Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can Satan read our thoughts?
06-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Can Satan read our thoughts?
Can Satan read humans' thoughts? Most Christians say no. However, I think certain evidence from spirit mediums and channels would indicate that perhaps demonic beings can in fact read our thoughts. I'm not sure if there is anything in the Bible that states or indicates that this is not possible- of course, not in the all knowing way as God does, but in a more limited way, targeting an individual and accessing their mind. I think if demons can possess a person and influence their thoughts and their body, the ability to know the person's thoughts isn't so far fetched.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2017, 12:03 PM
RE: Can Satan read our thoughts?
An old post addressing this.
http://www.talkparanormal.com/showthread.php?tid=3678
06-25-2017, 02:32 PM
(06-25-2017 12:03 PM)UglyNRude Wrote:  An old post addressing this.
http://www.talkparanormal.com/showthread.php?tid=3678

Thanks Smile
07-07-2017, 12:31 AM
This is how I see it.

The only devil we need be concerned about is that part of our self that would have us disobey our conscience.

All detrimental influence comes in via that.
07-07-2017, 07:56 AM
Since any demons you can conjure come from your own psyche, and you know everything about you...sure.
07-07-2017, 08:01 AM
(06-25-2017 11:55 AM)I Am Dude Wrote:  Can Satan read humans' thoughts? Most Christians say no.

I'm not sure that I agree with you that "[m]ost Christians say no.' Why would so many believe there are people that have ESP and yet think that the being considered the second most powerful being in universe couldn't?

Either way most human minds aren't difficult to guess what thoughts cross our minds at times. If a beautiful girl goes by a guy generally desires her. If someone sees an advertisement for a delicious food they will want it. Most everyone wishes for money, love, and acceptance. In the book Hannibal Lecter could figure out motivations, why would we think Satan couldn't?

-DFB

Subject: I have a black cat.
Believer: Black cats are bad luck.
Non-believer: It's just a cat.
Crackpot: Black cats are part of the New World Order government conspiracy.
Skeptic: I can test if black cats are more or less lucky than another cat.
Cynic: You only have a black cat to gain power and prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iIf4tFoyE
07-13-2017, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2017 12:26 PM by I Am Dude.)
(07-07-2017 07:56 AM)ChaosRose Wrote:  Since any demons you can conjure come from your own psyche, and you know everything about you...sure.

How do you know demons don't exist?
(07-07-2017 08:01 AM)Darkforeboding Wrote:  
(06-25-2017 11:55 AM)I Am Dude Wrote:  Can Satan read humans' thoughts? Most Christians say no.

I'm not sure that I agree with you that "[m]ost Christians say no.' Why would so many believe there are people that have ESP and yet think that the being considered the second most powerful being in universe couldn't?

Either way most human minds aren't difficult to guess what thoughts cross our minds at times. If a beautiful girl goes by a guy generally desires her. If someone sees an advertisement for a delicious food they will want it. Most everyone wishes for money, love, and acceptance. In the book Hannibal Lecter could figure out motivations, why would we think Satan couldn't?

My comment was based on the responses of Christians at other online forums and discussion groups. Many believe that only God can read thoughts, and demons and other spirits can only know what you say out loud and similar to what you said, can infer as to our desires based upon our words and actions.

What makes you say Satan is the second most powerful being in the universe?
07-13-2017, 02:34 PM
(07-13-2017 12:22 PM)I Am Dude Wrote:  How do you know demons don't exist?

For the same reason we know a lot of other things do not exist. A total & utter lack of evidence to even suggest that they do.
If these demons were everything that even the more sane believers wanted us to believe they are. Then there would be some concrete evidence of their existence.
If I have to believe something exists or even be open minded to it's existence to see the evidence, then clearly it's not evidence, it's a delusion.
I do not have to be open minded to be convinced in the existence of electricity, or dogs, or glass, or most other things. So why some so called spiritual things?
I have no problem with someone believing what ever they want. But the first rule of mental health is you do not enter into someone's delusion. And belief in something that can only be understood by others who believe in it, or which needs others to be open minded. Is clearly a form of delusion.
07-14-2017, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 04:35 AM by crossbow.)
(07-13-2017 02:34 PM)Kayt Wrote:  
(07-13-2017 12:22 PM)I Am Dude Wrote:  How do you know demons don't exist?

For the same reason we know a lot of other things do not exist. A total & utter lack of evidence to even suggest that they do.
If these demons were everything that even the more sane believers wanted us to believe they are. Then there would be some concrete evidence of their existence.
If I have to believe something exists or even be open minded to it's existence to see the evidence, then clearly it's not evidence, it's a delusion.
I do not have to be open minded to be convinced in the existence of electricity, or dogs, or glass, or most other things. So why some so called spiritual things?
I have no problem with someone believing what ever they want. But the first rule of mental health is you do not enter into someone's delusion. And belief in something that can only be understood by others who believe in it, or which needs others to be open minded. Is clearly a form of delusion.

Being open minded or being able to acknowledge that you don't know whether something exists or not is not being delusional.
It is just being honest with yourself.
To not be honest with yourself is delusional.
Delusional can be belief based or disbelief based.

It was not long ago when rumors circulated about strange creatures in the new world and disbelief based delusional people would insist there is no such thing as giraffes, platypus, kangaroos, etc, because there is "a total and utter lack of evidence to even suggest that they do."

Even when the platypus was brought back to the old world many claimed it was a hoax made from parts of other animals stitched together. It was many years before the scientists of the day would accept that a mammal could hatch from an egg.

To have a healthy relationship with truth, we need to be able to differentiate between what we know and what we like to think we know.

And also, we need to understand that belief and disbelief are different sides of the same mindset, with no substantial difference between them, just an assumed and delusional difference.

Quantum scientists acknowledge there may exist extra dimensions and unknown mediums through which entangled quantum particles communicate.

Mathematicians acknowledge the mathematical possibility of multiverses, and quantum scientists cannot dispute that possibility.

If such extra dimensions and multiverses exist then we have no idea what sort of creatures and life forms might exist within them.
07-14-2017, 04:50 AM
(07-14-2017 04:11 AM)crossbow Wrote:  Being open minded or being able to acknowledge that you don't know whether something exists or not is not being delusional.
It is just being honest with yourself.
To not be honest with yourself is delusional.
Delusional can be belief based or disbelief based.

Sorry but you are wrong. A delusion, is a misheld belief, that is held with absolute conviction.
To not believe in something & for it to be delusional, it needs to be something absolute & concrete. Not a belief, that is open to interpretation or debate.
The only medical exception is religious extremism which is now recognised as a delusion. As it is a concrete belief not open to debate & unhealthy for the person suffering it.
So, in general. To not believe in the existence of a stone built church, despite it being there. That is a delusion.
But to argue that the views of that church are not real. That is debate & not delusional.
However to proclaim demons & say that others are going to hell because some book written 2000 years ago & then edited numerous times to suit the political needs of others. That is also delusional.
No sane person as an example of a delusion, would equate the discovery of strange animals in the strange new world in the early 1500's with the proclamation that demons are real in the year 2017.
Can I catch a sail bot to where your demons are? Can I go as a disbeliever & see them for real? Can I touch them & see their physical reality?
In the 1500's beliefs & lives were very different to today. So to compare two events 500 years apart when one was of something concrete & real & the other of something that is only a part of some religious beliefs today is clearly flawed & doomed to failure.
To believe anything without debate & reasonable evidence is not healthy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Devil Cannot Read Our Thoughts The Warrior 8 6,591 11-19-2009 10:44 AM
Last Post: Graveyard Hound