Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosts, Real or Fake?
Rolleyes 
I am doing a project in college about the paranormal, can you tell me if and why you think ghosts are real. Also if you have had any encounters with the paranormal could you write about it. Thank you.
They exist in peoples minds, beliefs, delusions, perceptions.
Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
Hello NIP98,

I do not know if something similar exists in America.
But maybe the following will additional help you:

There is a parapsychological counseling center in Germany. Above all, academics work there.

For example, the current leader is a psychologist and a physicist.

The interesting thing is that they have a archive that has grown over the decades with many investigated (investigated directly on the spot by academics) cases, also across Europe. As far as I know there are also treatises in English.

The institute is financially supported by the German state and also runs projects to research parapsychology.

Write them, I think they can send you info material.

Is it allowed to post the adress?

info@parapsychologische-beratungsstelle.de

If not please remove the email address.

Best regards
I believe in the possibility of them, I believe that I have had paranormal experiences that I couldn't otherwise explain, but until proof is presented I can't whole heartedly say that I solidly believe they exist. It's actually this forum that has turned me sceptical because other people's stories are so easy to debunk.
"Oh! Come on! Do you think I'm a gulla-bull? Or even a gulla-calf?"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think the ouija board is real or fake? mikee899 5 2,485 01-18-2017, 09:47 PM
Last Post: KyBeliever
  Why don't ghosts show there selves for everyone to see they are real? guineap1g 17 11,397 10-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Bean Sidhe