Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did I encounter?
This happened over 20 years ago after me and my second husband got married and we are still together.
My husband was a trucker and he would leave home for a week come home for a few days and leave again and I always hated him having to do that job I would miss him so much.
Once a few days after he left my oldest daughter was at her dads and it was just me at the house I was missing everyone.To keep my mind from thinking about everyone and missing them so much I decided to clean house it was late at night and cleaning baking always put me in a better mood.I was picking up the front room and it wasn't really dirty I just tidied up dusting putting things in their right place yadda yadda.I was putting things away and off the front room was a long hallway I started walking down the hallway and stopped .I seen this thing it rolled in front of me it looked just like a hedgehog spikes and all about the size of a Chihuahua .It stopped rolling in front of me looked at me abruptly just jerked his head my way his eyes were glowing red it looked like it was trying to speak and then it stopped trying.Then he turned his head and rolled off into the wall.A few days later my husband came home and I decided not to tell him I was afraid he would think I was crazy.The next day my friends came over like they always did on the weekend everyone loved where I lived and loved to come visit they left later that night.A few weeks passed my husband was home and I decided to tell him that I saw the hedgehog thing.I didn't know how to tell him so I just started slowly stuttering at first I never stutter I was just nervous then I blurted it out.I braced myself expecting him to say he was worried about my sanity but he didn't .He told me that that the weekend everyone was over and left my good friend had called after she went home and said ..When she pulled out of the driveway she had seen these creatures in my yard and described to him the same thing I had seen it scared her.I have never told anyone what I saw before I told my husband and I don't drink or do drugs neither did my friends.
Maybe study false memory and fantasy prone personalities
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
(12-19-2017, 09:13 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: Maybe study false memory and fantasy prone personalities

How could two different people have the same false memory and the same fantasy prone personalities? What would cause the false memories anyways?

As to the OP I am not sure what you and your friend seen but I would start looking into the history of the land and the house as well as asking around about the inhabits before you.
http://www.bestofalltopics.com Where any thing is possible

Have a Paranormal Question? Submit it here and get the answers.

http://www.paranormalqa.com

Be-careful what you wish for because you just might get it
(12-25-2017, 11:31 AM)Booger-boo Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 09:13 AM)UglyNRude Wrote: Maybe study false memory and fantasy prone personalities

How could two different people have the same false memory and the same fantasy prone personalities? What would cause the false memories anyways?

As to the OP I am not sure what you and your friend seen but I would start looking into the history of the land and the house as well as asking around about the inhabits before you.

Shared psychotic disorder, or folie à deux, is a rare delusional disorder shared by 2 or, occasionally, more people with close emotional ties. ... Two people share the same delusion or delusional system and support one another in this belief. They have an unusually close relationship.

or one influenced the other by planting the thought.
The OP clearly stated that she had not told anyone of this encounter. The illness you are speaking of is a rare thing and due to this why you state that this is could be the reason for the encounter?
http://www.bestofalltopics.com Where any thing is possible

Have a Paranormal Question? Submit it here and get the answers.

http://www.paranormalqa.com

Be-careful what you wish for because you just might get it
I wrote about this before so I wont go into detail right now but there was a time when I was hearing activity downstairs (music and voices) I turned to my wife (my ex-wife now FORTUNATELY but that is beside the point) and asked her "Do you hear something?" she said "Yes!" I asked her "What do you hear?" She told me what she was hearing and it was the same exact thing that I was hearing. I did not plant anything in her mind or tell her anything. My only, and exact, words were "Do you hear something?"

Both of us were hearing the same exact things. Big band music, a crowd of people talking, and a man and woman arguing and yelling at each other.

Do you think we were sharing a delusion or false memory?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers
Electronic devices picking up RF, speakers, box fans etc, etc. have been known to pick up radio. So its not the same thing.
(12-25-2017, 12:13 PM)UglyNRude Wrote: Electronic devices picking up RF, speakers, box fans etc, etc. have been known to pick up radio. So its not the same thing.

There was nothing like that going on but I am not interested in trying to convince you of what happened along with all of the other events in that house. You are making assumptions based upon just knowing part of the story. But that is ok I do understand. I would have a difficult time believing it myself and really do not expect others to believe it.

At the same time I find the OPs story hard to believe and I do understand your suggestions. I have no explanation for the "hedgehog" looking things but I definitely believe that not everything can be easily explained. Some people think that everything is paranormal, others think that everything is mental illness and some fall somewhere in between. So it is possible that there was some sort of delusion, but I dont think it likely.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. ~ Terry Pratchett

The Paranormal Beliefs Survey  ~^*White face*^~  Paranormal Questions & Answers