Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possession causing mental illness
So long story short, I was possessed from a Ouija board for 5 years. It's been 4 years since I had the spirit out of my body, and 9 years since I got it. I'd rather not share too many details simply since that's not why I'm here. I want to talk to someone else who is in a similar situations as me. I started getting schizo-type symptoms within a week of being possessed. I've gotten better over all the years, but I'm at the end of my rope. I stopped improving.

Depression kicked in around a year after being possessed, once I was mentally stable enough to realize the position I was in.

I haven't spoken to the spirit since I got it out of my body. I have a hunch that's the last thing I haven't done.

The biggest thing I'm looking for with this post is for someone to talk to and hear their story and how possession affected them. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Couldn't you also say mental illness causes possession?
(08-25-2017, 05:29 PM)UglyNRude Wrote: Couldn't you also say mental illness causes possession?

Beats me, that's not what happened to me. I was perfectly normal before. Cringey high school freshman, but mentally healthy.
(08-25-2017, 05:02 PM)Anonymous1337 Wrote: So long story short, I was possessed from a Ouija board for 5 years. It's been 4 years since I had the spirit out of my body, and 9 years since I got it. I'd rather not share too many details simply since that's not why I'm here. I want to talk to someone else who is in a similar situations as me. I started getting schizo-type symptoms within a week of being possessed. I've gotten better over all the years, but I'm at the end of my rope. I stopped improving.

Depression kicked in around a year after being possessed, once I was mentally stable enough to realize the position I was in.

I haven't spoken to the spirit since I got it out of my body. I have a hunch that's the last thing I haven't done.

The biggest thing I'm looking for with this post is for someone to talk to and hear their story and how possession affected them. If you have any questions, please let me know.

hello,

I pretty much had the same thing happen to me...though by experimenting with EVP...not a Ouija Board..though I do know others that got it that way...and from other means as well...it's all opening yourself up to whatever really

I've been dealing with it for almost 3 years now

on and off...I keep a journal/blog......here its....let me know if some of this sounds familiar

http://spiritoppression.blogspot.com/

take care
I'll take a look, thanks.
Sorry to hear this negative experience happened to you.

I've had spirits tell me not to operate the board when tired or ill as it leaves you vulnerable. My question is - prior to possession were you tired or ill when operating the board? The reason I ask is it is very difficult for a spirit to possess you. It can take weeks/months of concentrated force. Kind of like shooting a 3 pointer from the other side of the field.

I've experimented with voluntary possession (getting a spirit to possess you) and never experienced these side effects. And even when it is voluntary, it is still hit and miss.

How did you get the spirit to come out of you? Did it just leave after a random time? Why?

I am interested to understand your experiences, i've used ouija boards for around 10 years and never had any spirit act like this before so it must have been a very rare occurence.

Anonymous1337,

if it's like my situation (as described with in my previous blog link)...with the constant voices and the physical sensations/disturbances....it's not that rare...at least I know it's happening every year to people....since it started for me I've met probably about a dozen others who also got hit with it from some form of spirit communication since 2014.....I don't think it's so much the means ie: the board as just the spirit communication in general....because I've met people who have developed this same condition from doing EVP like me, Spirit Boxes, Automatic Writing, using Pendulums....even meditation....in my opinion..I think it's something about some of us having "thinner blinders" to whatever unseen things are close to us dimensionally ...they get in our perception range quicker than most which puts certain people at higher risk...most of the cases I've seen..the person established contact with some entity or entities pretty quickly and then became hooked or obsessed with spirit communication...I was only doing EVP for 2 months before I got hit...but once I started getting steady contact on practically every recording....yeah...I confess it became something of an obsession for me and I was doing EVP sessions practically every night for those two months....letting them get into my perception range or such more and more as time went on until they were in and sprung the trap...of course they lured me in my being all benevolent seeming at first....it's a classic Trojan Horse set up.

but on the other hand...I recently met someone who was doing EVP for 8 years before they got hit ..so you just never know.....it's always a gamble
@TheOne, I imagine that's the case; it is rare. Though this didn't take days or weeks, it took less than an hour, maybe even 30 minutes. It spelled out the alphabet over and over again. I said goodbye, put the board away, and my hand moved to the board which was under my other arm. From then on I shared my body and mind with someone else. That's what caused the mental illness. The spirit also had similar things happen to him. He was a little kid, so he was extremely immature and would spell put very silly things. he communicated to me via writing letters in the air, similar to how the board worked. Eventually, after 5 years of being possessed, I met the most amazing group of spiritual friends who could figure out how to get the spirit out of me and back into the board. So we ended doing that, and boom, no more possession. The spirit actually helped immensely with the preparation. At this point, he would only answer yes and no questions. He wanted out so bad, though. If you want to be possessed, be prepared. It ruined my life and could easily ruin someone else's. It wasnt too hard to get the spirit out of me, but I wish it had never happened.

@jerseyguy, my experiences are very different. I was permanently (well, before my ceremony of course) tied to one spirit who would talk to me through my body. I couldnt hear his voice, so he always spoke to me through typing, texting, writing, but mostly writing letters in the air. Even when he wasn't moving part(s) of my body, I could always feel him there, in my left arm, since that was the hand that was using the board. Alone. I became the new board essentially.
Hello Anonymous1337,

I hear such events as you describe my half life.

It is always the same:

"Hello my name is ...

and after I tried Quija I became trouble ... after the years i become mentally chipped ... and so on"

Let me tell you another theory and how far you believe me is your thing:

Every time when you call an entity over the Quija-Board it feeds on your energy. More accurate on your mental energy.

I dont know what this is for energy, I only know without this energy you became more aggressive, more credulous and you even look older as you are.

You can not prevent that, because you are not strong enough.

It is an illusion that you can control this entity, the entity controls you and you even do not notice it, till it is to late.

Normally this entities didn't notice us until we get their attention. For example over the Quija-Board.

I can also tell you what will be happen at next:

You will get paranoia and think everyone is against you, everyone is your enemy. You will lose all your friends, your family because they didn't understand you why you are so aggressive.

And after a while suicide? I don't know.
But it happens often enough.

It is your decision in which can not intervene: Don't use this board any more!

After one or two years you become normal again (I hope so).

If not good luck you will need it.

Sorry for my english, english is not my mother tongue. But this topic is the same, no matter which country, no matter which language.

Best regards
Lets see... perfectly healthy then suddenly developed your issue. Lets look at the age 15... coincidentally the same age range known for the onset of schizophrenia. Schizophrenia usually takes hold after puberty. Most people are diagnosed in their late teens to early 30s.
Your brain changes and develops a lot during puberty. These shifts might trigger the disease in people who are at risk for it.

Some scientists believe it has to do with development in an area of the brain called the frontal cortex. Others think it has to do with too many connections between nerve cells being eliminated as the brain matures.

Hormones also play a major role in puberty. One theory is that women get schizophrenia later than men because they go through puberty earlier and the hormone estrogen might somehow protect them.

The wanting to put the blame on a childs game? Its been shown what causes the planchette movement

Why do you think there are so many rewards unclaimed for proof of paranormal?

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.