Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shadow Person in my bedroom!
06-19-2017, 11:28 PM
Shadow Person in my bedroom!
Hello! First I would like to begin with a small bit of back story. I live in a house that is brand new. No one else has lived in it but my mom, dad and I. I am currently a teenager. I know that I am a sensitive. One night, around 11:00 p.m or so I was sitting in my room getting ready to go to bed. I was sitting on my bed facing out into my room taking off my slippers. As I looked up I know for sure that I then saw a shadow person. I know it was not my imagination, I know what I saw, the figure was very strange and hard to describe. What I saw seemed to me to be a bit grey/black. It was bald so the figure of a head, and arms as well as upper torso. Part of its legs started to sort of fade in if that makes sense. I know that I said "woah" and then "you are not welcome here". It really startled me and creeped me out a lot. Any ansight to what the figure might have been would be helpful. My mom is sensitive too and she said our house is not "haunted". We have had passings of family members so at times I wonder if they stop by to say hello. It still creeps me out to this day and I honestly believe it was a shadow person and I know what I saw. I just can't figure out how it got there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2017, 01:41 AM
RE: Shadow Person in my bedroom!
Well Mikayla, welcome to the site... I'm a newbie here as well. Just know that you, and your mom, are not alone in being sensitive to these entities. As for what they are and what they want, there seems to be a plethora of theories. And without someone around who can access the Akashic Record, we probably will never know for certain. Personally, I have seen MANY shadow people, or, at least, the same few repeatedly. It seems that they are everywhere, all the time. In Greek mythology, there is often a reference to "shades", which are merely spirits of the dead. Others have postulated that they are merely regular people living in a parallel dimension. Whatever they are, strange feelings usually accompany them. Kind of reminds me of that movie "The Sixth Sense" where the kid explains that the random chills and goosebumps is "them". I know I would usually get an uneasy feeling when I saw them, but not every time. As for your home being "new", that wouldn't really matter. Take the movie "Poltergeist", that development was brand spankin' new, just happened to be built on top of a Native American cemetery. Another common theory is that they are a type of "demon" who feed on fear. Basically, they just scare you and keep coming back because your fear is nourishing. Which, as far as "demons" go, could be worse. A lot of people, myself included, have noticed that they fear us as well. They often run away if you let on that you can see them. If it becomes too much for you to cope with, I can try to teach you how to temporarily dispel them. As for any long term solutions, I managed to help myself to a degree, but not quite sure how I managed to do so. But, for the most part, I don't see them anymore, at least not as clearly or as often. The random, odd feelings are still there from time to time, but at a certain point, I just got used to it. Anyway, take care and take it easy, so far as I can tell, they can't hurt you.

-NNG
06-20-2017, 05:45 AM
The supernatural has no evidence, its why millions of dollars are offered for proof. Instead its shown over and over why people experience things they want to believe is paranormal. Misperceptions, delusions, hallucinations, fantasy prone personalities, parasomnias, neurological causes, to lack of critical thinking.
Here is a good article on why people see shadows.
http://www.assap.ac.uk/newsite/articles/...omena.html

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
06-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Ugly, I do not dismiss that the eyes can play tricks and imaginations can run wild. But such phenomenon only explain a fraction of sightings of shadow people. As for what fraction, I really couldn't tell you. All I know is I've seen them, without a doubt, multiple times, in manners and situations that the article you shared didn't even touch. And, while skepticism is healthy and science can explain a great many things, skepticism is also subject to belief preservation and science can't explain everything, yet. Just because we don't yet know how to confirm, irrefutably, the existence of such entities does not mean they do not exist. Once upon a time, people laughed at the idea that creatures so tiny that they are invisible would fly through the air, enter your body and make you sick.
06-21-2017, 03:40 AM
(06-20-2017 09:24 PM)NachoNinjaGnome Wrote:  Ugly, I do not dismiss that the eyes can play tricks and imaginations can run wild. But such phenomenon only explain a fraction of sightings of shadow people. As for what fraction, I really couldn't tell you. All I know is I've seen them, without a doubt, multiple times, in manners and situations that the article you shared didn't even touch. And, while skepticism is healthy and science can explain a great many things, skepticism is also subject to belief preservation and science can't explain everything, yet. Just because we don't yet know how to confirm, irrefutably, the existence of such entities does not mean they do not exist. Once upon a time, people laughed at the idea that creatures so tiny that they are invisible would fly through the air, enter your body and make you sick.

Then perhaps what you saw falls under other categories, Delusional? Fantasy prone personality? Perceptions? Neurological issues? Parasomnias? Have you bothered to study all these categories? or is confirmation bias enough to not look for facts?

With the tens of thousands of paranormal teams looking for evidence you should ask why they have no proof. They instead make claims that are easily explained so they create items to add even more confusion. With so many claiming to be using scientific equipment they do not understand. Even when equipment is shown how it works paranormal investigators continue to use it as proof. If shadow people are visible to the human eye why can't they be captured in pictures? Instead we just see the explainable.

The truth has no greater enemy than belief and faith. Believing in believing is the power of deception’s greatest weapon, and it is the one most people are falling for.
06-21-2017, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2017 03:47 PM by Biggabit.)
The problem is that we (not the royal we, but the great unwashed lay public who won't know the difference between an eppendorf tube and an entrenching tool) are told, very often, and by people who ought to know better, that science is a one-way street of ever-advancing progress, a zero-sum game in which facts are accumulated and ignorance dispelled. In reality, the more we discover, the more we realise we don't know. Science is not so much about knowledge as doubt. Never in the field of human inquiry have so many known so little about so much.

