Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I haunted/have an attachment? Need help
First, let's get this out of the way: I do not have animals. I am not suffering from sleep-deprived hallucinations. I don't drink or do drugs of any kind (no prescription meds either). I don't suffer from psychoses. The homes I have lived in were either new construction or in very good condition (no leaks, creaks, rodents, etc.). I am a happy, healthy, well-educated professional that is not given to superstition or silly stories. I'm also not blind, deaf, nor ignorant. I've come to terms that these "things" may not have a reasonable explanation. This has been going on for many years, coming and going with no rhyme or reason, regardless of my emotional state. I am usually being awaken at 3am with knocking on doors, my very heavy bed being shaken or by "thrumming" on the bed posts, sounds of pictures on walls scraping because they're being moved, my jewellery (necklaces) being handled. There's a glass candle holder on my bedside table that has decorative rocks in it. Occasionally I am awakened by the sound of someone dropping the rocks a few at a time back into the glass holder. Once when I got up to use the bathroom, something yanked the door knob right out of my hand, slamming the door shut. Other times there's scratching on the bathroom door. A heavy fog or mist has clung to the ceiling, slowly making its way out to the hall and then dissipating. Yes, most occurrences are at night, but plenty are during the day as well. Shadowy figures peering over the loft or around corners, the feeling of someone passing very close to me as I was cooking in the kitchen (you know that feeling when someone has entered your space?), turning off the hall light at the bottom of the stairs only to have them turned back on at the top. An extremely loud noise (think: huge phone book dropped from 6 feet onto a tile floor type-sound) came from another room. My son and I ran to see what happened/fell over. Nothing was there, but the room was cold. These are only a few of the things I have experienced. I've dealt with this for a long time by just ignoring and refusing to feed it with any kind of attention/fear/energy. But lately I've grown weary of the disturbances and feel they are getting too frequent and personal. Last night I actual felt something on my bed. That's enough. I'm here looking for help. Am I haunted? Have an attachment? Just sensitive? How do I stop it? Also of note: I am of native American descent. While I don't identify with the mystical beliefs of my ancestors, I do wonder if it may play a role here.
Hey elemenop, I'd like to start by saying: You're name is awesome! xD

A lot of people will probably be ready to jump on either side of this train and start throwing links and recommendations to doctors out there. I'm somewhat of a more inquisitive person. It isn't so much that I don't believe you or anything, it's just that the best way to determine whether or not you have anything to do with what happens. The way you've put it, this has been happening over an elapsed period of time. Even if everyone were to take it at face value and direct you to act a certain way, it would still take time to evaluate and determine what it really is that's haunting you. So, you should be fine to continue "not feeding it" with the same attention/fear etc. If it is a haunting, you're pretty smart to believe that these things feed and grow with those types of energies, so take your time and maybe do what I'd recommend next.

Go to the dollar store and buy a journal or pad of paper. When these events occur, write down everything you can examine about the situation and its circumstances. Write down: what happened, where it happened, who was around, how you felt because of it, how you felt just before it happened, whether or not you caught yourself not breathing what you have going on that day, that week, anything you might be worrying about over that span...etc.

You might not realize, but people tend to freeze and stop breathing in moments of duress. This can lead to a number of effects, simply by the lack of oxygen entering blood vessels and being carried to the brain. If you can forget to breathe (which is a natural life-giving process), you can also be unaware of other factors in your life that could contribute to these events. In no fault of your own, you could genuinely not notice what is really affecting you. As a result, any supernatural help might not do anything and you'll worry why. Or you'll go to the doctor and they'll say you're perfectly fine, which could lead you to believe more of something supernatural. Whereas reality could be something incredibly simple, yet overlooked.

Smile Hope I could help any. If you have any questions about what I'm saying, don't hesitate to ask. If there anything you don't want to publicly share, there's always pms. Happy hunting!!!
(12-09-2017, 05:48 PM)KaelisRa Wrote: Hey elemenop, I'd like to start by saying: You're name is awesome! xD

A lot of people will probably be ready to jump on either side of this train and start throwing links and recommendations to doctors out there. I'm somewhat of a more inquisitive person. It isn't so much that I don't believe you or anything, it's just that the best way to determine whether or not you have anything to do with what happens. The way you've put it, this has been happening over an elapsed period of time. Even if everyone were to take it at face value and direct you to act a certain way, it would still take time to evaluate and determine what it really is that's haunting you. So, you should be fine to continue "not feeding it" with the same attention/fear etc. If it is a haunting, you're pretty smart to believe that these things feed and grow with those types of energies, so take your time and maybe do what I'd recommend next.

Go to the dollar store and buy a journal or pad of paper. When these events occur, write down everything you can examine about the situation and its circumstances. Write down: what happened, where it happened, who was around, how you felt because of it, how you felt just before it happened, whether or not you caught yourself not breathing what you have going on that day, that week, anything you might be worrying about over that span...etc.

You might not realize, but people tend to freeze and stop breathing in moments of duress. This can lead to a number of effects, simply by the lack of oxygen entering blood vessels and being carried to the brain. If you can forget to breathe (which is a natural life-giving process), you can also be unaware of other factors in your life that could contribute to these events. In no fault of your own, you could genuinely not notice what is really affecting you. As a result, any supernatural help might not do anything and you'll worry why. Or you'll go to the doctor and they'll say you're perfectly fine, which could lead you to believe more of something supernatural. Whereas reality could be something incredibly simple, yet overlooked.

