Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bending spoons
02-28-2017, 08:04 PM
Bending spoons
When I was a youngster I could bend spoons like Uri.
I do not do this anymore for reasons I may explain later.
Has anyone else done this?
I remember a guy in high school who used to practice (well try) he says to move an object with his mind.
Never did hear of him in a professional sphere or of proof he even did it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2017, 08:20 PM
RE: Bending spoons
I saw my younger brother doing it 3 times, all of them he fainted, had convulsions and headache for a couple days. The last time he did it, he ended up at the hospital..
02-28-2017, 08:29 PM
uri was a proven hoax
02-28-2017, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2017 09:16 PM by rcfieldz.)
(02-28-2017 08:29 PM)UglyNRude Wrote:  uri was a proven hoax
Proof? Other than your your typical outlandish replies?

(02-28-2017 08:20 PM)nawal Wrote:  I saw my younger brother doing it 3 times, all of them he fainted, had convulsions and headache for a couple days. The last time he did it, he ended up at the hospital..
What age was he then. And today does he steer clear of all things paranormal?
03-01-2017, 05:02 AM
Use a little common sense and do research (its not hard to do) just google uri geller exposed or uri geller hoax. Plus uri now admits he is an illusionist and has no special powers. Uri was exposed on national tv by James Randi (magician, skeptic.)

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
03-01-2017, 06:29 AM
(03-01-2017 05:02 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  Use a little common sense and do research (its not hard to do) just google uri geller exposed or uri geller hoax. Plus uri now admits he is an illusionist and has no special powers. Uri was exposed on national tv by James Randi (magician, skeptic.)
Well we differ here. What Uri says is I guess what he believes. But Randi is a charlatan and an odd fellow who can pull a hoax of his own on the little thinkers.
03-01-2017, 07:20 AM
Toungue RE: Bending spoons
(03-01-2017 06:29 AM)rcfieldz Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 05:02 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  Use a little common sense and do research (its not hard to do) just google uri geller exposed or uri geller hoax. Plus uri now admits he is an illusionist and has no special powers. Uri was exposed on national tv by James Randi (magician, skeptic.)
Well we differ here. What Uri says is I guess what he believes. But Randi is a charlatan and an odd fellow who can pull a hoax of his own on the little thinkers.
There are all sorts of articles and videos explaining spoon bending as a cheap parlor trick, guess it doesn't matter to the gullible.

Belief bias occurs when we make illogical conclusions in order to confirm our preexisting beliefs. Belief perseverance refers to our tendency to maintain a belief even after the evidence we used to form the belief is contradicted.
03-01-2017, 07:25 AM
(03-01-2017 07:20 AM)UglyNRude Wrote:  
There are all sorts of articles and videos explaining spoon bending as a cheap parlor trick, guess it doesn't matter to the gullible.
Can you do it? Have you ever tried. Just your fingers and a spoon in hand? Nothing else. Clean hands, no chemicals or whatever on them. Can you wave your hand over an object(not creating breeze) and have the item move? No strings or magnets?
03-01-2017, 12:01 PM
(03-01-2017 07:25 AM)rcfieldz Wrote:  
Can you do it? Have you ever tried. Just your fingers and a spoon in hand? Nothing else. Clean hands, no chemicals or whatever on them. Can you wave your hand over an object(not creating breeze) and have the item move? No strings or magnets?

Its so easy to move objects ..... and you can watch the candles to see its not the wind. But alas its also not magic.
03-01-2017, 03:31 PM
(03-01-2017 12:01 PM)UglyNRude Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 07:25 AM)rcfieldz Wrote:  

Its so easy to move objects ..... and you can watch the candles to see its not the wind. But alas its also not magic.
'
Hahahaha ...Total crap. Don't bother posting more of this nonsense.