The above was taken from the Gaurdian article : Science The Religion That Must Not Be Questioned.

Not sure I can post the link so search for the article yourselves.

Ugly likes to push the scientific take on reality, but scientific thinking (like religion) is 'man made' thus flawed, doesn't know all the answers and
doesn't entertain, pursue or ask the right questions. (Usually due to fear Google... INTELLECTUAL SUPPRESSION Why environmental scientists are afraid to speak out)

Another good one is : COMPLAINTS OF INTELLECTUAL
SUPPRESSION ARE NOT
"CONSPIRACY THEORIES."
2004 W. Beaty

I think the reason we're on this forrum (including ugly) is because deep down we really want to believe there has got to be more to life than reproducing to ensure the species survival.

P.s. I to am a sceptic
06-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Lets look at the human eye and shadows.... or is blind belief more also more accurate then science and Optometrists or Ophthalmologists. Why is it easier to think its paranormal then already explained causes?

Nacho dismissed corner eye phenomenon but in his other post that is where he is seeing shadows. He also claimed to see a shadow person following surgery recovering from anesthesia. Now once again its proven people have delirium and hallucinations. this was done monitoring brain waves and heart rate to monitor the depth of being out. So why make paranormal claims when these are proven by monitoring whats happening in the brain?

Now science is a revolving process but one thing it does do is peer review, unlike this site where people do not want non paranormal causes. Paranormal teams fear peer review, you would be shocked at the death threats and names that take place in PM's on this site.
06-26-2017, 12:46 AM
(06-21-2017 03:35 PM)Biggabit Wrote:  ...scientific thinking (like religion) is 'man made' thus flawed, doesn't know all the answers and doesn't entertain, pursue or ask the right questions.

I have to agree with this, and I've said similar many many times. This is a concept that people just don't want to realize, and that too is dangerous to knowledge and learning. When we start demanding that science can readily explain any phenomenon that we do not understand at first glance, we close off the process that science is about: Finding the truth.
One can assume the paranormal is pure delusion all they want, but it's assumptions like that which stifle actual research, which has been going on for years, from actually entering the level needed to prove that the paranormal exists. There are a lot of paranormal investigators, and there is a lot of evidence that supports the existence of the paranormal, but at the end of the day, as a result of "peer review", that evidence doesn't see the light of day because nobody wants to admit that the paranormal actually could exist. What's worse is the fact that there's a lot of faked material out there, and that is used also as a means to deny any scientific investigation on the proper leve. Existence of the paranormal is a frightening concept that most people don't want to accept, alleged "scientific minds" included, and only by opening oneself to the possibility that all of this evidence could be correct, could true scientific research into the phenomenon actually begin. And even then, we still lack the equipment we need to properly prove that the paranormal does exist beyond a doubt, and it's because we've focused our science purely on what we can perceive in the universe around us. Afterall, what scientific instrument that exists right now, would you use in order to find something that is just outside our dimensional range of perception?

"Science is not the answer; it's the question." It's a tool to find the truth, a method of learning, a means to ascertain the truth via experimentation and research. It is the beginning of knowledge, not the end, and without extensive investigation, research, and frankly, some highly developed technology, we cannot know what the paranormal is, and that is a scientific standpoint.

"You cannot prove a negative" - James Randi.
I bring this quote up because science cannot prove that the paranormal doesn't exist, although, throughout history, we have seen supposed "scientific minds" deny new theories on the basis that they sound unbelievable, many of those theories turned out to be factual. In a few hundred years, I wonder how many school-children will look back to our time, and laugh at our stupidity when it's determined that something we believe false today is proven true.
07-06-2017, 04:33 PM
If you only have experiences in your bedroom, it's gonna be difficult convincing others that this is not sleep paralysis or hypnagogia. That said, even those things are susceptible to influence of the psyche. So influence it. I used the LBRP (Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram).
07-28-2017, 07:11 PM
I also saw a shadow person in a haunted house I lived in when i was a child. If looked like a regular person. I experienced horrors in that house including someone invisible sitting on my bed ( you can feel the weight) and in broad daylight too! I have friends that seen them to more of a degree. I am sensitive to this stuff as well as my mom. me and her have shared experiences.

I as well moved into a brand new house and stuff continued to happen so it ither followed me or i was just attracting entities somehow? One day it sat on my bed and I felt the weight and it scared the dickens out of me and it was daylight I was wide awake. I asked it to stop doing that for it was scaring me and thankfully it stopped doing it but it did not stop the other odd stuff happening.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What Is Your Best Shadow Person/ Hat Man Experience? JesseHoward 9 3,330 12-14-2016 04:04 AM
Last Post: rudidur
  Shadow Person Seen In Creek Bed cgerke 0 697 11-08-2016 12:24 PM
Last Post: cgerke
  I keep seeing a shadow person elleluvsu 5 1,441 09-23-2016 02:10 PM
Last Post: Rose
  Shadow demon/person! theblackestshadow 0 1,182 01-04-2016 07:38 PM
Last Post: theblackestshadow
  Shadow Person? MetalWraith 1 1,066 10-06-2015 09:34 AM
Last Post: RelentlessOblivion