Smile Hope I could help any. If you have any questions about what I'm saying, don't hesitate to ask. If there anything you don't want to publicly share, there's always pms. Happy hunting!!!

Thanks for the input! I work in the medical field so considering hypoxic episodes was one of the first scenarios to rule in or out. Since events have taken place during sex with my husband as well as while on the treadmill, I think we can safely assume that a lack of oxygen was the not the cause of the perceived event.

I do journal (have for years), as I have an undying love of the written word. I've never been able to find a pattern in the occurrences. Things happen with no respect to emotional atmosphere. Good days, bad days, during dinner parties, birthday celebrations, during regular, boring, mid-week afternoons. No pattern.
Well, there you go. My only real input has already been ruled out. My expertise isn't found in the medical. I only thought to consider that because I'm fairly physically active and like to make note of what occurs at my different stages of exhaustion.

A bit more of a scary thought to entertain: Have you considered the possibility that someone actually is peering over lofts and around corners? It doesn't answer the way things right beside you have been ethereally moving in the night, but there have been plenty of incidences where unwanted residents have taken certain liberties in home-owners' attics.

Again, this is merely in an effort to rule out as many possibilities as possible.
(12-09-2017, 08:29 PM)KaelisRa Wrote: Well, there you go. My only real input has already been ruled out. My expertise isn't found in the medical. I only thought to consider that because I'm fairly physically active and like to make note of what occurs at my different stages of exhaustion.

A bit more of a scary thought to entertain: Have you considered the possibility that someone actually is peering over lofts and around corners? It doesn't answer the way things right beside you have been ethereally moving in the night, but there have been plenty of incidences where unwanted residents have taken certain liberties in home-owners' attics.

Again, this is merely in an effort to rule out as many possibilities as possible.

Wow! Truly scary thought, but no, no squatters living in the attic! We've since moved from that house, but the events still continue. I do appreciate your feedback though. I have often found that when I'm stuck, gaining another's perspective is invaluable. Thank you Smile
Most happen when you are sleeping or awakening.... a parasomnia event. You do not need to be sleep deprived to experience it.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Well, I'm one of those stupid people that would run a gamble in this situation. I'm sure there would be people that were against this idea, but I would personally set up a camera and check to see if things were to randomly stop. If they don't, you have video proof.

Profit:
  • You get to see exactly what is happening.
  • Mere presence of a camera could discourage it from happening.
  • Inversely, the presence of a camera could aggravate the situation, and verify a paranormal encounter.
  • Best-case scenario: You make a lot of money, because there is a bounty out for verifiable evidence of the supernatural.

Risks:
  • You get to see exactly what is happening. (Scary thought)
  • You verify the supernatural, which causes an increase of negative energy (via fear) in your household.
  • ...don't watch Paranormal Activity, because you might scare yourself if you find out what you have is real.

Again, I'd put it up. I'm also told I have a cat's personality. So....good luck Smile Please post the vids! Blurred faces/etc. Don't want to invade too much privacy there haha.
Also, the amount of work to find something in the videos could also be indicative of your problem. So, this really could end up really helping you.
(12-09-2017, 09:18 PM)KaelisRa Wrote: Well, I'm one of those stupid people that would run a gamble in this situation. I'm sure there would be people that were against this idea, but I would personally set up a camera and check to see if things were to randomly stop. If they don't, you have video proof.

Profit:
  • You get to see exactly what is happening.
  • Mere presence of a camera could discourage it from happening.
  • Inversely, the presence of a camera could aggravate the situation, and verify a paranormal encounter.
  • Best-case scenario: You make a lot of money, because there is a bounty out for verifiable evidence of the supernatural.

Risks:
  • You get to see exactly what is happening. (Scary thought)
  • You verify the supernatural, which causes an increase of negative energy (via fear) in your household.
  • ...don't watch Paranormal Activity, because you might scare yourself if you find out what you have is real.

Again, I'd put it up. I'm also told I have a cat's personality. So....good luck Smile Please post the vids! Blurred faces/etc. Don't want to invade too much privacy there haha.
Also, the amount of work to find something in the videos could also be indicative of your problem. So, this really could end up really helping you.

Thanks for the ideas. I've never seen the Paranormal Activity movies because strangely enough, I've never had an interest in the paranormal. Not even in my movie taste.

Even though my husband is well aware of the situation, I do not think he'd agree that setting up cameras would be the best course of action. If I decide to though, I'll probably only record on the nights that he's working or during the days that I'm working from home, alone. And yes, I'll post (scrubbed) footage if I get anything interesting Smile
You could try a sleep talk app for your phone. If there are sounds like rocks dropping into the candle holder and other sounds you say you hear, it should be recorded without have no to set up video cameras.
I would say to record however way you can when these experiences occur. Once you have solid evidence, you can show it to a professional. While you can run the risk (and money) of a psychic or medium, it won’t give you concrete answers. I do hope you have updates to your situation and I doo hope hearing from you soon! Best wishes Blue Angel
 The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. And I have promises to keep. Miles to go before I sleep. 
~*~*~Psych Butterfly~*~*~