ghost tours are nothing more than scams that prey upon folks desires to experience something paranormal.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers