Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ghost?
Out of nowhere a couple of days ago, my dog started acting strange at times. Basically, he's growling or barking at "nothing." I've had him since he was a puppy (he's 8 now) and so I know his normal behavior and when something is off. He NEVER growls or barks unless someone new comes to the house. The couple of times it's happened over the past couple of days, I immediately thought he sensed something or someone I couldn't see but told myself I was being silly. We have lived in the same house for over 20 years and I haven't had anyone pass recently so it didn't make sense. What got me though was last night I was in the bathroom with the door mostly shut ( it just wasn't "clicked" close) when it opened up about a foot by itself. Once again, I've lived in this house my whole life and know what's normal and this door NEVER opens by itself ( it actually, if anything, will close by itself if a window is open). So, I peeked out through the opening of xpecting to see my dog there but he was sitting in the living room on the couch and just looked up at me. I then pushed the bathroom door open all of the way (so now my dog can see in the bathroom) and he immediately barked while looking behind me in the bathroom. To say this was unusual for him is an understatement. Any ideas anyone? Why would a ghost or spirit appear for no reason? Am I just looking into it too much ch?
Ghosts have never been proven to exist so lets look at why dogs suddenly bark. Hear or smell an intruder outside the home? or as the weather gets colder the intruders that move into your home, mice?

start by determining what type bark it is.
https://www.petsafe.net/learn/10-transla...-is-saying
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Hello Jennegan,

In your place I would not worry me.

Why?

let's assume that it is something paranormal, so it would be in my opinion the best not to respond emotionally. At some point it would stop, because in the long run the energy investment of the being would be higher than the yield this beeing get and no beeing can does it permanently.

These beings need energy in the form of emotions and thoughts, and the higher they are, the more lucrative they are.
Take a look at the stories in the forum and you will find that the more emotional the people react, the more powerful and last longer the phenomenas become.

Assuming it is not paranormal, then I would certainly not respond to it, but consider it as an unfortunate circumstance.

Maybe at most let the dog examine.

I know this explanation does not include anything "magical", nothing "chosen from the other side" or anything like that. It's just "energy found" and "energy stolen", bad luck.

Of course I'm not in the position to tell you that you have to believe me. But it's worth a try. Ultimately, it's up to you how far you believe me.

Best regards
(11-08-2017, 11:17 AM)Jennegan Wrote: Out of nowhere a couple of days ago, my dog started acting strange at times. Basically, he's growling or barking at "nothing." I've had him since he was a puppy (he's 8 now) and so I know his normal behavior and when something is off. He NEVER growls or barks unless someone new comes to the house. The couple of times it's happened over the past couple of days, I immediately thought he sensed something or someone I couldn't see but told myself I was being silly. We have lived in the same house for over 20 years and I haven't had anyone pass recently so it didn't make sense. What got me though was last night I was in the bathroom with the door mostly shut ( it just wasn't "clicked" close) when it opened up about a foot by itself. Once again, I've lived in this house my whole life and know what's normal and this door NEVER opens by itself ( it actually, if anything, will close by itself if a window is open). So, I peeked out through the opening of xpecting to see my dog there but he was sitting in the living room on the couch and just looked up at me. I then pushed the bathroom door open all of the way (so now my dog can see in the bathroom) and he immediately barked while looking behind me in the bathroom. To say this was unusual for him is an understatement. Any ideas anyone? Why would a ghost or spirit appear for no reason? Am I just looking into it too much ch?

First off, welcome to the forum

And secondly, aside from the dog factor, and like Kilian say; let's just assume that this is a paranormal occurence...

'They', are everywhere all around us. And they don't have to always be the spirit of deceased person. Some of them, are just alive, like the rest of us living humans.

Leave the spirit of deceased person alone, mostly they're too weak to even lift their own finger against you-literally.

It's these living entities you should concern yourself with.

These living entities, can go anywhere they like, while the spirit of deceased person are most likely bound to the place of their death for some reason.

Most of us can't feel or see them, and only a handful of us can feel and/or even see them (I know that there're some people out there, and they don't feel very convenient with that fact, but that's just the way it is. Don't ask me as to why some of us can see them while some of the rest can't, because I don't know why myself).

If you're one who can see them, you'll see that your place is actually full of their activities. Heck, you could just have built your house on top of one of their gathering sites...

Some of these living entities, might chose to stay in your place and call it their home (because perhaps it's already their 'home' since long time a go, before you came in), while some of the rest are just wanderers; they come and go, just like that. So I'd say there's always something new in the hood, if you know what I mean. It's something 'normal' if I may say.

There're two types of them living entities; positive and negative. Positive entities' energies are mostly in harmony with our own energy, so mostly, we can't even feel their presence at all. But positive entities are no threat for us, they're just like 'good neighbors' for us and tend to leave us alone with our business. Our spirit guides and protectors, are among them.

It's the negative entities that mostly feed on our emotions & thoughts, and will try anything to do so, including in it, by indulging our fantasies. They feed on our fear, lust, sorrow, anger, curiosity, obsession, arrogance, and even sometimes, happiness. Thus, there's a saying among my people that if you laugh, don't laugh too loud, if you're sad, hold your tears, and if you're angry, lock your mouth shut.

So again, like Kilian say; let's assume that this is something paranormal, do not respond it emotionally. Don't make it personal, don't give them enough reason to come any closer to you.

My opinion only, that is

Good luck to you
Perhaps your dog is not feeling well or maybe having issues with his sight or even senility (hopefully not).

I don’t have an answer for the door other than it could be from the house settling or another normal reason. My son’s bedroom door is really hard to close all the way during the summer but once the humidity get lower the door shuts easily. I guess the wood expands with the heat and humidity.