Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Out of Body Experience? Astral Travel?
01-27-2017, 06:37 AM
Out of Body Experience? Astral Travel?
Scientists have shown people who claim to do this never leave the body.

So is it real or not?

It is real in the sense that she's actually experiencing it. The brain scans show that she's going through what she's claiming. But that doesn't mean that her "soul" is getting out of her body. This is not an astral trip, like those described by mystics. There's no paranormal activity of any kind.

The fact is that, even while there aren't a lot of solid experiments on this subject except this research paper and a few others, scientists believe that these out-of-body experiences are a type of hallucination triggered by some neurological mechanism.

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/scientists-unl...1538196076

The researchers found that the hippocampus, a region where GPS cells have been found, is involved in figuring out where one's body is. They also found that a brain region called the posterior cingulate cortex is what binds together the feeling of where the self is located with the feeling of owning a body.

The findings could one day lead to a better understanding of what happens in the brains of people with a condition called focal epilepsy, who have seizures that affect only one half of the brain, as well as people with schizophrenia. Out-of-body experiences are more commonly reported by these groups.
http://www.livescience.com/50683-out-of-...usion.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: Out of Body Experience? Astral Travel?
The best way to learn about astral travels is to experience them regularily and use that state of lucidity to study the phenomena from the inside, then you can make all the hypotesis that you want once you are awake, but it´s useful to bring opinions about it if you never were there yourself.
01-28-2017, 12:12 AM
Once this actually happened to me and right after I left my body it had felt as f a part of me died but when i returned that part of me was, you might say, reborn.
01-29-2017, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2017 03:52 PM by nawal.)
I have had astral projections hundreds of times, learned a lot of things. I cannot really assure if something materially gets out of the body or not, but I can say that the information of the outside actually comes to our antennas and our brains transform those perceptions into oneiric projections and more, the same as a tv device picks up the signal of a football game that is being played thousands of miles away and projects it into images and sounds, if a simple dvice as a radio is able to pick up many kinds of waves, why our brains, so advanced an complex electronic machines wouldn´t be able to pick up some others?.
I started with that theory years ago, I was having one of those lucid dreams, flying around a river which was rising very fast and I saw a guy in a horse dying trying to cross, slept a couple hours more, then I woke up, went to the kitchen, my father was hearing the news in the radio and one was that a guy died crossing a rising river riding a horse that morning, so, guess I just randomly picked up a radio wave and projected it into oneiric images?, it is very possible, even if scientists haven´t determined all the receptors available in our brains and how they interact with the exterior..
02-18-2017, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2017 11:37 AM by Lumpino.)
Astral traveling is possible, but it is hard to do. In common meditation go out only mental body. Astral body go out itself when you sleep.
You can rehearse but it takes quite a long time. Astral traveling you will recognize when you can commit telekinesis. When you training in mind the way regularly before bedtime, after a time you can do real astral traveling.
02-18-2017, 01:13 PM
I have done it many times myself I would go to sleep at my childhood home and find myself somewhere and always end up trying to walk up the stairs to the 2nd floor to my bedroom, As I climbed the stairs I would get a pain in my chest and be almost crawling up the stairs. Now this dream went on for years and every time I had it I would get farther up the stairs. Now the last time I got to the top of the stairs crawling and made it to the small hallway and on my stomach managed to look into my bedroom. Now when I did that I saw myself in the bed laying there. At that split second I woke up in the bed with a pain in my chest and looked at the doorway and say myself on the floor looking at myself and then I was gone from the door way. Since that time I have gone to sleep and found myself places, but don't seem to have any issue with the return anymore.

[Image: bygone1.gif]
02-19-2017, 09:08 AM
part of me would like to try astralling, but the other part is afraid too, i worry that i might get lost or have something try to take my body while i am out traveling around. i toyed with it yrs ago but ultimately decided against it.
02-19-2017, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2017 11:45 AM by nawal.)
Those are inventions of the Church and other dominant institutions to keep control over our beliefs, if everybody had the ability of astral traveling nobody would need priests or religions, because people would just see how the thing is by themselves. Astral travelling is the same as any common dream, the only difference is that in one you are not conscious of it and in the other you are. If the astral travel is lucid enough, then in every moment you know that you are still sleeping in your bed, you can always feel your body, you can feel the breathing and the warmth of the blankets, is just that perception is tuning other types of frequencies, the frequencies of "the astral plane", in normal dreams yo do it too, but you don`t notice it, you are like a zombie, and that`s what the controllers of the world want us to be, a bunch of scared and afraid zombies not conscious at all, that's wahy they create all those stupid scary stories about "witchcraft" and "posesions", but the thing works widely different, there are posesions, but they don`t happen in astral travels, but mostly in places full of people, like massive meditations or religious dances or rituals, you gotta be afraid of people, those are the bad and dangerous ones.
02-19-2017, 06:58 PM
I would read up on the process and experiences of others and then try it.

[Image: bygone1.gif]
02-19-2017, 07:16 PM
(02-19-2017 11:41 AM)nawal Wrote:  Those are inventions of the Church and other dominant institutions to keep control over our beliefs, if everybody had the ability of astral traveling nobody would need priests or religions, because people would just see how the thing is by themselves. Astral travelling is the same as any common dream, the only difference is that in one you are not conscious of it and in the other you are. If the astral travel is lucid enough, then in every moment you know that you are still sleeping in your bed, you can always feel your body, you can feel the breathing and the warmth of the blankets, is just that perception is tuning other types of frequencies, the frequencies of "the astral plane", in normal dreams yo do it too, but you don`t notice it, you are like a zombie, and that`s what the controllers of the world want us to be, a bunch of scared and afraid zombies not conscious at all, that's wahy they create all those stupid scary stories about "witchcraft" and "posesions", but the thing works widely different, there are posesions, but they don`t happen in astral travels, but mostly in places full of people, like massive meditations or religious dances or rituals, you gotta be afraid of people, those are the bad and dangerous ones.

i have heard that partial astralling can occur while you are dreaming, sometimes i think it has happened to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Was this my first out of body experience...? yungblonde 3 2,479 03-19-2017 05:42 PM
Last Post: nawal
  How do emotions and attachemnts effect one's astral travel? Taoist 2 1,886 08-25-2016 03:04 PM
Last Post: vixen
Exclamation Potential Astral travel, meditation, looking for answers for what happened to me?? Abhorseb 8 3,368 03-05-2016 01:55 PM
Last Post: Wiccan_Goddess
  Out-of-body experience: Master of illusion UglyNRude 3 2,462 12-22-2015 05:33 AM
Last Post: UglyNRude
  Astral Travel Experiment - Try It Out eyepriestess 62 58,408 02-11-2015 08:07 PM
Last Post: Godzillasaurus